Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 06-29-2015, 05:40 PM   #43
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Hello Bio-Hazard. It certainly was a messy weekend. I went to the Camaro Nationals. I knew it was going to be messy on Saturday so I didn't go. Friday was really nice. It certainly is disappointing when clubs do that. Hopefully they are reading this and will rethink of their actions for next year.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:14 PM   #44
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
Hello Bio-Hazard. It certainly was a messy weekend. I went to the Camaro Nationals. I knew it was going to be messy on Saturday so I didn't go. Friday was really nice. It certainly is disappointing when clubs do that. Hopefully they are reading this and will rethink of their actions for next year.
It's pretty ridiculous that they have the Camaro Nats and the All-GM Nats on the same weekend. I heard it's because of one group being po'd at the other so they do it intentionally. Very petty, if it's true.

Hopefully the weather will be better next year and our SEPA5 group can come as a team.

No other Green Flashes sighted, eh? How about at the Camaro Nationals in Maryland, see any there?
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #45
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Yes there was. If you have ever heard of Scott Schottimer he came with a Emeral Green Coupe.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:13 PM   #46
ZL W0N
GuitarmageddonZL1

Drives: ‘13 ZL1, ‘17 TT ZL1, ‘17 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIO-HAZARD View Post
What a weekend , Friday a great day , A hell of a turn out for Friday . Sat. was a wash out . Very disappointing day . The rain sucked . But a lot of guys braved it out . I think I was more disappointed in the ones that came that did not make an effort to go around and vote. And a couple of clubs that just stayed under their tents and did no voting , but only for their club members . They just showed up & parked their cars and did nothing . They came to a car show & couldn't even park in the right class. I lost a lot of respect for these two clubs. They voted for people not their cars . This was really sad . If I can go around and get soaking wet to show my respect for the cars that came, at my age , I sure feel these clubs could of done the same and returned the respect that was given them when people voted for their cars . This was a car show right ? Sorry I did meet some new people and old friends and got to see some really nice new cars . But in the end I was just in awe of the lack of respect the cars got when the hard work and time was spent on them and no one cared .

I want to thank anyone that actually came around and did their voting . That means a lot to me .
I know exactly who you are talking about. I talked to a guy on Sunday who stuck it out through Saturday and said the same thing. I was there Friday and Sunday. I think I actually passed you on the way there Sunday, if that was you throwing up the peace sign out your window haha.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:51 AM   #47
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL W0N View Post
I know exactly who you are talking about. I talked to a guy on Sunday who stuck it out through Saturday and said the same thing. I was there Friday and Sunday. I think I actually passed you on the way there Sunday, if that was you throwing up the peace sign out your window haha.
That was me, but it wasn't the peace sign, it was the V for the 5th gen. Roman numeral for 5..
Its the respect for our 5th gen cars.
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:05 PM   #48
ZL W0N
GuitarmageddonZL1

Drives: ‘13 ZL1, ‘17 TT ZL1, ‘17 Silverado
Good to know. I've been giving the "peace sign" to almost every 5th gen I see, so now I know the real meaning.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #49
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
It's pretty ridiculous that they have the Camaro Nats and the All-GM Nats on the same weekend. I heard it's because of one group being po'd at the other so they do it intentionally. Very petty, if it's true.

Hopefully the weather will be better next year and our SEPA5 group can come as a team.

No other Green Flashes sighted, eh? How about at the Camaro Nationals in Maryland, see any there?
Yes there was a Green Flash Camaro at the Camaro Nationals. I thought the color combo was awesome in person. I would love to see a convertible version , hint , hint . As far as the two shows being on the same weekend and the fact that I am a member of the Maryland Camaro Club ( organizers of the Camaro Nationals) I can tell you it does suck. I should go to the GM Nationals just so I could ask them their version of what happened with that (the split). I can tell you if the Maryland Camaro Club could move the show to another date we would have already ( We do not own the Frederick Fairgrounds). Events are booked at the fairgrounds like any other venue. Just like you know the Camaro Nationals were this past weekend other events are consistently booked for their usual weekend throughout the year. The only way we could change the date is if another weekend became available, Not likely. The other show organizers own their property. I think they could choose another weekend if they wanted

Last edited by z28-conv; 06-30-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #50
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Yes there was. If you have ever heard of Scott Schottimer he came with a Emeral Green Coupe.
Did you mean Scott Settlemire?

I've been attending the GM Nationals since 2006. The American Camaro Association (out of PA) used to handle the Camaro's at the GM Nationals.... great people. You registered through them. I think the Maryland Camaro Club took over the Camaro's at the GM Nationals in 2010. And after that there were issues between the two and the Camaro Nationals was created unfortunately they picked the same weekend??? It is a shame!
Old 06-30-2015, 06:08 PM   #51
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
Yes there was a Green Flash Camaro at the Camaro Nationals. I thought the color combo was awesome in person. I would love to see a convertible version , hint , hint . As far as the two shows being on the same weekend and the fact that I am a member of the Maryland Camaro Club ( organizers of the Camaro Nationals) I can tell you it does suck. I should go to the GM Nationals just so I could ask them their version of what happened with that (the split). I can tell you if the Maryland Camaro Club could move the show to another date we would have already ( We do not own the Frederick Fairgrounds). Events are booked at the fairgrounds like any other venue. Just like you know the Camaro Nationals were this past weekend other events are consistently booked for their usual weekend throughout the year. The only way we could change the date is if another weekend became available, Not likely. The other show organizers own their property. I think they could choose another weekend if they wanted
Here's two Green Flash convertibles from our monthly SEPA5 meet

[/SIZE]

Old 06-30-2015, 08:57 PM   #52
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
Here's two Green Flash convertibles from our monthly SEPA5 meet

Yes I seen the other picture of them that was posted. Very nice! Certainly didn't think there would be a picture of two of them together so soon. Especially since they are not that common. I wish they would have made a ZL1 vert in that color.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:22 PM   #53
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Ours are twins. Exact same options. NPP exhaust, short throw shifter and NAV. I ordered mine locally, but he had to drive way up to Connecticut to pick his up. His was built 3/18, mine on 3/20.

I was flabbergasted when I pulled into the lot and saw his.........LOL

[/SIZE]