Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #15
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I hope u don't come back next month and we say "told you so." Best of luck with him.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:08 PM   #16
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
I hope u don't come back next month and we say "told you so." Best of luck with him.
I hope not either and thanks!
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:09 PM   #17
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
Well, like they say FaceBook Prayers Sent !!!!
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:17 PM   #18
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Just for more info, I sent mine in because they would fog up during heavy rain. After getting them back they would fog up every morning, every car wash, every drizzle. Resealed them myself and then LEDs go out. Pieces of crap
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:18 PM   #19
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Just for more info, I sent mine in because they would fog up during heavy rain. After getting them back they would fog up every morning, every car wash, every drizzle. Resealed them myself and then LEDs go out. Pieces of crap
Wow, that really sucks. Were they an early version? I am really hoping the new versions are better quality and last longer. Ill know soon, get them this week.

More to come.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:54 PM   #20
Redrocker1958
Obsessive camaro disorder

Drives: **2010 2ss/rs**
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
They were, and are, and always will be junk. Stay far away
several ppl here have had them set up for years and they claim still working just fine
even the 2nd ver,,i also have heard several had issues,,mine will be in tomorrow and i will have them installed over the weekend,,,i hope they are worth the effort and hype
Old 01-31-2017, 08:31 PM   #21
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Their awesome when their working! Def a head turner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrocker1958 View Post
several ppl here have had them set up for years and they claim still working just fine
even the 2nd ver,,i also have heard several had issues,,mine will be in tomorrow and i will have them installed over the weekend,,,i hope they are worth the effort and hype
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:24 PM   #22
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
FYI ...also be aware of how they can go into show-mode due to the power drain they cause when the car isn't run for a while ...some have experienced this in a little as 5-7 days.

February 5, 2013
To: All Technostalgia Dealers
Re: Long Term Storage of Gen 5 Camaros with Technostalgia Part 6700x or 6701x

Per our installation instructions, Technostalgia Part 6700x or 6701x
requires a direct connection to the car’s positive battery terminal. This direct battery connection allows for the “show” mode to operate while the car is not running. However, this connection also draws a constant electrical current of approximately .090 amperes from the battery. If the car is driven once a week, the car battery can maintain enough reserve to start the car without problem. However, 90 milliamps will drain a car battery over a longer period of time. This can be exacerbated by other aftermarket equipment
that require a direct battery connection, particularly, powered stereo amplifiers.

Customers may notice, after storing their cars for a period of time, that the show mode may be “on” even though the purple wire is disconnected from ground. The show mode will engage when the car battery voltage drops below about 9 volts. Note that the show mode is an indicator of a low battery, not the cause as may be suspected

For long term vehicle storage, employ at least one these methods:
1. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
2. Use a trickle battery charger.
3. Disconnect the “pink” wire that goes from the Technostalgia lights to the
positive battery terminal.
4. Connect the “pink” wire from the Technostalgia lights to a wire in the car
that has constant voltage only when the ignition is “on.” Note that with
this method, the “show” mode will only work when the key is in the “on”
or “acc” position.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:44 PM   #23
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Why just not hook up the show mode? I myself do not care about that mode. I like them for the stoplights and turn signals.

But thank you for the heads up!!

Edit: After rereading I see you can just leave the pink wire disconnected.

More to come.

Last edited by Black_SS10; 01-31-2017 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:10 AM   #24
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_SS10 View Post
Why just not hook up the show mode? I myself do not care about that mode. I like them for the stoplights and turn signals.

But thank you for the heads up!!

Edit: After rereading I see you can just leave the pink wire disconnected.
Just to be clear ... the pink wire is what provides power to the lights and is required for normal operation of the lights.

Disconnecting the pink wire is only an option when the car is not going to be used for a while or for long term vehicle storage.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:17 AM   #25
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Just to be clear ... the pink wire is what provides power to the lights and is required for normal operation of the lights.

Disconnecting the pink wire is only an option when the car is not going to be used for a while or for long term vehicle storage.
OK. Then just hook it up to a 12v source when the ignition is on. Says that in the bulletin you posted. Problem solved.

Now where to hook up the pink wire? The tail lights already have a power source that is off the ignition correct?

More to come.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:26 PM   #26
camguynj

Quote:
OK. Then just hook it up to a 12v source when the ignition is on. Says that in the bulletin you posted. Problem solved.

Now where to hook up the pink wire? The tail lights already have a power source that is off the ignition correct?
Stock lights only have one connection per light which provides both switchable power from ignition (to operate turn signals) and constant power to operate brake & flashers with no ignition required.

Technostalgia have two connections per lamp for both switchable & constant power. The pink wire has to be connected to a constant 12v source or the technostalgia lights won't function . A switchable (ie.ignition based power source) is not an option.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:32 PM   #27
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Stock lights only have one connection per light which provides both switchable power from ignition (to operate turn signals) and constant power to operate brake & flashers with no ignition required.

Technostalgia have two connections per lamp for both switchable & constant power. The pink wire has to be connected to a constant 12v source or the technostalgia lights won't function . A switchable (ie.ignition based power source) is not an option.
Good too know, thanks!

But according to the bulletin you posted, you could connect the pink wire to a 12v source that the ignition controls. Would there be such a source in the truck area?

or “acc” position.

More to come.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:38 AM   #28
camguynj

Quote:
Good too know, thanks!

But according to the bulletin you posted, you could connect the pink wire to a 12v source that the ignition controls. Would there be such a source in the truck area?

or “acc” position.
Trunk fuse8 is probably switchable/ignition activated. It's used to control the flaps on the NPP exhaust. It's the fuse the Mild2Wild flap controller is tapped into and the controller only works when the car is on. You can test it with a multi meter before using to be certain. F8 may not be there on non-npp cars?

Keep in mind if it is switchable and you use it you won't have brake lights and flashers when the car is not running.