Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-16-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
Parts Peddler

Drives: 2014 1LT/RS
Sudden problem out of nowhere

So last night I was slowing for a stop light. At about 3 mph I felt a quick vibration in the brake pedal for about a second. A few seconds later, the DIC lit up with service stabilitrak. The ABS light was on, as was the traction control light and the Traction Control System (TCS) OFF/StabiliTrak® OFF Light. The rest of the drive home felt normal.

This morning, I went to investigate. The car was dead. Not even enough battery power to open the trunk. Since I've read on many of the posts on this site that a failing battery can cause all this, I chose to replace the battery. I replaced it with a new Delco AGM.

After replacement, new problems. The car will start, but when the key is turned back to acc or off, the horn blows and won't stop. All the dash light are still on. In addition, I now have a cel. I read the code and there are 2.

P025A Fuel Pump Module Control Circuit/Open

P069E Fuel Pump Control Module Requested MIL Illumination

Also neither of the remotes will work.

I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Parts Peddler; 02-16-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Parts Peddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:52 PM   #2
Vec
Tejas Hillbilly

Drives: 15 SS 2SS/RS LS3M6
did you google the codes yet..?
Old 02-16-2019, 06:56 PM   #3
Parts Peddler

Well, if anyone cares, I disconnected the battery and let the car sit overnight. This morning, I reconnected the battery, and it started right up. DIC said to index the windows, which I did. DIC still said Service Stabilitrak. The ABS light was still on, as were the traction control lights. The CEL was off.

aI decided to take the car for a drive to see if it would reset anything. To my amazement, all lights went off before I got to the end of my street, less than 200 yards. I continued driving for about a 5 mile round trip. Upon returning home, everything was still normal. Even the remotes worked properly again.

Since I didn't check the battery voltage the night the lights went on, I can only assume that the battery was failing and it was a low voltage situation that sent the computer haywire. Replacing battery alone wasn't enough to reset. I had to drive it to reset the computer.

I'll keep a close eye on it for the next several days. If anything new happens, I'll add to this thread.

Last edited by Parts Peddler; 02-17-2019 at 04:32 PM. Reason: new info
Old 02-17-2019, 11:30 PM   #4
Parts Peddler

Old 02-18-2019, 04:40 AM   #5
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
the brake pedal shudder and abs lt indicate a fault in the abs system, which activated the abs. the tcs lt and message were on because that system is tied in with the abs system. the dead battery may have been the root cause, time will tell. low voltage was more than likely the cause for the alarm and fpcm dtcs. low voltage can drive every system crazy.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
HyperV117

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Have you changed anything recently on the car?
Old 02-18-2019, 11:21 AM   #7
Parts Peddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperV117 View Post
Have you changed anything recently on the car?
Nothing at all. It's my daily driver. It was running and acting normally up until Friday night. Has been running and acting normally since Sunday morning, after reconnecting the new battery.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #8
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Good to know. I'm still on my original battery going on 6 1/2 years now.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:13 AM   #9
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parts Peddler View Post
Well, if anyone cares, I disconnected the battery and let the car sit overnight. This morning, I reconnected the battery, and it started right up. DIC said to index the windows, which I did. DIC still said Service Stabilitrak. The ABS light was still on, as were the traction control lights. The CEL was off.

aI decided to take the car for a drive to see if it would reset anything. To my amazement, all lights went off before I got to the end of my street, less than 200 yards. I continued driving for about a 5 mile round trip. Upon returning home, everything was still normal. Even the remotes worked properly again.

Since I didn't check the battery voltage the night the lights went on, I can only assume that the battery was failing and it was a low voltage situation that sent the computer haywire. Replacing battery alone wasn't enough to reset. I had to drive it to reset the computer.

I'll keep a close eye on it for the next several days. If anything new happens, I'll add to this thread.
Thank you for the update. I do care that you spent the time to report back to us when you found the problem. There's not enough of that going around. People tend to post about their problem, get good advice from other members, fix the issue, then never update the thread. It leaves a useless thread that others will have to waste time to read if they are facing a similar issue and looking for answers using the search function. Thanks again for updating the thread.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #10
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
Thank you for the update. I do care that you spent the time to report back to us when you found the problem. There's not enough of that going around. People tend to post about their problem, get good advice from other members, fix the issue, then never update the thread. It leaves a useless thread that others will have to waste time to read if they are facing a similar issue and looking for answers using the search function. Thanks again for updating the thread.
+1
Old 03-05-2019, 01:10 PM   #11
ZZZTOPZZZ

Drives: 2013 L99 2SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parts Peddler View Post
Nothing at all. It's my daily driver. It was running and acting normally up until Friday night. Has been running and acting normally since Sunday morning, after reconnecting the new battery.

When my Camaro was new I had a similar problem. Turned out that one of the battery cable connections wouldn't tighten down properly. With that being said, I would check both ends of both cables (pos & neg). Maybe something is loose or a cable is just bad.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #12
Parts Peddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZTOPZZZ View Post
When my Camaro was new I had a similar problem. Turned out that one of the battery cable connections wouldn't tighten down properly. With that being said, I would check both ends of both cables (pos & neg). Maybe something is loose or a cable is just bad.
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked both cables. All good. It's been fine ever since I reconnected the new battery the next day.

Tags
battery horn key