Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #99
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Hey what lower grill is that?
Old 03-17-2015, 09:43 PM   #100
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Today I got to drive around with the throttle controller. Heading to work I wear running shoes for military PT in the morning so I was able to control the slight feather touch of the throttle on SP 9 and it was pretty good. Way different than stock, I was hitting the speed limit way faster than I normally would so I had to watch that I know that I did not bump any power but using the power I have in an instant is amazing.

Though on my way home I was in combat boots, and boy SP 9 is a beast to control. First gear is super jerky, not the controllers fault but because I have no real sense for the sensitivity of the pedal with my boots on.

I filled up and went to Walmart to get a fire extinguisher so I could do the below and man driving shoes do make SP 9 easier to handle. My sense with those on is so much better. I'll probably drop to around 6 when I have my boots on

White was not planned but it goes with my outside color scheme and the inner lip of my center gauges. The red ones they had at Walmart did not have the automotive bracket to keep them in place so White it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
Looks SO good! Great work man!!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Thanks Tyler! Always nice to see it all come together. Plus you have had your hands in my build so you are always welcome here!

When I park it I do not know if it is because I was gone so long or if it is because she looks so much better but I am constantly looking back more and more at her as I walk away. When I walk towards her all I have on my face is a huge freaking grin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Hey what lower grill is that?
Should be this one.

http://www.stillen.com/product/grill...223-66848.html

I know it is the Street Scene one, as it goes with their ducts, however I did have to modify it by cutting it to fit the ducts as it is a stand alone billet piece. But it matched the heritage grille so that is the route I went.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:22 PM   #101
Aequitas & Veritas

I haven't uploaded any photos recently since I got eye surgery two weeks ago and am still healing but better now that I can finally get some nice photo shoots done. Also picked up a new lens:

My set up is a Nikon D7100 with a Nikkor 35mm 1.8G and then a Sigma 50-500mm 4.5-6.3 APO

And with the Sigma lens I took the below photo and I really like this angle of my car

Just need to pick a better location so I do not have houses in the reflection so I have a new goal this week. Take a bunch of photos!
Old 04-05-2015, 09:00 AM   #102
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Still looking good! Love the wheels for sure.
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #103
Aequitas & Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
Still looking good! Love the wheels for sure.
Thanks!

Currently stocking up on some GoPros and other tidbits to collect some good data for this year during autocross and my track days.

A standalone GPS, a bluetooth OBD data reader, a basic GoPro on a ram mount, the claw ram mount with be holding an Ipod Touch to run the track app and collect all the data. Just so I do not have to run it all through my phone. That GoPro will be relocated outside and I have a White Edition to connect with the app via it's wifi capability as this one has no wifi.

And threw my new jack stands in there as well. Will be using them this week when I change my oil since that is a must right now!
Old 04-25-2015, 10:13 PM   #104
Aequitas & Veritas

Well I had my first autocross of the season last weekend and with my dual go pro set up here are my 5 runs.

My third run I had the fastest guy ride along with me and give me pointers. I rode with him and he was extremely fast. My best time was run a 44.5 and his fastest was a 40.03 in an Audi TT. It was a tight course and I have a lot to learn but I did have fun!

Old 04-27-2015, 01:28 PM   #105
simon.w
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS RS 6M Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post

That's a good looking fire extinguisher bracket you have there.... wonder where you got that from!
simon.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:52 PM   #106
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Lookin' good!
Old 04-30-2015, 04:40 PM   #107
Aequitas & Veritas

I have another event this Sunday, so I will have more video coverage of that. Hopefully I will have time tomorrow night to get some more photos with my new lens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.w View Post
That's a good looking fire extinguisher bracket you have there.... wonder where you got that from!
Yep, super easy to install!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Lookin' good!
Thanks!
Old 05-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #108
Aequitas & Veritas

Just finished editing my last set of videos from May 3rd. I would have been done earlier this week but work has been hectic and I was in the field a few days this week. Anyways here are some more videos. I was progressively learning more and more, I still am braking too soon and not hard enough.

