Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 06:47 AM   #29
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
OP

1) as pointed out by numerous members......IT IS POSSIBLE TO ACHEIVE THOSE SPEEDS IN A COMPLETELY STOCK SS.

2) YOU WANT HELP.....LAWYER UP

3) YOU WERE THE ONE DRIVING THE CAR...YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF.....SLOW DOWN!!!!

AND USE THE FLUX CAPACITOR TO GO BACK IN TIME PRIOR TO SAID EVENT!!

Old 06-30-2015, 06:48 AM   #30
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
You're doing all this for a 7 over ticket?

Really?
Old 06-30-2015, 07:04 AM   #31
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
You're doing all this for a 7 over ticket?

Really?
Actually, the OP said in his original post that the officer "paced me at excess of 75 in a 65", but I don't see anywhere where he said what the ticket was actually written for, so do we really know?

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
Old 06-30-2015, 07:15 AM   #32
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
If coming out of a curve you must consider the thrust vector and the lateral acceleration along with the reduced drag, this would most likely cause deceleration along the X, Y, and Z axis. If we new the coefficient of friction for road surface we could calculate the effect of the thrust vector. Let's assume it's blacktop and from the PHMSA DOT website the coefficient of friction for blacktop is 0.00274, using this number and plugin it into the correct formula we could calculate the proper thrust vector.
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Old 06-30-2015, 07:43 AM   #33
1973Stingray

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ǝɔᴉlod View Post
Some of you may have read my pull over thread. I need your help...Is it possible for a stock 1SS Camaro to go from 7 to 80MPH in 0.15 miles. I know they average in the low 100s in the quarter mile but that is longer than 0.15 miles. If so, any official way to prove it?
You need to stop speeding and seek advice of an attorney!
Old 06-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #34
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Why do people always come here wanting to know how to get out of a ticket? Don't break the law and then you don't have a problem period. Stop coming here and crying.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:43 AM   #35
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
This has the potential of being my favorite thread of all time. Please keep it going.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:00 AM   #36
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Upside-down police, you are losing. So far you haven't provided one shred of physical evidence to back up your claim that you weren't doing what the officer said you were doing.

Anecdotal evidence proves nothing and is pretty much worthless. You need physical evidence, such as the OnStar information to back up YOUR claim. Without it, guess who they'll believe.

The car CAN and WILL do 80+ in 0.15 mph. It is capable, even on some curvy roads. If you were in a Prius, I could see your argument, but you're not. As much as you'd like to believe the car isn't capable of going as fast as they said you could in 0.15 miles, you would be wrong.

Best advice is- slow it down to make sure you won't get in the same pickle again. Maybe get a dash cam with GPS, date/time and mph capture. Doesn't mean the judge will accept it, but your video would be a piece of physical evidence to prove/disprove what you are accused of doing.

If you want help, you are looking in the wrong place. As others have stated- get a traffic lawyer!!! Go to a pro if you really want to beat it. You won't get a Perry Mason honorary degree overnight by hanging out here.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 06-30-2015, 09:10 AM   #37
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
.....If two trains left the East coast, heading west.......... damn, people....
Old 06-30-2015, 09:22 AM   #38
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Do we know the exact octane gas being used? How about the dew point and barometric pressure?

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Old 06-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #39
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Upside-down police, you are losing. So far you haven't provided one shred of physical evidence to back up your claim that you weren't doing what the officer said you were doing.

Anecdotal evidence proves nothing and is pretty much worthless. You need physical evidence, such as the OnStar information to back up YOUR claim. Without it, guess who they'll believe.

The car CAN and WILL do 80+ in 0.15 mph. It is capable, even on some curvy roads. If you were in a Prius, I could see your argument, but you're not. As much as you'd like to believe the car isn't capable of going as fast as they said you could in 0.15 miles, you would be wrong.

Best advice is- slow it down to make sure you won't get in the same pickle again. Maybe get a dash cam with GPS, date/time and mph capture. Doesn't mean the judge will accept it, but your video would be a piece of physical evidence to prove/disprove what you are accused of doing.

If you want help, you are looking in the wrong place. As others have stated- get a traffic lawyer!!! Go to a pro if you really want to beat it. You won't get a Perry Mason honorary degree overnight by hanging out here.
"Upside-down police" You missed one... You forgot backwards.... "ǝɔᴉlod"

As far as the evidence, you notice he did not say what the officer ticketed him with as far as the speed? He said he paced him at "excess of 75 in a 65" but never said what the ticket was written for.
My advice? Please not guilty, go to court and plead guilty to the little stuff and see if they can reduce the speeding to a traffic infraction with a fine, and be done with it.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
Old 06-30-2015, 09:27 AM   #40
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman1969 View Post
Do we know the exact octane gas being used? How about the dew point and barometric pressure?
Wind direction.. was he passing gas at the same time? That could add to rear boost.....

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

Old 06-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #41
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ǝɔᴉlod View Post
because the only way for the cop's story to be true is if I floored it and reached 80 in a 65. BTW my record has one ticket for going 7 over. Why would I just out of nowhere decide to floor my car that much over the limit?

Dude! get over it! man up and get a lawyer or go in and let your great record speak for you. You make it sound as if you would have to be actually racing to do this. It doesn't take much before these cars are "cruising" at 80+ so don't act like you would have to go out of your way to achieve this.

Very entertaining thread at best!

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #42
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
You gotta pay to play. Pay the ticket and move on.
They'll eat you alive in court with all the proposed theories. Are you denying you were speeding *at all*?
Saying that he didn't write you for other infractions is irrelevant, by the way.

Closed Thread