Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Old 09-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #43
MIKES RS
MIKES RS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffnshine View Post
Well I for one can't wait to drive route 66 Americas Highway with a caravan of our bad ass Camaros. Imagine us rumbling into those historic car towns and the cheers along the way picking up more of our family along the way. And then there is the pride of us rolling into Indy showing those East coasters how we show up to a Fest.

I'm sure we can get Camaro Performers or Super Chevy to document the road trip as well, which I will start working on

We have a year to plan, save and plan our vacation time from work, schools are on summer break.

LETS ROLL
I'm with you! I'll start saving now and ask for vacation so I can get 10 days off!
Will be great rolling with you!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #44
Transfusion

Drives: 1SS Summit White
I'm in but I don't know about taken i-80 or heading south. I know the north route but haven't driven it since I had my spyder (before I was married). I know there aren't any tolls on I-80. Going south leaves some questions about tolls and just where on hwy66
we will be stopping. I thought 66 was shut down and not in real good driving condition.
Does anyone have any info on 66.

Let's Ride !
Transfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #45
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: RJT 2010 camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Busy_Boi
Maybe a pole is needed on this thread to see if your driving,flying and renting a car or transporting your car and flying.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #46
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
You all may talk me into it.........................Big Maybe!!..and I maybe solo...
Old 09-24-2011, 04:13 AM   #47
Cabrera
Freightrain Coming Ur Way

Drives: V8-1968 & V6-2000 & V6 2010 Camaros
One way or another I'll be there, that is all that matters....

....I'm thinking about how....

..."F" it, road trip....

Hmmm, hamster is up is spinning the wheel.... wait.......

....perhaps a motorhome and trailer Knightrain
Old 09-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #48
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Yeah getting time off along with the other plans would be tough, not to mention the $ as We would like to go a northern route through yellowstone/ black hills and then swing south but that's to much time unfortunately.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #49
MIKES RS
MIKES RS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS CGM
Well, there's always carpooling! for C5FestII I rode with someone else because thats the only way I was able to go... and I am GLAD that I went and didnt miss it!
This time I want to drive my car, but if anyone wants to at least be able to go... maybe we can find passenger seats for them! Just a thought
Old 09-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #50
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfusion View Post
I'm in but I don't know about taken i-80 or heading south. I know the north route but haven't driven it since I had my spyder (before I was married). I know there aren't any tolls on I-80. Going south leaves some questions about tolls and just where on hwy66
we will be stopping. I thought 66 was shut down and not in real good driving condition.
Does anyone have any info on 66.

Let's Ride !
If I can convince my boss to give me all the days I've requested off, I'll lead anyone that wants to run on Route 66. There are many stretches that very good, part is now the 40 or I55, or frontage roads, but there are some awesome places along the way were people are trying to keep the Mother Road alive, a history of American roadside attractions that slowly disappearing unless people support it, which I do. Part of the fun is finding Route 66,as it is a de-commissioned highway. I'll be running the Route in May on the way to the Power Tour in Detroit. Anyway, I know the route I'm taking or will take if I can roll.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #51
HaddadMotorsports

Drives: Camaro
Damn you guys are talking me into driving

I've never gone that far east.

I can get tickets in new states

If I drive I may have to bring my support rig, with trailer, jacks, tools, compressor etc.
Thats a long way to go with a bunch of modded cars and not have some kind of back up plan.

Speaking of tickets, can we not inform all the local PD's that we're rolling through. Like we did for the last run.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
HaddadMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #52
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I agree, best not to broadcast that we are coming to the police, I don't need the tickets...
Old 09-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #53
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: RJT 2010 camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Busy_Boi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaddadMotorsports View Post
Damn you guys are talking me into driving

I've never gone that far east.

If I drive I may have to bring my support rig, with trailer, jacks, tools, compressor etc.
Thats a long way to go with a bunch of modded cars and not have some kind of back up plan.

Speaking of tickets, can we not inform all the local PD's that we're rolling through. Like we did for the last run.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

Mike thats a good ideas to bring your support rig, with trailer, jacks, tools, compressor etc. Never no when something can go wrong I feel better knowing that your going to do that. I hope to make the trip but not sure yet and I do have family in Indiana.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #54
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy_Boi View Post
Mike thats a good ideas to bring your support rig, with trailer, jacks, tools, compressor etc. Never no when something can go wrong I feel better knowing that your going to do that.
Fred you finally going to get some miles on the car... so mad I wont be around to go with you guys..
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #55
comm17
Racing Byrds

Drives: '16 BVM 2SS '10 IBM 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaddadMotorsports View Post
Damn you guys are talking me

Thanks
Mike Haddad

Thank you BECKY!!!
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #56
Transfusion

Drives: 1SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
If I can convince my boss to give me all the days I've requested off, I'll lead anyone that wants to run on Route 66. There are many stretches that very good, part is now the 40 or I55, or frontage roads, but there are some awesome places along the way were people are trying to keep the Mother Road alive, a history of American roadside attractions that slowly disappearing unless people support it, which I do. Part of the fun is finding Route 66,as it is a de-commissioned highway. I'll be running the Route in May on the way to the Power Tour in Detroit. Anyway, I know the route I'm taking or will take if I can roll.
I will wait and decide later, I know I don't want to spend endless hours hunting down hwy 66 on a trip that sounds like it might be better off on a separate tour from this, and probably well worth it.
Transfusion is offline   Reply With Quote