Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #43
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2001 Chevy Impala
wow those are pretty cool, i'm a young guy and respect american muscle from the first gen's to the current, the reason i'm going for the camaro i'd say would be because of the looks now, just like you guy's have your 69's n such, 50 years from now i want to have my 2009's well kept. but the reason i post is to really thank you gentlemen and ladies for allowing me to view a piece of your history...those cars are beautiful.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #44
chevys

Drives: 03 Mach 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateZ View Post

Make that 4 on the same wavelength. Yes, there was just something about the '69 Mach 1 428CJ. I happen to like that one myself, vonti.

Personally, I love all muscle cars regardless of brand. In the background and in my sig below, you can see my Chevelle SS454. For what it's worth, I've had these cars for quite some time. I can only imagine how broke I'd be if I had purchased them in recent years when the prices were just ... well ... insanely high.

Now I'm just patiently waiting for the new Camaro. Daddy needs a new daily driver.
That mach 1 is HAWT! I lurk around here too because I like all of them. The challenger is last on my list because of price but I think they are sharp. The only thing looks wise that Im trying to get past on the Camaro is the grill. It looks like a smily face for some reason to me but a lot can change between now and production. Im sure it will be a great car.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:01 AM   #45
Flyin'Camaros
BumbleBee is my Hero...

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Black M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
To each his own, but some what narrow minded, it's like saying I will only date Blondes, you could be missing out on some fun with Red heads or Brunettes.

That's Why I love Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers they are like Women, Black, White and Asian, all freakin Hot and would hate to miss out on anything. But thats just me.
You are absolutely right...TO EACH THERE OWN. Intereseting analogy...on the women...you must be single...if not, never mind not going there.

This is a Camaro vs Mustang thread right? hmmmm ok..I NEVER bashed the mustang (said it in my post), just said my preference is not the mustang and would rather fly one! I like the old styling better and think that Ford has slacked in the mustang..JUST MY OPINION...there are some with newer mustangs that are pretty nice because of what people have personally done. But, I am into the Camaro...Challengers, Chelvelles, sweet...but only want and have $$$ for the Camaro

As for the women...Dated, and still married a blonde, she is my Camaro!!

Last edited by Flyin'Camaros; 02-06-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #46
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin'Camaros View Post
You are absolutely right...TO EACH THERE OWN. Intereseting analogy...on the women...you must be single...if not, never mind not going there.

This is a Camaro vs Mustang thread right? hmmmm ok..I NEVER bashed the mustang (said it in my post), just said my preference is not the mustang and would rather fly one! I like the old styling better and think that Ford has slacked in the mustang..JUST MY OPINION...there are some with newer mustangs that are pretty nice because of what people have personally done. But, I am into the Camaro...Challengers, Chelvelles, sweet...but only want and have $$$ for the Camaro

As for the women...Dated, and still married a blonde, she is my Camaro!!
Sorry just a defensive posture, I am a Mustang Owner on a Camaro site,
even though it's my First Ford, I Love My Mustang, it's better than I expected it to be. I test drove the 05 GTO first and then the Charger R/T
and then finally the Mustang. All three were Auto Trannies because I can't use my left knee to push the clutch in (Crushed it in a Motorcycle accident)
the Mustang performed better than the GTO (Yes remember Auto) and Charger R/T, plus the price was right and frankly it looked better that the others. The GTO interior was the nicest, and the charger had tons of bells and whistles but they did not do anything for me. So when you say "THE only mustang I will get in is a P-51!!!" I took it as ok, another Ford Hater Chevy Fan boy and maybe you don't know what your missing, you may like it. Sure it's not going to be as fast as a Camaro but it has it's own charm.

