#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-31-2023, 11:54 AM   #1
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
2021 ZLE STOLEN ?s

First off I’d appreciate no smart a***comments this just might happen you. It’s been 24 hours since it’s been gone. I’m crushed over this 2021 A 10 13.000 miles. What do think I will get value wise from the insurance company ussa? I’m asking just in case it doesn’t return or if found be totaled!!!! I know there going to ask me how much extra money I put into it as well, is there a max limit? I know how the game works however never had a car stolen. So anybody with PRIOR EXPERIENCE please chime in. The fact there no longer being made and this will be collectors item can I spin that as well? I also have gap coverage with Wells Fargo all really want is my car BACK
Old 12-31-2023, 12:01 PM   #2
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Well that Sucks! Sorry to hear. I have classic car insurance that has replacement cost of what msrp is for my year. Thank God I haven’t had to use it.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 12:02 PM   #3
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
It's not a collectors item and the insurance company won't see it that way either. Sorry for your loss. Challenger and Charger Hellcat's have been stolen quite frequently the last few years, maybe thieves are turning to ZL1's now also which sucks. I would say the odds are very slim of getting it back in one piece UNLESS it was just a few hooligans out for a joyride but I'm guessing if they know how to steal a car, it's probably more than that.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 12:27 PM   #4
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
It's not a collectors item and the insurance company won't see it that way either. Sorry for your loss. Challenger and Charger Hellcat's have been stolen quite frequently the last few years, maybe thieves are turning to ZL1's now also which sucks. I would say the odds are very slim of getting it back in one piece UNLESS it was just a few hooligans out for a joyride but I'm guessing if they know how to steal a car, it's probably more than that.
Im MARYLAND hooligans are all that still cars 12 and 13 years old smh
Old 12-31-2023, 12:47 PM   #5
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Im MARYLAND hooligans are all that still cars 12 and 13 years old smh
Here's hoping they find it real soon. The Hellcat community has not been that lucky.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 12:58 PM   #6
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Here's hoping they find it real soon. The Hellcat community has not been that lucky.

Ughjjj I hood so. Luckily I have gap from Wells Fargo and the insurance company gonna definitely give me some money.
Old 12-31-2023, 01:04 PM   #7
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
You may have to fight for the max payout with the insurance company. They are obligated to cover replacement value. You probably should get several estimates. NADA retail would be a good start. Not sure what coverage you’d get for any modifications

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I’ve had a car stolen before and it’s a sickening feeling not to mention the $$$ lost.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 01:06 PM   #8
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
That sucks. The insurance company will low ball you at first. Your best bet is to look to see what 2021 ZL1s comparable to your's are selling for.
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 01:59 PM   #9
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Its whatever youll book at, your emotional attachment is reaching for value that is not in their equation. With usaa homeowners claim i had a few years back it was easy to work with paid out right away.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 02:04 PM   #10
LGAFF

Drives: 2018 CAMARO ZL1
Insurance methodologies are regulated by the state you live in, in most cases they use a market survey which uses cars for sale in your area to determine the price. They will only use ZL1s, adjust for miles, etc... and establish a value. Valuations also are based upon the ask price... so likely you will come out fairly well. You should be able to get a vehicle for the value you are offered. You also likely have the right to appraisal if the value offered does not meet expectations.
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 02:31 PM   #11
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
I have had great experiences with Geico and have received compensation for my add-ons etc. They also take the market value into consideration. When my '19 was totaled I got more than what I paid for the car. They factored in current market value and the add-ons I had. All I had to do was furnish receipts.

On the other hand, where most people screw themselves is they buy the cheapest insurance possible with slip-shod companies. You may save money on the monthly note, but if and when the time comes for that insurance company to pay up, you're in for a fight.
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 03:17 PM   #12
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
If it is found, it'll be gutted. All the ZL1s that have been stolen have not been found or found and gutted, mainly taking the engine.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 04:01 PM   #13
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
I have had great experiences with Geico and have received compensation for my add-ons etc. They also take the market value into consideration. When my '19 was totaled I got more than what I paid for the car. They factored in current market value and the add-ons I had. All I had to do was furnish receipts.

On the other hand, where most people screw themselves is they buy the cheapest insurance possible with slip-shod companies. You may save money on the monthly note, but if and when the time comes for that insurance company to pay up, you're in for a fight.
Yes, Luckily USAA isn’t like that and I also chose to add 20% of the total value of the car totaled. so I should make out really good. If the engine is gutted that probably won’t total it to save them some money
Old 12-31-2023, 04:07 PM   #14
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
That sucks. The insurance company will low ball you at first. Your best bet is to look to see what 2021 ZL1s comparable to your's are selling for.
Around 67-70k lowest. For zl1 1les. I have receipts for atleast another 5-8000