Parade Lap

Run 1: 76.206

Run 2: 72.201

Run 3: 70.208 +1 cone (2 seconds) 72.208

Run 4: 71.060

Run 5: DNF (I tried to carry more speed into an area where I thought I was losing time and then forgot the turn in to a gate until it was too late. So I just coasted after that since even if I turned back my run was going to be awful)

No events this weekend; however, on 16-17 May I will be attending my first HPDE up at Mid America Motorplex in Iowa.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:27 PM   #109
Aequitas & Veritas

I have done two photo shoots since I've gotta my new camera set up and I forgot to post photos here!

This is my flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bradbeer/

This was the most recent shoot between 10pm-12am

And these are from a few weeks ago which I forgot to upload

Old 05-11-2015, 10:49 AM   #110
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
There's the pics we've been waiting for! Looking sweet man! Those white wheels and accents really make it pop!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:44 PM   #111
Aequitas & Veritas

It's been awhile since I have updated this thread. I still need to upload my HPDE videos. I am going to finish the edits with those this weekend and have them posted no later than Monday.

It has been a crazy couple of months at work.

In the car world, I am searching to buy another car to add to my garage. I was 98% about to pull the trigger on a white '14 Z/28 but it was a Manufacturer Buy Back aka Lemon. Thanks to everyone that I trust with cars they told me to stay clear from that even though it was repaired by GM. It's still for sale too.

I was also considering the GT350R but every dealer I made contact with did not have anymore allocations for 2016.

I believe I have decided on a car, just awaiting an inspection so maybe within the next couple weeks I will have two cars in my garage.

But back to my Camaro. Last week I picked up a screw in my right front tire, it was too close to the sidewall so if it was removed it would ruin my tire, and could not be repaired. And of course no tire shop near me or KC carries a 275/40/20 DWS so I had to wait for my order to come in from TireRack. So they came in this week. However, due to work I could not get to the dealer in a time before they closed until today. I don't trust Walmart to do it. So the local Chevy dealer helped me out and mounted/balanced my two front tires. It was needed after the uneven wear form my HPDE.

One tire riding shotgun

and one barely fitting in the trunk

Glad these were not the rear 315s lol or that would have been even harder getting into the car.

I had a delivery today

Should be obvious now

and here its is!

This is the drivers side, and now I await the passenger side. It might not be this month as I am looking at picking up the second car but it should be before mid August to get the passenger side. Then I will put them both in!
Old 07-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #112
Aequitas & Veritas

Today I had super bad luck. I was on my way home to visit my parents for the weekend and it was raining so I was driving slower than the speed limit. I was doing 50-55 in a 65 zone. It was raining prior however the road looked patchy with dryness.

However, I hit some big standing water that was near an 18 wheeler, so I didn't see it until the truck hit it and sent it flying, then I hit it and it tried to suck me into the median of the interstate. I tried to correct to stay on the road but the water made my correction into an over correction and lifted and I went from the left lane into the right, past the shoulder, then onto grass.

I hit the grass and spun twice, and then landed up against a chainlink fence backwards.

Here is some close up of the damaged rear right after it was pulled out.

A very expensive tow later, I get to the dealer close to my parents so that I can get it on the lift to inspect for damage.

That is the majority of the damage however the front bumper and splitter have some damage as well.

My Havoc diffuser that actually fit was totally destroyed...

So overall for what happened the damage that I know of as of now:

- Front bumper dent
- Front splitter may have pulled out of the front bumper
- Driver ACS wind deflector is damaged
- Havoc Diffuser is destroyed
- Seibon ST Trunk has a chunk of damage in the spoiler area
- MRT V2 left Exhaust is a little bent

Suspension wise it is good, I drove it to my parents from their local dealer. Everything is still straight, wheels are undamaged, still drives.

Oh and I forgot to mention I am unhurt, no one else was involved, two people saw me spin and go down the ditch. They were great for stopping, they waited with me until the cops came.

I am just upset that my baby is injured, though not as bad as it could have been if I went down nose first.