Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-19-2021, 05:55 PM   #1
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
303 Graphene Can you see what's missing?

The other day, after giving the car a "Final Wipe" getting rid of the few remaining 'missed spots' and making the finish perfect, it was driven through a moderate rain for several miles. Imagine my surprise when after the rainwater dried off the car, I noticed something missing. Can you see what it is in the pics?

Picture #1 and the tires give a clue .......

The answer is dirt and road film.

On pic #1 you can see some dirt and debris collected where the edge of the trunk meets the bumper cover and there are a few water droplet 'tracks' on the back bumper itself. But on the fender and quarter panel right behind the tires there is nothing. No water spray marks, no dirty drips and no apparent road film built up. Even on the windshield, where normally you would see a clean area in the windshield wiper's path and a clear line of road film where the wipers don't reach, but on the Camaro, there is only a thin line of dirt where the driver's side wiper stops and no discernible difference between the wiper-swept area and the untouched areas, both look equally "clean."

Before using the 303, these areas would be coated in dirt and road film after a short drive in the rain, but now - not so much if at all.

Needless to say, I am impressed. Now granted, I have realized that I am a "Flavor of the Month" type of guy and I get excited trying new products and I like many of them to the point of being obnoxious about it (like my roughly year-long thing with Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions). But I have to say I think the 303 is better (with what knowledge and information I have now) than the TWHS.

The 303 applies better, removes better (only requiring a multi-step removal process if you use lousy towels like I did) and now the kicker - it seems to repel water and road film FAR better than anything I have ever personally seen.

I'd say the 303 has found a permanent place in my garage for the foreseeable future - at least until the next "Big, New Thing" comes along.

Last edited by DonM; 07-20-2021 at 01:06 AM.
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:35 PM   #2
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Thanks for the right up Don. I'm definitely going to give it a try. I'm wondering about the wipe off process though. You said that if you only do one panel at a time it wipes off really easy?
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:32 PM   #3
DonM
Camaro #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
Thanks for the right up Don. I'm definitely going to give it a try. I'm wondering about the wipe off process though. You said that if you only do one panel at a time it wipes off really easy?

It's not too bad, just apply to 1 or 2 panels at a time at most, then remove. (303 Products suggests apply, wait 5 minutes, then remove) Do Not apply to the whole car, then remove, it will be more difficult.

MY problem was that I was using old and worn out microfiber towels to remove the haze...they don't work too well. But when I used new, uncontaminated towels removal was much easier and complete. The old towels don't absorb anymore and was leaving behind some of the carrier solution as residue that had to be buffed off. With towels in good condition, you don't have to worry about that.

The biggest difference with the 303 Graphene is that it isn't SLICK feeling, it feels smooth - there is a big difference between the two and it does take some getting used to.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:10 AM   #4
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Ok thanks for the tips Don. I appreciate it.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:02 AM   #5
DonM
Camaro #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
Ok thanks for the tips Don. I appreciate it.
I wrote several posts over on Auto Geek Forums on my experiences with the 303 Graphene.