Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #15
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
What is the deal with GM and the color blue????? The excuse that they dont sell well is NOT a legitimate excuse not to offer the color.
No. Tell me I just didn't read that. That's like saying their excuse that the F-body didn't sell well so they cancelled one and put the other on hiatus wasn't good enough and that they should keep building cars that nobody was buying. This is a very basic business rule.

You forget about how the bean counters have a big say in how things go at GM. It's a perfectly viable excuse. Why have a blue paint vat sitting there unused when they could put another color in it that does sell well? If I were in charge that's exactly what I would do. It's all about the $$.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #16
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
GM just needs to figure out what shade of blue people want to buy. They keep building shades like ABM and IBM which have very devoted followers, but the people who love them are limited. They don't sell on a broad scale. That doesn't mean that NO shade of blue would sell. Personally I love blue, but ABM looked greenish to me and IBM looked like a dirty black. Not bashing those who love those colors, just saying why I didn't buy!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #17
Tiny Adams

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Dirty Black??
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #18
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Greenish?

joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #19
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
no dirty black here
Attached Images

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #20
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
I have a feeling that GM not having a blue available... and Ford having multiple blues... GM is losing a few sales here and there, just due to color availability. Not a deal-breaker for me, but I know some people are nuts about the color of their 'stuff'.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #21
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

^^ I know I am! I wanted a blue Camaro and have gone through considerable trouble to get it!

Old 10-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #22
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
You guys/gals are so sensitive. All i said was they were not the right shades of blue for me!
O2BQIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #23
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Oh, no, I totally understand you'd prefer a different shade of blue It seems people either love or hate the GM blues. There's not really an in-between. I think if they brought back something like LeMans Blue it'd be a huge hit.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #24
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BQIK View Post
GM just needs to figure out what shade of blue people want to buy. They keep building shades like ABM and IBM which have very devoted followers, but the people who love them are limited. They don't sell on a broad scale. That doesn't mean that NO shade of blue would sell. Personally I love blue, but ABM looked greenish to me and IBM looked like a dirty black. Not bashing those who love those colors, just saying why I didn't buy!
I personally am a Silver & Black person... White... if it's the right automobile (works well on the Camaro).

I can appreciate other colors though, and ABM was alot like IOM. Completely different in different lighting. Plays tricks with your eyes. I think that is a cool idea for paint... but yes, it doesn't/didn't play to the masses, and wouldn't stand up to long term trends. So I can understand why it got the Axe. (I'm a bit jealous of those who got one of the rare ABM... especially Indypwr's )

IBM... is a very good blue. Maybe too deep for some, but it blows away any blue I've seen out there, on any other make or model. I would say they will stick with IBM. But as for how GM put all their eggs in 1 basket and are now in this position with limited availability, lets hope they learn the lesson... well!