Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #29
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Killer View Post
Another good positive thread gone bad. By some of our own none the less...
Bad? Because we want non-confusing truth? I'd think that even ZL1 owners would want that...

Like I said earlier.. I'm not knocking the car.. If it did it, then great!
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #30
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
My point is.. obviously, there's a lot of confusion out there and the whole point of the video was to show a ZL1 running 11s OEM... DRs shouldn't have even been a part of it... Release another video talking about them running on DRs to test it out since they know we will.... Combining the two and talking about 12s all day, then 11s in the same video has led to confusion.. Why would they say run 12s all day then?
I can see the confusion but the answer is in print, I can copy and paste it again if you like.
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #31
HumanWiki

Quote:
I can see the confusion but the answer is in print, I can copy and paste it again if you like.
because print articles are never, ever wrong, right? The video is theirs as well.. and it's confusing the waters. Drs should never have entered the picture.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #32
Betiwin

Drives: CTS-V Coupe and GT500
It's so mucked up. It clearly states that there best run of the day for both. Your telling me if they ran all day on street and drag tires the DRs wouldn't be the best time. Should of never even mention or brought the drags if they wanted to show what a "stock ZL1" could do. Video shows almost every run wij the DRs on. Why?!
Betiwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #33
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
I just like the fact that this car can be driven to the track, put drag radials on, drag it or track it, then drive it back home.......in comfort. Best daily driver to me, and I don't even own one........yet.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #34
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
LMAO at believing GM. GM is the business of making money and in the business of making money, they do not always tell the truth. Believe your eyes.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #35
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
I just like the fact that this car can be driven to the track, put drag radials on, drag it or track it, then drive it back home.......in comfort. Best daily driver to me, and I don't even own one........yet.
Agreed.. I love that the GM is taking their car on DRs and admitting that they know ZL1 owners would do the same.. That's awesome..
Old 05-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #36
Rice Killer
Cooter

Quote:
because print articles are never, ever wrong, right?
Nope, never.

In all seriousness, this was more of press release than a news article. I am sure it was gone over with a fine tooth comb.
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #37
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betiwin View Post
It's so mucked up. It clearly states that there best run of the day for both. Your telling me if they ran all day on street and drag tires the DRs wouldn't be the best time. Should of never even mention or brought the drags if they wanted to show what a "stock ZL1" could do. Video shows almost every run wij the DRs on. Why?!
I am sure Rice Killa can answer that for ya.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #38
HumanWiki

Quote:
Nope, never.

In all seriousness, this was more of press release than a news article. I am sure it was gone over with a fine tooth comb.
I hope it was as well and I hope that it was truly on the OEM tires for those times... I've just gotten in the habit of being skeptical when seeing conflicting data..
Old 05-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #39
camarofreak

Drives: 2011 Silverado LT
Quote:
Another good positive thread gone bad. By some of our own none the less...
It's not a negative thread, we're just trying to figure out the confusion
camarofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #40
Rice Killer
Cooter

Quote:
I hope it was as well and I hope that it was truly on the OEM tires for those times... I've just gotten in the habit of being skeptical when seeing conflicting data..
No argument there. Agreed.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #41
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Some of you guys have serious hearing and sight issues. The video clearly stated the timed runs that were posted were done with OEM tires. They also stated they brought some DR tires to test, because they know the customers will be running them, and the wanted to make sure there were not going to be any issues with them.

It's not that difficult to understand guys ... It's like some of you trying to run the record backwards to find the hidden message ... Come on !!!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #42
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Some of you guys have serious hearing and sight issues. The video clearly stated the timed runs that were posted were done with OEM tires. They also stated they brought some DR tires to test, because they know the customers will be running them, and the wanted to make sure there were not going to be any issues with them.

It's not that difficult to understand guys ... It's like some of you trying to run the record backwards to find the hidden message ... Come on !!!
Not just us. Other articles printed with the same thing. If that many people are confused on a topic, it's the message, not the consumer.