Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #15
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen5dewy View Post
Bingo! It's just to charge you more
It's not only that, they don't even guarantee that the dent would be completely removed in those so-called "difficult" areas.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #16
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
If it's such an easy fix, why do PDR techs always make it seem like it's a difficult or impossible area to work on?
No dent is the same, way to many variables like size, depth, if it's more to the front of door or edge or door, etc.. so can't speak for PDR Techs in general, OP dent judging by his pic, is a easy fix to me!
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:06 PM   #17
Texas_RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen5dewy View Post
Bingo! It's just to charge you more
Not really. It's a bodyline dent, so you have to create that bodyline again without cracking the paint, breaking the window, etc all while using your skills to provide great service. Bodyline Dents are more difficult then if it wasn't on the bodyline.. I'm just speaking on OP dent in his pics. No dents are the same. He got lucky, shouldn't be hard for a skilled pdr tech to get out.
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:29 PM   #18
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
The problem is parking spaces are just too damned small. If parking spaces where properly sized for vehicles you shouldn't be able to touch the vehicle next to you when you open your door - when you open the door to your house can it bang the neighbors house? And it's BS that someone goes out of their way to park next to a vehicle that's parked far out in the back all by itself with plenty of empty spaces. I can't believe people can have no respect for other peoples property and their own. Man it just blows my mind how people can just not give a damned about the 2nd most expensive thing that they'll buy during their lifetime. I would make insurance pay for it based on principle that you didn't ding your own car and that you went out of your way to stay away from these types of people by parking far away in a low traffic area of the parking lot and some A-Hole just had to come park next to you and cause damage to your vehicle!
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:04 AM   #19
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
I don't think it's serious enough to claim on insurance or you're wife's coworkers insurance. Not really worth the hassle and potential stress/ tension at her workplace.. accidents happen man. That's about 5 minutes pdr repair at about $80-$125.
Accountability. This society lacks it. Sure I can afford to have it repaired myself. I dont want to. I want the person responsible for the damage, no matter how serious, to own it. As would I.

Well, the dingus denied responsibility to the claims rep. Unfortunately for him he apologized and implicated himself while in front of security who was later called by the claims rep. The insurance company has found him at fault and will pay for the repairs.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:43 AM   #20
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Accountability. This society lacks it. Sure I can afford to have it repaired myself. I dont want to. I want the person responsible for the damage, no matter how serious, to own it. As would I.

Well, the dingus denied responsibility to the claims rep. Unfortunately for him he apologized and implicated himself while in front of security who was later called by the claims rep. The insurance company has found him at fault and will pay for the repairs.
Congrats on sticking with this and getting the scoundrel rightfully declared at fault. Checking credentials for repair is a chore. Hopefully your Camaro will never be within a mile of that character again --- did your wife volunteer to never drive it to work again in case he is stalking the car ;-)
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:58 AM   #21
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
did your wife volunteer to never drive it to work again in case he is stalking the car ;-)
Hahaha, she did say something like that.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #22
Junior

Check out the rental my body shop gave me (PDR was not an option as the paint actually did have a chip)

Immediately not a fan. Ecoboost. Too small inside. Everything felt cheap (yes, the fit and finish felt even cheaper than our beloved). Serious lag. Did I say it was too small?
Old 10-03-2017, 05:55 PM   #23
Tom And Cheryl

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible, ThumperII
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
After the repair these would help if you ever are in a situation where it is possible someone may park adjacent.
Homemade from leftover PVC plumbing pipe, door handle hook is padded; takes 10 seconds to install on each side.
Going on 5 years and no dings. Car not stolen either, don't think they know how to get the door open ;-)
Were all in on this I got hit by a truck and a Bumble Bee (Bee Sting) at a car show right on the crease on the drivers side. Going to see the PDR guy next week to see if they can fix
Tom And Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:35 PM   #24
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
Another Door Ding Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
I don't think it's serious enough to claim on insurance or you're wife's coworkers insurance. Not really worth the hassle and potential stress/ tension at her workplace.. accidents happen man. That's about 5 minutes pdr repair at about $80-$125.

I agree

Find a good paintless dent repair place in town, pay a couple bucks and get it fixed and be done with it

If their insurance pays for it good for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:44 PM   #25
gringo
Account Suspended

Is it too late to pull it out of the body shop?

A good PDR tech should be able to remove that dent and then you can have the paint chip filled in. If they respray the whole door, you will lose the integrity of the factory paint and the color might not match that good.

Also, any further dents on that door will be even riskier now to remove because it will have been repainted.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:07 PM   #26
Texas_RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Check out the rental my body shop gave me (PDR was not an option as the paint actually did have a chip)

Immediately not a fan. Ecoboost. Too small inside. Everything felt cheap (yes, the fit and finish felt even cheaper than our beloved). Serious lag. Did I say it was too small?
Of course the Bodyshop will tell you PDR is not a option, they get paid more to paint a panel then they would with simple pdr repair and a touch up and insurance is paying for it so of course they are going to want to paint it! You seem like you are super picky about the car(not a bad thing) from your original post, I wouldn't have thought you would actually repaint a panel and risk loosing resale value over that small of a door ding! End of day as long as you're happy with the outcome and everything worked out for you.

Last edited by Texas_RS; 10-03-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:40 PM   #27
Junior

Got the Camaro back yesterday and it looks great. Ding is gone and the paint looks perfect. Believe me I went over it before leaving. No overspray (which was surprising), the color matches perfect, even the fleck is spot on. Didn't have any doubts about this body shop tho, they are very good at what they do.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:53 PM   #28
gringo
Account Suspended

Any pics?