Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-23-2014, 12:01 AM   #1
ghostrider2

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow ZL1 Vert/M6
Leather treatment

How often and what do you prefer to use as leather treatment?

I use Meguire's and feel/think once a month should keep the leather in good condition.....
Old 06-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
i concur. i do my furniture and the car the same day every month.
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
DylanVK

Drives: a few
Leather treatment often times is 'as needed' because so many things come into play.

The simple act of getting in and out of your car and the friction between your pants and the seat is enough to remove most treatments after just a few days of driving.

On the flip side - a car that sits in the garage until the weekend won't need it nearly as often because its not seeing the same abrasion or exposure.

Honestly there is very little, if any, harm to conditioning frequently so apply something as often as you like. With modern coated leather in cars like the camaro, nothing is absorbed so you can condition as often as you prefer.

For the coated leather/pleather/vinyl surfaces in my vehicles I do an every other week application of our Leather Cockpit Cream since its lanolin free. I also use it for the dash, door panels, etc.

We have a few pieces of furniture that are uncoated leather and for those I use Voodoo Blend since it does contain the lanolin and I want that for the raw leather as it will absorb into the surface keeping it soft.

1967 C/10 PROJECT TRUCK | DETAILING EXPERT | CRAFT BEER ENTHUSIAST
DylanVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Leather Masters - hand's down is my favorite.

Modern leather doesn't need to be "conditioned" for the most part. It needs to be cleaned, then protected.

Leather Master's, the US brand of Rueters SpA, is a company that only deals in making products for leather care. They don't make waxes, sealants, soaps, just leather (and some fabric) care. How good are they? They supply many of the exotic car companies with their leather car products (which are relabeled and jacked up in price), as well as many high-end US and European furinture suppliers. It just doesn't get better.

Use Leather Master Strong Cleaner to safely remove any topical dirt, grease, body oil and soiling from leather, then use Leather Masters Protection Creme to protect. I do this every six months. For times in between treatments, a damp cloth is all you need.
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post
How often and what do you prefer to use as leather treatment?

I use Meguire's and feel/think once a month should keep the leather in good condition.....
I use megs also, and every 4-6 weeks for me

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:02 AM   #6
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Never.