Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 06-12-2015, 06:03 PM   #29
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWRocket View Post
You're welcome to come with me Frank. I'm registered to show.
Thanks for the offer I appreciate it, but I have other plans for this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
You still have to wear your camaro jacket though.
Actually, I sold it.
The only thing that I still have of my Camaro, that I will always keep and is NOT FOR SALE, is my signed Litograph from Mike Judge & the BEST CANADIAN CAMARO ASSEMBLY TEAM EVER, and my personalized camping chair from Gary (Hiney1), I wonder if I can exchange it for a Corvette one?
Old 06-13-2015, 06:22 AM   #30
HINEY1
TRANS4MR

Drives: Camaro's & Corvette's

Like this ....

Attached Images

Old 06-13-2015, 07:17 AM   #31
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HINEY1 View Post

Like this ....

Old 06-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #32
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
So I didn't make it to the show
Yesterday morning I started driving and kept hearing a bang from the clutch at slow speed. I also started smelling a burnt oil smell.
I stopped at Frost Chev in Brampton and it turns out the oil cooler is leaking severely, bad enough that I couldn't drive the car. They ordered new parts but the car had to stay :(
The clutch noise, it turns out, is a common thing in our cars and they call it normal. I call it bad engineering but they refuse to do anything about it since many 5th gen Camaros have it. If I can't get GM to fix it, I will put the car for sale. I can't drive with noise like that, it would drive nuts.

For whomever is going to the show, please upload pics.
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:39 AM   #33
Cj's Camaro

Drives: 2012 CAMARO 2SS TRANSFORMER ED
Sorry to hear SWRocket. Is anyone going sunday? from GTA area?
Cj's Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:30 PM   #34
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Quote:
Yesterday morning I started driving and kept hearing a bang from the clutch at slow speed. I also started smelling a burnt oil smell.
I stopped at Frost Chev in Brampton and it turns out the oil cooler is leaking severely, bad enough that I couldn't drive the car. They ordered new parts but the car had to stay :(
The clutch noise, it turns out, is a common thing in our cars and they call it normal. I call it bad engineering but they refuse to do anything about it since many 5th gen Camaros have it. If I can't get GM to fix it, I will put the car for sale. I can't drive with noise like that, it would drive nuts.

Sounds like a warranty repair to me.
I still get an odour of oil every once in a while.....hmmmm is this an LS7 thing only ??
Might have to look into this too.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:32 PM   #35
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Going to head to the Queensway Cruise tonight, might be some Camaros from Oakville stopping by ???
http://www.streetclassics.ca/
Old 06-13-2015, 01:07 PM   #36
SQUALO

Quote:

Sounds like this oil cooler issues hasn't been addresed properly over the years, I had the same issue in my 2010 SS, thankfully it was fixed under powertrain warranty.

Andrew, don't stand for any crap, regardless what you want to do with the vehicle after the fact, and demand they fix both issues.
If they refuse, call GM Canada's cust. service line and file a complaint with them. It was them that directed me to get the oil cooler fixed, and it would be covered under the powertrain warranty.

These type of stories really get my blood boiling, and sometimes I wish GM had gone belly up in 2008/09.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:13 PM   #37
SWRocket

You're right Frank. They are fixing the oil cooler under warranty, it's the clutch issue that they're saying is "normal." I will call GM directly and ry to get them to at least try some things, like replacing the throw-out bearing, and not just say it's normal.
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
Old 06-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #38
Xp0gam3r

Drives: '15 2SS 1LE; '10 2LT RS
Quote:
You're right Frank. They are fixing the oil cooler under warranty, it's the clutch issue that they're saying is "normal." I will call GM directly and ry to get them to at least try some things, like replacing the throw-out bearing, and not just say it's normal.
Let me know how that goes Andrew! Because if they can do something about it then I'd want to do it too. It doesn't really drive me nuts but when it happens o hate it...
Xp0gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #39
SWRocket

I will Adam. My neighbour, who owns an Active Green&Ross drove the car before I took it to the dealer and he feels it is the throw-out bearing. He also agrees that the sounds coming from that clutch are NOT normal.
Audio System Build Log
Old 06-13-2015, 08:59 PM   #40
Mike14bumblebee

Drives: 2014 yellow 2SS/RS
I went to the show today around 1. Thought it was a good turn out. Didn't stay for the cruise and I wish I had.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:16 PM   #41
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Quote:
I will Adam. My neighbour, who owns an Active Green&Ross drove the car before I took it to the dealer and he feels it is the throw-out bearing. He also agrees that the sounds coming from that clutch are NOT normal.
Have you ever driven another M6 5th gen? Did it make the same sound or is this something thats only on your car?

I can make my clutch make "noise" to like clunking almost like in a parking lot in 1st gear at low speed if you put a little load on the car and with load still applied if you step on the clutch it'll make a clunky/springy sort of sound. This is "normal" because of drive train lash. It sucks but it is what it is.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:16 AM   #42
SWRocket

I have not driven another M6 no, but have driven a Chevy Cruze manual, a BMW, an Audi, a VW and a Honda and, while I understand about the drivetrain lash, none of those cars ever had that. Also, this happens just accelerating from a stop sign when I press the clutch to shift into second and even later into third if I'm going slow.
I love the 3rd gen in your avatar! my favourite Camaro.
Audio System Build Log