Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #365
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Heck, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell a ChiliWagon is, let alone if the term is meant as a cut or a compliment.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #366
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
A famous...and believeable...GM quote...

"We're NOT done...", and since the new-improved ChiliWagon is still in the offing, there's still time for Ford to go back and make it right...

Works both ways, buddy...
Where was the Camaro from 2003-2009?

Ford has been offering up supercharged Mustangs since 2004.

GM finally is offering up a supercharged Camaro now in 2012.

Who's chasing whom again??????
Old 04-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #367
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Sensational!! Truly!! And you can quote me!!

But sometimes "numbers" don't add up...and I FIRMLY believe THIS is one of those times... Too much of THIS, and not NEARLY enough of THAT...for me.

For instance...go back to the glossery of super-duper cars and tell me, in the history of automotive-dom (or -dumb), WHO ever thought it was a great idea to put 662hp in front of 285 tires???

I'm waiting...
Old 04-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #368
69bossnine
Banned

Drives: various
Yeah, I know, 1 post, certainly a troll, etc, etc... Couldn't help myself, very interesting discussion... I didn't realize so many Camaro fans were closet-admirers of the Honda S2000 (i.e. so obsessed with roadcourse prowess )

I'm a fan of both cars, happen to own a 2011 GT500 (660rwhp with TVS blower, elbow, TB, through stock exhaust), but I also kept my previous DD (2006 GTO with mild mods), and have a Camaro or two..

I like to be objective. Some here are like-minded, some obviously not.

Bottom-line, I'd imagine that going up against the 2013 GT500 on a road course will basically be akin to re-running against that Boss 302, only this time it has 200+ more ponies pushing it...

From the bench-racing seats, it doesn't look promising for the ZL1, but from the "keep it real" seats, I'm waiting for true comparo tests of true-production cars...

Greetings!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #369
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Heck, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell a ChiliWagon is, let alone if the term is meant as a cut or a compliment.
Lmfao
Old 04-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #370
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
Where was the Camaro from 2003-2009?
Even then, they weren't DONE, were they?
Old 04-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #371
Huggerorange73
Banned

Quote:

But sometimes "numbers" don't add up...and I FIRMLY believe THIS is one of those times... Too much of THIS, and not NEARLY enough of THAT...for me.

For instance...go back to the glossery of super-duper cars and tell me, in the history of automotive-dom (or -dumb), WHO ever thought it was a great idea to put 662hp in front of 285 tires???

I'm waiting...
Because 580 is easier to contain right?

Both HP figures are a waste of time without a drag radial or full on slick.

I'm all for backing your brand, but your posts are just so full of homer smack it's absurd.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #372
Huggerorange73
Banned

Quote:
Even then, they weren't DONE, were they?
That's not what I asked you.....is it?
Old 04-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #373
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bossnine View Post
Greetings!
I got a greeting for you...Page 2, Post #38...
Old 04-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #374
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
A famous...and believeable...GM quote...

"We're NOT done...", and since the new-improved ChiliWagon is still in the offing, there's still time for Ford to go back and make it right...

Works both ways, buddy...
I know it does, that's why I mentioned when the Camaro first came out and dominated the Mustang.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #375
69bossnine
Banned

Quote:

I'm waiting...
Maybe the same guy who was running 9's in the quarter on G70-15 POLYGLASS tires in the F.A.S.T. racing series in a 1971 Mach 1... The same guy who was knowledgable enough to understand that tire contact patch is only one element of the recipe that creates transfer and traction...

Until the cars go out drag racing head-to-head, you're just grasping at straws.. Or as my pops would say, chasing farts in a wind-storm..
Old 04-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #376
69bossnine
Banned

Quote:
I got a greeting for you...Page 2, Post #38...

That's funny, because I have a 1969 Boss 429 (engine built by Earl Wade..).

The problem with the mill wasn't the mill, it was just that Ford de-tuned the buhjeezus out of it for the street. There was nothing de-tuned about the ZL-1, and do you recall what the COST was for the ZL-1 option? Those two cars weren't competitors...

The Boss 429 engine, opened up to breathe and utilize those hemi heads, was a very formible and successful NASCAR mill... The ZL-1 was not.

Apples/Oranges, and you're just cherry-picking moments in history, taking them out of context, in some attempt to display brand-loyalty...

I like all cars, so what's your next dig at me? (BTW, my Boss ran high-11's on the poly's before I put the stock exhaust back under it).
Old 04-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #377
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Yup, and that '71 has 2-mode Bilsteins, too, doesn't it, which will do WHAT for weight transfer?

F.A.S.T. are Factory Tire Stock Appearing...and that 429 WEDGE had HOW MANY CUBES?
Old 04-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #378
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:

Numbers don't add up when it's a small difference, but when you compare a Prius to a ZR1 suddenly numbers mean a hell of a lot. Cars still have to obey the laws of physics, and based on the specs the ZL1 has some catching up to do. You can argue IRS and whatnot, but being heavier and having much less power is one hell of a barrier to overcome. I'll reserve final judgment until the comparison tests come out, but my money's on the GT500 this time around.
Closed Thread