Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-08-2021, 09:38 AM   #9717
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
I know the first half of your paragraph to be true, I don’t know about the second part of your paragraph though. I’m not saying it’s wrong I just don’t know. Regardless of the reasons however, the number of gun related deaths in our country thwart many times over those of any other developed country in the world. No other developed nation sees the frequent mass shootings, or emergency drills in schools like my kid had to practice.
At one point experts offered to at least research this issue, but NRA and Policy makers stopped that initiative. You would think that a bare minimum we would want a better understanding of this massive problem plagueing our nation.
If you truly want a better understanding read John Lott. He's taught at Chicago, Wharton, and Yale, and published tons of research on firearm deaths and law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_Guns,_Less_Crime
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bias_Against_Guns

Of course, depending upon your political persuasion you may not like what he has to say.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:13 AM   #9718
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
WOW. Its true guy. Do yourself a favor and look up stuff. Almost called me a liar here. Mass shootings is a horrible excuse to limit my rights. I follow laws, criminals don't. You can make as many laws as you want and criminals will continue not to follow them. I would NOT say its plaguing our nation either. What I would say is that single parenting is part of the problem. Specifically, father figures. But I have to stop feeding the trolls, so if you want to debate then go to a local range where they can educate you on the finer points of 2A facts. This post was about how to carry in a Camaro and I messed up by feeding trolls.
Actually I was very careful to not call you a liar, but if my post somehow translated differently, I apologize.
Which of your rights are being limited?
In 2019 we had almost 40,000 gun related deaths. Are you OK with that? And again are you OK with the fact other developed countries have a fraction of this issue? You don’t think we as a country should try to be better?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:27 AM   #9719
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
If you're going to defend the numbers game to demonstrate a weak position let's move on to 623K abortion deaths in the US because it's the same agenda that calls that OK but needs your guns "for the kids".
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:27 AM   #9720
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
This should be a separate thread
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:45 AM   #9721
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
And of those 13,000 deaths 5,000 of them were from the 3 states with the most gun restrictive legislation on the books ,California=3,000 NY=800 and Illinois= 1300 so that leaves 8,000 deaths for the rest of the county in one year.Now these are total firearm deaths so some are suicide and self defense homicides ect... This can be further broken down but you should get the picture it not the massive epidemic CNN would have you believe.
Almost 40,000 gun related deaths in 2019. Again, many times more over what other developed nations have.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:46 AM   #9722
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Quote:
There were 33,654 fatal motor vehicle crashes in the United States in 2018 in which 36,560 deaths occurred. This resulted in 11.2 deaths per 100,000 people and 1.13 deaths per 100 million miles traveled.

In 2018, 24,432 people in the U.S. died by firearm suicide. Firearms are the means in approximately half of suicides nationwide. In 2018, 13,958 people in the U.S. died from firearm homicide, accounting for 35.1% of total deaths from firearms. Firearms were the means for about 74% of homicides in 2018.

36,560 dead in vehicle crashes V/S 13,985 from firearm homicides.... You ready to give up your cars there guys??
Every life is precious, and no one is asking us to give up our guns.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:49 AM   #9723
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yea we got side tracked didn't we.. It just bothers me that people would allow any infringement on any one of the bill of rights. You start legislating what people can say or forgo trial by jury and see how fast the same people who would be OK with changing the 2nd amendment will loose their minds over the 1st 4th, 5th 6th so on and so forth
The constitution has been amended before to end slavery and allow African-Americans to vote, and to allow out women to vote. However I don’t think any rational person would advocate for any changes to the second amendment. That is not necessary.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:50 AM   #9724
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Quote:
Actually I was very careful to not call you a liar, but if my post somehow translated differently, I apologize.
Which of your rights are being limited?
In 2019 we had almost 40,000 gun related deaths. Are you OK with that? And again are you OK with the fact other developed countries have a fraction of this issue? You don’t think we as a country should try to be better?
and of those 40,000 only 13,000 were homicide the rest sucide and selfe defense use of a firearm
And of those 13,000 deaths 5,000 of them were from the 3 states with the most gun restrictive legislation on the books ,California=3,000 NY=800 and Illinois= 1300 so that leaves 8,000 deaths for the rest of the county in one year.Now these are total firearm deaths so some are suicide and self defense homicides ect... This can be further broken down but you should get the picture it not the massive epidemic CNN would have you believe.
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:58 AM   #9725
puppykat33

Quote:
The constitution has been amended before to end slavery and allow African-Americans to vote, and to allow out women to vote. However I don’t think any rational person would advocate for any changes to the second amendment. That is not necessary.
you do know there is a thing called the bill of rights

articles 1 through 10 of the constitution which are not amended well it has been but not the basics of it just the way the gov if formed so to speak
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
Old 01-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #9726
puppykat33

Quote:
they absolutely are advocating just that
Old 01-08-2021, 11:10 AM   #9727
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/03/joe-bi...f-gun-control/
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:14 AM   #9728
puppykat33

anyway my post were for the guy who said he liked to base his decisions on facts not feelings then did the exact opposite by citing the same thing as most about other countries while yes they dont have as many death by firearms is true, but you cant just leave the facts at that they still have homicides ...its carried out by different means. Im just trying to give the actual numbers and do simple math for those who bring up these types of things to educate them .. but as usual they refuse to believe or understand . ITS SIMPLE MATH anyway back to the thread
Old 01-08-2021, 01:14 PM   #9729
Walkure

Drives: '17 ZL1 A10 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
I'm a retired deputy sheriff and I carry on my person every day. I use a fanny pack most of the time when dressed casually. If more formal, I have a nice leather purse with a hidden holster. I wouldn't think of leaving my gun in the car unless I had to stop at the VA or some other federal facility that doesn't allow local LEOs to carry.

Long story short - once while on duty, I took a break from my shift to stop by the VA and pick up a prescription. I'm in uniform and open carrying, and drove up in a marked unit. The VA police officer blocked the door bodily and told me that I couldn't enter with my weapon. I bit my tongue, but I wanted to ask him, Who ya gonna call if the poop hits the fan and you need emergency help? Anyway, I dropped the issue.

Tara
You can legally enter the VA while carrying if you are on official police business. You weren’t. Being in uniform in a marked car doesn’t factor in. Being on duty or not doesn’t factor in. I agree it makes no sense, but the guard correctly applied the rule when he refused your entry.
Thank you for your service. Stay safe.
Walkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 02:47 PM   #9730
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Quote:
they absolutely are advocating just that
Do you think that is really plausible? I can’t help but wonder what the logistics of that would look like.

Tags
camaro gun