Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #141
Halltech

Drives: 2010 Halltech Camaro SS, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
So.....you're going to send me one to test and I'll take down to ADM's shop so we can do some before/after dynos?

I'll mail you back my Yellow Jacket in trade....
I really do not want to sell these, believe it or not. Our profit margin is about 10% on this system, and they are very difficult to make. The carbon fiber velocity stack alone costs us $260 to make

i.e. The whole system cost me $575 just to make, including the VS, filter, heat shield,,,,yada yada yada.

So if we sell them for $650, no one buys them. It is a lose lose intake, unless we put the plastic VS on instead of the carbon fiber unit.
Halltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #142
tarheel34
Go Heels!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Did a search and found a lot of people using the washer fluid bags from JC Whitney, but I can't find them on their site. In fact all I can find are the FoMoCo ones (I really would rather not have anything that says ford on anything I own). Anyone else have any idea as to where to get one from?
tarheel34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #143
blackonblacksls

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Just do the ford bag. Probly outlast anything on the car gm made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel34 View Post
Did a search and found a lot of people using the washer fluid bags from JC Whitney, but I can't find them on their site. In fact all I can find are the FoMoCo ones (I really would rather not have anything that says ford on anything I own). Anyone else have any idea as to where to get one from?
blackonblacksls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #144
gomeangreen

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Thanks Ted, just ordered from your site, 'been waiting for these results!
gomeangreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #145
orange-prince
QATAR 2022

Drives: black cts-V coupe a6
what about airaid ?
orange-prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:00 PM   #146
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange-prince View Post
what about airaid ?
Airaid was tested. See the first part of the spreadsheet! It was part of the first test.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #147
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
just order me ADM race scoop, eat my dust lol j/k
Old 09-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #148
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Jannetty's Halltech results re-enforces my open hood results of 15.9hp & 10.8tq back in March. Too bad I need abandon it when I go Procharger in a few months.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:16 AM   #149
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJRE View Post
I think the Roto-Fab kit looks beautiful, it's very eye pleasing and Mike @ Roto-Fab is a great guy to deal with..

Like Ted said once tuned, all these kits will make pretty much the same power.
I agree with this totally but then....what was the point of this test?
Everyone now wants to buy a "CAI" or ADM thinking they are much better but, your comments prove that if tuned properly most of these CAI are very close in performance. So, in the end all those waiting for months for this test could have grabbed their CAI of choice and had it tuned for their car.

Thanks for your comments Nick
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:06 AM   #150
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post
Everyone now wants to buy a "CAI" or ADM thinking they are much better but, your comments prove that if tuned properly most of these CAI are very close in performance. So, in the end all those waiting for months for this test could have grabbed their CAI of choice and had it tuned for their car.

If you're wanting the most HP without a tune, Halltech or CAI would be the units of choice. Makes you wonder what either of these would do with a tune as well. I think Nick was saying that many of the ones that didn't fair as well would make about the same as the above mentioned once tuned.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:07 AM   #151
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post

Hello,

The reason why we do the tests is to see which Cold Air Kit works best on a stock car. Not everyone wants to tune their car so it makes things tricky. Also everyone has a preference on what style of kit they like.

Personally, I like well engineered pieces. Fuel trims are the first thing I look at, Temperature rise is another thing I look at closely. I guess I enjoy attention to detail. But I am a litttle weird so
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:08 AM   #152
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
If you're wanting the most HP without a tune, Halltech or CAI would be the units of choice. Makes you wonder what either of these would do with a tune as well. I think Nick was saying that many of the ones that didn't fair as well would make about the same as the above mentioned once tuned.
Exactly

These cars are extremely sensitive to Fuel Trims. If the fuel trims are off these cars are not happy at all. Through a tune we adjust the fuel trims for optimal performance.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:48 AM   #153
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Once tuned you take the MAF error out of the equation, then all that is left is Raw air flow, and Temperature control of IATs

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:05 AM   #154
Duke

Drives: 2010 Red SS/RS
Aluminum vs Plastic

Looking at the data for the New Era aluminum pipe versus the stock plastic unit, I see no difference in temperature rise or power. So, is the "Oh my, the aluminum units will heat soak." a myth?
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote