Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-30-2014, 05:15 AM   #29
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
I'll add, just to stir the pot, that my headers/CAI/canned tuned 1LE has beat a stock (I know, stock) manual C7/Z51 at the local track. I was sure I was about to lose, but I managed to take the win. The C7 was less desirable to me right after. I thought it was a real 119mph car, which is not, more like a 114-117 in normal DA and track. To be fair, his best time was 12.40 and mine 12.87(0-60ft 2.1-2.2), but the mph was exactly the same on both car; 112-113mph (crappy track/DA). You could say the driver is bad, but he wasnt (he owned a lot of modified Vettes running 10s). I'm not proving anything, just what I experienced with a C7. Maybe the guy had a full tank or the engine was really new, I dunno. I was expecting more I guess.

So my car after those mods is hanging with a C7 and I'm very satisfied. Yes the boltons C7 will crush me, but the Camaro is a cheap thrill!!

The C7 is the better car, by far, but its a 2 seater and in another category. Pobst will beat the 1LE time, I'm 99% sure but the 1LE is doing wonders at this track! For the money, both cars are really hard to beat...I'll take a LT1 16' Camaro

I agree cars are really getting faster and faster and the law stiffer and stiffer...

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #30
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
These cars are like apples and oranges to me. I am not sure you should actually compare them. Just appreciate each one for the awesome experience it delivers. The important thing is whether it is an improvement over the previous generation. Most c7 owners I spoke to say the c7 vette is a big improvement over their prior c5 and c6 and most folks love the improvements that the 1le package brings to the c5 Camaro. It appears like we are going in the right direction and I look forward to the C6 Camaro with that LT1 motor.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #31
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
These cars are like apples and oranges to me. I am not sure you should actually compare them. Just appreciate each one for the awesome experience it delivers. The important thing is whether it is an improvement over the previous generation. Most c7 owners I spoke to say the c7 vette is a big improvement over their prior c5 and c6 and most folks love the improvements that the 1le package brings to the c5 Camaro. It appears like we are going in the right direction and I look forward to the C6 Camaro with that LT1 motor.
Hit the nail on the head.

Each car has its pros and cons. Personally I like the look of the C7 over any previous gen vette (well maybe not the original stingray) but other C6 owners have told me it has less room (the C7) in it than a C6. One thing everyone can agree on is the interior is a HUGE improvement.

Same goes for the camaro, although I still don't like the rear of the 14's.
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:46 PM   #32
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
I can only speak from experience. My father picked up a c7/z51 two months ago, we have now been on some fun runs,tracks days, and run what ya brung events around the state. It is quick to say the least, not a comparison at all to a 1LE, yes i know the LE has gears, suspension and a 3m sticker on the hood but its not even close. All I know is what I have now seen and driven and its mostly been in horrendous AZ heat, he pulls away hard, my car hates heat! I can only imagine when Novmber rolls around and the air cools what it will do..

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #33
Ltespd

Drives: 2010 SS, 2006 SC Saleen
Glad you're happy with your 1LE. I have a 2SS RS with springs, CAI, catback and tune. I love this car. I just ordered a 2015 Z51 Corvette. The Camaro is not in the same class as the Z51 Vette. But I don't see the need to bash either car. Just appreciate both.