Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
Denis


 
Denis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY
Posts: 7,706
New personal best.

Well the far is finally running where it should be. After some data logging and a tune update my times went from a 13.1 to a 12.3. No shit that was the only change. Ted is the man.

ADM intake, TSP long tubes, no cats, Corsa cat back, Nitto 555r, JRE tune.








__________________

Last edited by Denis; 10-26-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,939
What was the air when you ran a 13.? That DA is responsible for most of that improvement.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
Denis


 
Denis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY
Posts: 7,706
Honestly I don't remember. It wasn't nearly as good as it was last night though.
__________________
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
Pro Stock John
Writer
 
Pro Stock John's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,057
Congrats, I ran similarly with the same mods (12.37@112).
__________________
PROJECT HEAVY CHEVY
Camaro Now: Mods for the Masses Part I | Part II
13.15@106 1.95 | 100% Stock
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Honestly I don't remember. It wasn't nearly as good as it was last night though.
That magical da would blow your mind if you knew how much it did.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
Denis


 
Denis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY
Posts: 7,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Congrats, I ran similarly with the same mods (12.37@112).
Thanks. I'd like to think a stall would put it in the 11's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
That magical da would blow your mind if you knew how much it did.
Oh I know DA has a lot to do with it. But if I remember it wasn't horrible last time. I remember it being really humid though. I just find it hard to believe that it would knock off .7 seconds.
__________________
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #7
Denis


 
Denis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY
Posts: 7,706
Just found my old thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316103

Apparently the DA was 1643 that night.
__________________
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #8
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Just found my old thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316103

Apparently the DA was 1643 that night.
2800+ swing in DA... Well, that's pretty much most of your gain. No way downplaying that time, they car ran what it ran. Excellent job.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 111,204
Congrats on the awesome time, Jannetty tuned
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
Pro Stock John
Writer
 
Pro Stock John's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Thanks. I'd like to think a stall would put it in the 11's?
With a decent track conditions yeah. I got close (12.13) but had to roll into the gas like I was on the street track was so crappy.
__________________
PROJECT HEAVY CHEVY
Camaro Now: Mods for the Masses Part I | Part II
13.15@106 1.95 | 100% Stock
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
Juice2SS

 
Drives: 2011 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 931
I wish I could hit that DA! lol Great run!
Juice2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
Camarojt

 
Camarojt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Allen, Tx
Posts: 2,199
Way to go Dennis! Great job! Man that is some awesome DA! Probably only 2/3's of your gain. Put a converter in that thang and come join the 11sec crew. I said it once ill say it again, this year we will see more 11 sec bolt on only cars and they are running ADM Race CAI's with Scoop! Just had another one last night and should see 2 more my next spring.
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #13
Denis


 
Denis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY
Posts: 7,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
2800+ swing in DA... Well, that's pretty much most of your gain. No way downplaying that time, they car ran what it ran. Excellent job.
Yea I hear ya. That is a serious swing. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Congrats on the awesome time, Jannetty tuned
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
With a decent track conditions yeah. I got close (12.13) but had to roll into the gas like I was on the street track was so crappy.
12.1 would be killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice2SS View Post
I wish I could hit that DA! lol Great run!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojt View Post
Way to go Dennis! Great job! Man that is some awesome DA! Probably only 2/3's of your gain. Put a converter in that thang and come join the 11sec crew. I said it once ill say it again, this year we will see more 11 sec bolt on only cars and they are running ADM Race CAI's with Scoop! Just had another one last night and should see 2 more my next spring.
Yea a converter may come sooner than I was expecting haha
__________________
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #14
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 4,174
Just put that Nitto on your TSW that is lighter and watch what happens.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.