Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-24-2019, 01:38 PM   #1
farm rat

Drives: 2011 Vistory Red 1LS
Finally some mods on my 1 LS and other updates

Had the parts for a while, but finally got around to installing an isolator and a CAI. Butt dyno indicates a relatively noticable increase in performance.

Since I was due for tires I put on a set of 255-55's on the stock steelies.

I am on my fourth (and hopefully last) A/C compressor. The shaft (internal?) busted on the original at ~80,000 miles. Had the shop install a new one (aftermarket) that lasted all of a week. The shop replaced that one (again aftermarket) that didnt last that long. Bad batch I guess. The shop replaced that one yesterday (GM this time) and so far so good.
It was some scary shit when the first replacement went out as it forever more sounded like a gear box/rearend going out.

I dont remember if I posted about it, but first of the year a gal backed into the driver's door requiring replacing the door skin. I had the option of having the local GM dealer do the work, so I got GM parts (I hope). The added benefit/silver lining is the fact that when I got the car the rear driver's quarter looked like it had been buffed in a couple of places with a rock in the pad. Since they had to repaint the whole driver's side, that issue is now gone. Now the car is practically show room pristine with only a couple of very minor door dings on the passenger side you really have to look for.

I plan on exhaust next when I quit spending money on my house.

2011 1LS M6 Victory Red

Sold
1967 Coupe Green and White
1969 SS 396 Hugger Orange
1969 Z/28 All original White with deluxe interior
1970 RS Blue
1978 Coupe Fugly Green
1978 WS-6 Trans-Am Factory 4 speed
1985 IROC-Z Red
farm rat is offline   Reply With Quote