Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Diamond simulants

My wife wants a new ring for our 10 year wedding anniversary but I just dumped my savings onto my Camaro DP. Plus I cant stand the idea of spending a couple grand on a rock. A friend of mine is ranting on how great man-made diamonds are. Apparently they look so real, they can even trick jewelers with the naked eye.

Any input on them? IMO if it looks real and holds up to the test of time, its good enough for me. Plus I could save 2-5k, that I could spend on a 2nd honeymoon.

http://www.diamondnexuslabs.com/

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
JKLNHYD
Defending the Nation...

Drives: '16 Summit White 2SS, A8, Sunroof
What you're talking about is called Moissanite. About to get one for my wife...

'16 2SS, A8, Sunroof, non-NPP
"SURSUM AB ORDINE"
JKLNHYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
^ This

But hey, if she knows about and approves of what you went through for the Camaro; do you think she'd really mind? Last I checked if a chick cared more about the diamond than you she should be shown the door asap.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLNHYD View Post
What you're talking about is called Moissanite. About to get one for my wife...
JKLNHYD, what Diamon Nexus Lab makes is NOT Moissanite....which is inferior to their products.....what Nexus Labs makes is so incredibly close to natural diamonds.....its is nearly impossible for even an experianced jeweler to see. I happen to have a good friend who happens to be a high end jeweler....he told me HE would buy their jewelery.

here is the difference......http://www.diamondnexuslabs.com/compare_to_cz.php

Campare a REAL Diamond.....to a Diamond Nexus Lab diamond.... http://www.diamondnexuslabs.com/chart_comparison.php

and this is how DNL's are created... http://www.diamondnexuslabs.com/science1.php

Hemlawk, I did a LOT of research a while back on this very subject....

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 03-08-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #5
66olds442
Born Olds, Living Chevy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS: VR A6
Only thing she can complain about is that you didn't spend more money on her. Which at that point if she does, theres the door. Man made diamonds are diamonds, not fake diamonds.

DO IT!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)

Thanks for the input. Sir Nuke, I assume noone questions the diamonds y'all have?
I'm lookin at a total of a 3 ring(2ct center, .5ct on the sides) for $1100. That's wild!

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
RollTideMom

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro RS
I used to work in a jewelery store and I think these rings are pretty. If they are set in real gold and they stand up just like a diamond well that is fine with me. I ordered a catalog so my husband can check it out. They already have man made ruby, sapphire, emerald.. why not diamonds.. Great prices too. I want one!!
RollTideMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideMom View Post
I used to work in a jewelery store and I think these rings are pretty. If they are set in real gold and they stand up just like a diamond well that is fine with me. I ordered a catalog so my husband can check it out. They already have man made ruby, sapphire, emerald.. why not diamonds.. Great prices too. I want one!!
All of Diamond Nexus Labs jewelery is set in 14 kt gold....unless you opt for Platinum. They have a few thing that you get set in Sterling Silver if you want.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #9
JKLNHYD
Defending the Nation...

Drives: '16 Summit White 2SS, A8, Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
JKLNHYD, what Diamon Nexus Lab makes is NOT Moissanite....which is inferior to their products.....what Nexus Labs makes is so incredibly close to natural diamonds.....its is nearly impossible for even an experianced jeweler to see. I happen to have a good friend who happens to be a high end jeweler....he told me HE would buy their jewelery.

here is the difference......http://www.diamondnexuslabs.com/compare_to_cz.php

Campare a REAL Diamond.....to a Diamond Nexus Lab diamond.... http://www.diamondnexuslabs.com/chart_comparison.php

and this is how DNL's are created... http://www.diamondnexuslabs.com/science1.php

Hemlawk, I did a LOT of research a while back on this very subject....I have used Diamond Nexus Labs, and highly recommend them.

on top of that.....when its shipped to you, the presentation box it comes in doesn't have their name on it, so she would never know its not real....unless you told her different.

I just realized there was a link to the Nexus diamonds. My bad...

But the moissanite is another option...for even less...I'm looking at this option because my wife wants a very nice ($$$$) setting and we can't get the new rock at the same time. we'll put amoissinaite stonen it and rplace it with a real rock in the future...

'16 2SS, A8, Sunroof, non-NPP
"SURSUM AB ORDINE"
JKLNHYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #10
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
..just make sure your wife is not reading this thread..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #11
PB3

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS/GFX/M6
That's pretty neat! I never knew these things existed.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #12
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6

Of course you won't mind when she puts 87 octane in the SS so she can spend the extra on a starbucks, will you?
Then, to save you even more time and money, she'll run it through the "Scrub n Rub" car wash because it was waaaaay cheaper and faster than the hand wash.

Yeah - uh... I hope she doesn't read this either. It's not whether it's a fake rock or a real rock, it's that you're trying to cut corners on her instead of the Camaro.
Good luck with that, my friend!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #13
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Another thought: You might just try showing her some pictures of what you can get her in a real diamond vs what you can get her in the imitation. If she approves, hell, it's a good thing. She might prefer the big ol' gawdy imitations over the smaller but real diamonds. (sorta like men when it comes to ta-ta's)
again, good luck!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #14
the upcoming

Drives: 10'2SS/RS,94'toyoda,02'vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post

Of course you won't mind when she puts 87 octane in the SS so she can spend the extra on a starbucks, will you?
Then, to save you even more time and money, she'll run it through the "Scrub n Rub" car wash because it was waaaaay cheaper and faster than the hand wash.

Yeah - uh... I hope she doesn't read this either. It's not whether it's a fake rock or a real rock, it's that you're trying to cut corners on her instead of the Camaro.
Good luck with that, my friend!
Or that it's redicilus to spend 1100$ on something that's less than 14 grams
the upcoming is offline   Reply With Quote