I can't wait to buy my camaro, I am just as thrilled as I was when I got my Mustang, or even when I bought my first Muscle car in 1981. it was a 1971 Pontiac Trans Am 455. I loved that car.
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold
Old 02-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #47
Flyin'Camaros
BumbleBee is my Hero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
Sorry just a defensive posture, I am a Mustang Owner on a Camaro site,
even though it's my First Ford, I Love My Mustang, it's better than I expected it to be. I test drove the 05 GTO first and then the Charger R/T
and then finally the Mustang. All three were Auto Trannies because I can't use my left knee to push the clutch in (Crushed it in a Motorcycle accident)
the Mustang performed better than the GTO (Yes remember Auto) and Charger R/T, plus the price was right and frankly it looked better that the others. The GTO interior was the nicest, and the charger had tons of bells and whistles but they did not do anything for me. So when you say "THE only mustang I will get in is a P-51!!!" I took it as ok, another Ford Hater Chevy Fan boy and maybe you don't know what your missing, you may like it. Sure it's not going to be as fast as a Camaro but it has it's own charm.

I can't wait to buy my camaro, I am just as thrilled as I was when I got my Mustang, or even when I bought my first Muscle car in 1981. it was a 1971 Pontiac Trans Am 455. I loved that car.
I can't wait to buy the Camaro either!!! This will be my first car with some B@lls...

Personally, next to you guys, I am nothing of a muscle car guy compared to what you all love and know...I would have to fly the P-51 to stay up with most of you guys...(which would be )
I am fairly new to loving muscle cars. I loved this camaro since it debuted..(like alot of others) as a matter of fact I like the older camaros better than the rest...but what some of these guys have done to all generations of camaros is sweet. I would not put down anyone's ride, or opinion of what they think. I have a personal opinion, like you do, on what we like, but hey that is what makes the world go round right!?! Didn't mean it to be like a jab...just havin' fun.

By the way, that Trans Am must have been SWEEEET!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #48
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin'Camaros View Post
I can't wait to buy the Camaro either!!! This will be my first car with some B@lls...

Personally, next to you guys, I am nothing of a muscle car guy compared to what you all love and know...I would have to fly the P-51 to stay up with most of you guys...(which would be )
I am fairly new to loving muscle cars. I loved this camaro since it debuted..(like alot of others) as a matter of fact I like the older camaros better than the rest...but what some of these guys have done to all generations of camaros is sweet. I would not put down anyone's ride, or opinion of what they think. I have a personal opinion, like you do, on what we like, but hey that is what makes the world go round right!?! Didn't mean it to be like a jab...just havin' fun.

By the way, that Trans Am must have been SWEEEET!

I found a P-51A you could get into...

Roush P-51A 510HP car for 2008

You have no Idea how much I enjoyed the Trans Am, it was an awsome car.
Attached Images

2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold
Old 02-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #49
Flyin'Camaros
BumbleBee is my Hero...

That is some good marketing right there. I bet that engine sounds good...Just think if it sounds like your getting passed by an actual P-51! I would say that is a pretty nice ride...I like the overall scheme and paint as well

That Trans Am is AWESOME...Yeah that must have been tough to sell...but hey, it sounds like you have some great memories...that is priceless.

I forgot to say in the last post, I hope they have the option for a sport shift to either use as auto or a clutchless manual...that would be sweet.....sounds like it would be good for you if interested.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #50
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^^^That is a SWEET TA!!! I keep passing by one in one of the areas I work...same blue and white. I only wish they'd want to sell it. I could garage it for a later day and time to build back up.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #51
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
I have always been a GM guy and Camaro fanatic, but if I was told that I would not be able to buy a New Camaro when they came out.

I would be buying one of these. I almost bought one in the last Mustang body style.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #52
HooliganZ

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6
315 hp? No thanks!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:34 PM   #53
Big Boss Man
Roc's Rule

Drives: 04 Denali 89 Iroc
Tsk Tsk
Old 02-10-2008, 10:32 PM   #54
Sick

Drives: Audi TT
A 2005 Mustang GT with the Cervini "C" series body kit is the epitemy of the newest generation of Mustang. The GT500 styling looks ugly.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #55
CamaroZ28

Drives: 03 Honda Accord EX
can sumbody get a mixture of 2010 camaro & concept mustang
Old 02-13-2008, 10:03 AM   #56
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick View Post
A 2005 Mustang GT with the Cervini "C" series body kit is the epitemy of the newest generation of Mustang. The GT500 styling looks ugly.
It always sounds strange to me to hear someone talk about Cervini's. Especially when they're as far away as California. It's about 15 miles from where I live.

Closed Thread