Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
djb525

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS M6 Black
Angry Horrible Service from a dealer

Sorry about the rant but I have to get this off my chest. I went to this dealer first to buy my camaro. I knew exactly what I wanted and I was willing to order it, or get one off a lot if it was exactly what I wanted. I am 22. This dealer treated me like a kid, and basically lost my order when they told me they found what I wanted and to go down to do the paper work. I showed up and it was a different color and an auto, I wanted stick. So I went and ordered it at a different dealer. Later, I needed a third key programmed but without it being cut. They told me no problem. I went in and waited for 2 hours and they called me up and told me it needed to be cut. I didn't say, anything, just took the key and left.
Needless to say I was a bit hesitant for bringing it back for this service, but the dealer I got it from was over an hour away.

So now I brought it in for service here. It had the paint chipping issue, and the passenger fan was squeaking very loudly almost all the time. Both seem to be quite common issues on here. When I went to make the appointments, I printed out the TSB for the paint chipping with the part they needed to order on it, and the tech told me he hadn't heard about it, but would order the part right away. Service told me no problem, they will take it after the body work and just replace the blower motor. Sounded like they knew about the issue.

2 Weeks later I drop off the car on wednesday. They tell me should be about a day. They are going to pull the trunk off and do the work, then send it over to service to have the fan fixed. OK no big deal, I can go a day without the car. I called the next day around 5pm to see what's up. They said they pulled up the spoiler and found some more chips, might take a bit longer, hopefully by friday. Friday, I get a phone call to update me. He said they were still waiting on the spacer part. I said wasn't that supposed to be ordered? They forgot. Ok, I'm mad but whatever. He says Hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

Monday, no call. Tuesday 3PM. I call the dealer, cant get in touch with the collision center. I call service since they should know what's up, since they have had it since Wednesday. She tells me the car still has the trunk off and is sitting in the service center. I asked about the fan. She said they couldn't hear any noises that were not normal. It is a high pitched squeaking to the point where I drive without the heat sometimes in the cold because it is so annoying. So the car sat in the service center for 6 days now and nobody bothered to call me to say there was nothing wrong with the fan.

So now my car is sitting in the shop, no trunk because they are waiting on a part that should have been ordered 3 weeks ago. I even handed him a printout of the TSB with the part on it, and they wont fix the fan issue.

What do I do? Does anybody have any legitimate suggestions? I have been without a car now for almost a week for something that they told me would take a day, and so far not even half of the issue has been solved. Even when I get it back, it is still going to have a broken fan. Is there someone higher up that I can get in touch with? Please, any helpful input would be greatly appreciated.
djb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
mikeb27

Drives: 2011 Black 2LT
Contact Jeff Morris with GM Customer Service. He's around this site somewhere.
mikeb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
DANG. That sucks. I would take this advice. ^
Old 05-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
BlueDragonVT

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Tell them to put the trunk back on, and take it to the dealer you bought it from. Do not pay this dealer a dime, they didn't do anything. Then, once your car is safely away from these morons, call GM and share your story.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Hmmm, sounds like typical dealership B.S. to me. From what I've seen and experienced, this is very common. I hope things get better for ya!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
Any dealer that hasn't heard of the paint chipping doesn't sell many Camaro's. Get them to put your car back together and find a local Caddy dealer if you have one close. See if they will do the work for you, i've always had better qaulity service from them. They may not see many Camaro's either, but at least the technicians aren't used to working on $15k cars all day long. (No idea if they will do paint, ive only ever done mechanical stuff this way)
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #7
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
I think GM should sell us a DIY book so we do not have to take our cars to the dealers anymore...

Hell regular Joes seem more know about these cars than the techs at the dealerships.
blizzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzpat View Post
I think GM should sell us a DIY book so we do not have to take our cars to the dealers anymore...

Hell regular Joes seem more know about these cars than the techs at the dealerships.
They do sell those books: shop manuals.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #9
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Im 21 and I get treated the same way, they dont respect me at all and dont return calls or call me to give me updates. I also wasnt taken seriously when I bought the car either, the salesmen never called me to give me updates on my factory order. I ended up calling a dealer in NJ that had the specs I wanted and they had it ready over the phone the next day.

They have been a little better to me though after they got to rebuild my motor. I guess its just our age man...
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #10
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
If you lived on Phoenix, that "service" would be normal for a Chevy dealer. I find that the Caddy dealer 300 feet from the Chevy one is more than happy to work on the Camaro, and they get the job done right, on time, no problems. Try your Caddy dealer.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
barnesql

Drives: 95' Z28, 2010 2ss RS
I had a similar situation with my Camaro, but I had to have my camshaft replaced. I felt I was getting the run around, but I was patient. After being told the camshaft was in, I stopped by 2 days in a row to just see the car on my way home from work. After seeing it in the back lot both days I decided to call up GM, and BAM the next day the car was ready!

My advice, contact GM if you think they are BS'ing you or are just not acting right. That is why they are there for you to call.

Magnaflow 3" Competition Series Catback
Off road x-pipe
Kooks LT Headers
barnesql is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #12
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragonVT View Post
Tell them to put the trunk back on, and take it to the dealer you bought it from. Do not pay this dealer a dime, they didn't do anything. Then, once your car is safely away from these morons, call GM and share your story.
^This.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #13
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
^This.
agreed
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #14
KJinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
If you lived on Phoenix, that "service" would be normal for a Chevy dealer. I find that the Caddy dealer 300 feet from the Chevy one is more than happy to work on the Camaro, and they get the job done right, on time, no problems. Try your Caddy dealer.
I feel like you're referring to Midway Chevrolet in this post. Worst. Dealer. Ever.
KJinni is offline   Reply With Quote