Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 10-05-2015, 06:21 PM   #1
BlackMambaZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Tuners in Boise Idaho

Hey guys,

Just did a bunch of mods to my car and am in need of a tune. I know that I want someone that does HP tuners and I would like a dyno tune also. There is only one guy that I can find that does it to our platform. I know the guy is very reputable but there are a couple issues... he is a while out to get my appointment and he doesn't seem too anxious for my business. I have a hard time shelling out that kind of money to someone that doesn't seem to want my ride there and was wanting me to tell him if I find another shop to tune it... basically hinting he wanted me to keep looking.

Would love anyone's input on shops around here that do a good job. Also, really want to use PowerLabs but they are 4 hours each way. And trailering it there with someone's trailer, which I have never used before, doesn't seem like a task my nerves can handle haha.
BlackMambaZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:28 AM   #2
Nickey31

Drives: 2012 Nickey ZL1 #001, 2014 Corvette
Probably best to go 5 hours to Salt Lake and use JDP. There are some tuners here in Boise but none have done as many Camaros as JDP. JDP, like the many professional tuners on this forum, know where to find the safe and reliable power.

Glad to see another ZL1 owner on the forums from Boise.
Nickey31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambaZL1 View Post
Hey guys,

Just did a bunch of mods to my car and am in need of a tune. I know that I want someone that does HP tuners and I would like a dyno tune also. There is only one guy that I can find that does it to our platform. I know the guy is very reputable but there are a couple issues... he is a while out to get my appointment and he doesn't seem too anxious for my business. I have a hard time shelling out that kind of money to someone that doesn't seem to want my ride there and was wanting me to tell him if I find another shop to tune it... basically hinting he wanted me to keep looking.

Would love anyone's input on shops around here that do a good job. Also, really want to use PowerLabs but they are 4 hours each way. And trailering it there with someone's trailer, which I have never used before, doesn't seem like a task my nerves can handle haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickey31 View Post
Probably best to go 5 hours to Salt Lake and use JDP. There are some tuners here in Boise but none have done as many Camaros as JDP. JDP, like the many professional tuners on this forum, know where to find the safe and reliable power.

Glad to see another ZL1 owner on the forums from Boise.
We'd be happy to get you dialed in but we are booked into the week of October 26th for tuning. Please feel free to call, email or PM us anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #4
9020B

Drives: 2015 ZL1 AGM
I would suggest Power Labs as well. Getting it to IF might be a pain, but they are good at what they do.
9020B is offline   Reply With Quote