Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-06-2024, 12:16 PM   #15
Fanch1LE

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE
I guess I need to find somewhere to mount my GoPro underneath and see what's happening.
Fanch1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 09:09 AM   #16
trashbasket

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanch1LE View Post
I guess I need to find somewhere to mount my GoPro underneath and see what's happening.

I don't know if it is same thing but I had a crazy issue after doing a bunch of rear suspension work. The car handled worse under heavy acceleration, like "pull to the side Im going to kill you" possessed car. I neglected to "re-index the bushings". I thought I could skip that and its bunch of nonsense. I asked a shop to do it and they lied about doing it. I had to do it myself and it sucked getting the car up in the garage to do it but it fixed my issue 100%. Don't discount doing this or trust others did it. It just might be your issue. Either way I hope you figure it out. Best of luck.

Old 02-07-2024, 09:19 AM   #17
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
I don't think the negative camber is causing any issue. I agree with trashbasket, get the car in the air supported on the wheels and clock all the bushings. It's even more important with the poly bushings as they are less forgiving. After that, get it aligned again.
Old 02-07-2024, 10:04 AM   #18
Fanch1LE

Thanks for the responses. The bushings were clocked by me on install. I neglected to do that the first time I did suspension upgrades and it's definitely a strange bouncy feeling that you won't forget.

I got some input from a member yesterday that listed several possibilities. I'm almost certain that one thing he mentioned is exactly my problem. The stock toe rods are spherical bushings, and a fixed end polyurethane bushing in this location is not an upgrade. I just ordered the other style of adjustable toe rods, the ones with spherical rod ends. Unfortunately it will be a couple weeks delay per the dealers website. I'll report back after I swap them and let yall know if it helped.
Old 02-28-2024, 05:08 PM   #19
Fanch1LE

Happy to report that the spherical rod end toe rods fixed my rear end wiggle under hard acceleration. No more scary side to side action at 100 mph.

Last edited by Fanch1LE; 02-28-2024 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2024, 05:42 PM   #20
SlowLS1

Glad to hear this fixed your problems. Gonna keep that information in the locker in case I ever need it.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:33 PM   #21
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanch1LE View Post
Happy to report that the spherical rod end toe rods fixed my rear end wiggle under hard acceleration. No more scary side to side action at 100 mph.
Do you notice more noise with those sphericals?

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 09:28 PM   #22
Fanch1LE

Not at all. Sprayed them with some silicone lube. I wish I had bought these to begin with. The price is the same. Live and learn I guess.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:19 AM   #23
SlowLS1

My experience with spherical rod ends is they are quite when new, and get noise when they loosen up.
Old 03-11-2024, 08:53 AM   #24
Fanch1LE

Here's a quick clip comparing the stock toe arms with the 2 different aftermarket styles.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/oTuysdErfLU
Old 03-11-2024, 08:38 PM   #25
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Very interesting. I had to go back and look at my build list from a few years ago to remember if I ever replaced the toe rods or not. Which I now realize I didn’t. I put in a set of Pfadt trailing arms which actually worked wonders at curing my wheel hop (along with my ZL1 rear end). So I’m still rolling on stock toe rods. My problem wasn’t a consistent pull in some direction…but rather just a sloppy moving around sensation.

Hoping the poly inserts I picked up will help. Probably should have gone with a full poly bushing but thought I’d give the inserts a shot first.

Good info on the toe rods though. Thanks for sharing.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 09:23 PM   #26
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
So winter is here and time for some more upgrades. I’d like to know if anyone has done anything to stabilize the rear end “sway” that seems to come in 3rd and 4th gear under hard acceleration? I’ve got about 750 to the wheels now and I’ve snapped the rear end loose with tire spin in 3rd multiple times. But even when it doesn’t snap loose…I feel this sort of back and forth swaying going on. It’s a little unnerving. Speed climbing rapidly and also knowing it could break loose. Just would like to stabilize the rear end some more.

My guess is that this has something to do with the rear cradle and the softer bushings they put in from the factory to control noise. Which…don’t get me wrong…I love the quiet cruise of the Camaro and I don’t want a ton of NVH. But also think I need to get things a bit more under control back there too for safety.

Rear cradle bushings? Control arms? What have people done?

I had this side to side in 3rd when doing the 1/4 mile. I found it was due to my tire pressure being to low. I was running Nitto G2's in front and Rii drag radials in the back. Once I raised the pressure from 29 to 35, side to side was gone.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote