Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-21-2021, 09:03 AM   #1
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Need a little help

Hey guys. So it seems when I'm into the throttle my traction control is activating even though I'm turning off the nannies. Ted Jannetty is tuning the car remotely. I just brought this to his attention so I'm waiting for his response. I hold the button down for roughly 10 sec and both lights illuminate on the dash. A good bit of the time the traction control is still activating. Now I have after market wheels and do not have tpms sesnors in them. When I start the car, the warning light for them comes on. Sometimes its flashing. Could this be causing the traction control to not disable and if so, is there a way around this short of having sensors installed? Thanks for any help. I'm tuning with Hp tuners
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:44 AM   #2
Lsxanarchy

Drives: 11 2ss 02 ws6
No thats not it I have z28 wheels on my car and my tmps sensors are bad they are always on. And I can turn my traction control off and it stays off. Pull the fuse for it the. It won't come on
Lsxanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:05 AM   #3
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsxanarchy View Post
No thats not it I have z28 wheels on my car and my tmps sensors are bad they are always on. And I can turn my traction control off and it stays off. Pull the fuse for it the. It won't come on
Then I must have an issue. My data logs are showing traction control is turning on even though I have both dash lights on showing its disabled. It is for sure going off though. I jump on it, car immediately pulls timing, slows down and up shifts any time traction starts to give
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
Old 07-21-2021, 11:39 AM   #4
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Traction control will still activate if wheel hop is occurring. I have the same issue, but if I'm getting wheel hop I need to get out of the throttle anyway. I notice it kicks in more from a stop. There is a way to shut it down completely in the tune there is a thread in the forums about it somewhere. You can also pull the ABS fuse that will kill it all but your abs stabiltrac all those lights will come on. I don't believe it will go into limp mode though, but I haven't tried it.
If you aren't getting wheel hop then I am not sure. May have to be addressed in the tune, I'm sure Ted can get it sorted.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 02:43 PM   #5
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
Traction control will still activate if wheel hop is occurring. I have the same issue, but if I'm getting wheel hop I need to get out of the throttle anyway. I notice it kicks in more from a stop. There is a way to shut it down completely in the tune there is a thread in the forums about it somewhere. You can also pull the ABS fuse that will kill it all but your abs stabiltrac all those lights will come on. I don't believe it will go into limp mode though, but I haven't tried it.
If you aren't getting wheel hop then I am not sure. May have to be addressed in the tune, I'm sure Ted can get it sorted.
No wheel hop at all. Wondering if its as simple as adding tpms back into the wheels
Old 07-21-2021, 04:55 PM   #6
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
It's automatically coming on to keep you from going full Mustang and throwing that puppy in the ditch!

It knows!
ADVMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:00 PM   #7
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
Lol!

You can pull fuses 40/43 -or- Ted can defeat it in the tune.
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:54 PM   #8
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Your TPMS sensors have absolutely NOTHING to do with your traction control. So get that out of your head right now.
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:58 PM   #9
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Some of your traction control is in the restraint control module, as it has the yaw, pitch and roll sensor in it. HP tuners cannot access that module. Variations in wheel diameter, if not calibrated from stock values, can trigger ABS and traction control events as well.
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:00 PM   #10
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVMax View Post
It's automatically coming on to keep you from going full Mustang and throwing that puppy in the ditch!

It knows!
Lol!!
Old 07-21-2021, 08:53 PM   #11
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8One2 View Post
Your TPMS sensors have absolutely NOTHING to do with your traction control. So get that out of your head right now.
Jannetty has stated otherwise. Im going to have to have sensors installed
Old 07-21-2021, 09:08 PM   #12
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
There is definitely a section of the tune where you can make TC changes. But you hold the button down 10 seconds. Does it do it if you hit the button twice quickly? It gives you the same competitive mode just easier to do. Just a hunch I have. You got the suspension mods to avoid wheel hop so I doubt it's that.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:22 PM   #13
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
True- holding the button defeats stabilitrac, but not traction control. Two different items.
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:52 AM   #14
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
There is definitely a section of the tune where you can make TC changes. But you hold the button down 10 seconds. Does it do it if you hit the button twice quickly? It gives you the same competitive mode just easier to do. Just a hunch I have. You got the suspension mods to avoid wheel hop so I doubt it's that.
Havent tried to hit the button twice. Always just held it down. I'll have to try it.