Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #85
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Jared,

I'm all set for sunday!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #86
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Jared,

I'm all set for sunday!
Woohoo! Perfect end to a long school year
Can't wait to get these headers on and awaken the beast lol
Old 06-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #87
Lycanine

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Mina is a no longer the push over she used to be. Before she had a "I might get into trouble" kind of attitude. Now, she's the woman that draws attention, keeps it, and slaps you silly for looking too long

I'll post pictures tomorrow, but let's just say the header install was probably the greatest story ever given on a regular Sunday afternoon...

I was definitely not comfortable doing this install on my own, and I really didn't want to miss the experience of putting these on myself, so I reached out for help...and Chris/GTAHVIT answered my call!

So about 2 o' clock yesterday, my father and I rode down to Chris' house (yes, I drove down there and yes we realized later that it made the cats extremely hot lol) to put on my new Doug Thorley 1 7/8" long tube headers!
My Dad and I had a blast getting the stock ones off the car and shooting the breeze with Chris. Everything was going peachy until...
I got something in my eye. So kids, listen up. DO NOT WRENCH UNDERNEATH YOUR CAR WITHOUT WEARING SAFETY GLASSES!
At first I figured it was just some dirt, so I tried to wash it out with some water and just let it sit while we kept going. My eye became more and more irritated as the day went on, but I just chalked it up to not getting sleep and swimming in the ocean the day before. Silly, I know, but I wanted those headers on so bad I just did my best to bear through it.

Anyways, when we succeeded in getting the stock ones off, we attempted to put together my connection pipes and the LT headers. And that began a day of searching and troubleshooting :(
You see, either by mishap or flawed design, DT put in bolts for the headers and connection pipe flanges that were too small. There was absolutely no way for me to even get one side started without being able to complete the other side. And because we started the install on a Sunday, no one was able to help us at DT or Southwest Speed. But Chris' great attitude continued to rub off on me and he came up with the idea that we should just go into town and grab longer bolts.
So we did--kinda. You see, I always joke that I am the Disaster King. Murphy's Law was a concept that they actually just stole from me and named it after themselves because I'm that unlucky lol.
We went to the nearest Home Depot and the employee told us that the bolts we were looking for, fine thread, they no longer carried. And while this is all happening my eye is getting worse and worse. So, out of the kindness of his heart, Chris graciously drives my Dad and I back to our house and the Lowe's nearby, to grab the bolts we need. When we get there, we discover that they still don't have the bolts we're looking for. Before despair could set in and I was imagining the shame of still driving with my stock headers, Chris had a great idea. Since the fine thread bolts were only to match up the nuts that came with it...why didn't we just buy new bolts and nuts that would fit?!

Let me just reiterate that Chris, is honestly the best and coolest guy around. OF ALL TIME.

So at this point, I've taken the header install way late and I'm invited for dinner (which I will pay you back for! No ifs, ands, or buts about it!) and we head over to the local Publix to grab hamburger buns and cheese.
Chris takes me for a little whirlwind tour in THR #22 on the way to Publix and shows me the absolute difference suspension mods make. Oh and a supercharger of course. We also managed to cream a bird that decided to take a leisurely flight in front of his grill lol.

Oh and remember how I said I'm the Disaster King? Yeah well, get this...
We go into Publix quickly to grab some supplies, I try not to run into little old ladies because of my eye, and we check out and head back to the parking lot.
A big Ford pick up (not even joking, I think it had it out for us) put its trailer hitch right through Chris' front bumper as we were walking out. My jaw dropped as I saw the damage and shook my head as I just officially made Chris' day even worse.

But once again, Chris' attitude was upbeat and calm. I really can not praise him enough because I've read some stories of other members on this site and the way Chris responded would have left them scratching their heads.
Anyways, we finally get back, throw on the driver side headers after some tweaking since the front sensor was short compared to the bung, and eat dinner. My eye left me pretty much useless except for bringing sockets and wrenches to Chris, and around 10:45 we finally finished. 2-10:45. Ladies and Gents, that's what happens when you're the Disaster King.

Chris, you sir are one of a kind. I sincerely can not thank you enough for all you've done in the timeframe of one day. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you, and I will try to keep my disasters to a minimum from now on. You have my eternal gratitude and will gladly help you whenever I can!

Oh and remember how I said I got something in my eye? Yeah, I went to bed last night, praying that all I felt was irritation. Haha, yeah right.
This morning at 6 I was in the ER. Luckily, (something I'm only used to on the bad variety) the doctor located the piece of metal embedded in my eyelid and pulled it out quickly. I scratched my cornea on the top of my eyeball, so my vision's only blurry from the medicine and swelling. I feel a hundred percent better today and will be driving tomorrow :woot:
Then I can install my VMAX ported throttle body and RX Catch Can!

Pictures tomorrow!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #88
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Mina is a no longer the push over she used to be. Before she had a "I might get into trouble" kind of attitude. Now, she's the woman that draws attention, keeps it, and slaps you silly for looking too long

I'll post pictures tomorrow, but let's just say the header install was probably the greatest story ever given on a regular Sunday afternoon...

I was definitely not comfortable doing this install on my own, and I really didn't want to miss the experience of putting these on myself, so I reached out for help...and Chris/GTAHVIT answered my call!

So about 2 o' clock yesterday, my father and I rode down to Chris' house (yes, I drove down there and yes we realized later that it made the cats extremely hot lol) to put on my new Doug Thorley 1 7/8" long tube headers!
My Dad and I had a blast getting the stock ones off the car and shooting the breeze with Chris. Everything was going peachy until...
I got something in my eye. So kids, listen up. DO NOT WRENCH UNDERNEATH YOUR CAR WITHOUT WEARING SAFETY GLASSES!
At first I figured it was just some dirt, so I tried to wash it out with some water and just let it sit while we kept going. My eye became more and more irritated as the day went on, but I just chalked it up to not getting sleep and swimming in the ocean the day before. Silly, I know, but I wanted those headers on so bad I just did my best to bear through it.

Anyways, when we succeeded in getting the stock ones off, we attempted to put together my connection pipes and the LT headers. And that began a day of searching and troubleshooting :(
You see, either by mishap or flawed design, DT put in bolts for the headers and connection pipe flanges that were too small. There was absolutely no way for me to even get one side started without being able to complete the other side. And because we started the install on a Sunday, no one was able to help us at DT or Southwest Speed. But Chris' great attitude continued to rub off on me and he came up with the idea that we should just go into town and grab longer bolts.
So we did--kinda. You see, I always joke that I am the Disaster King. Murphy's Law was a concept that they actually just stole from me and named it after themselves because I'm that unlucky lol.
We went to the nearest Home Depot and the employee told us that the bolts we were looking for, fine thread, they no longer carried. And while this is all happening my eye is getting worse and worse. So, out of the kindness of his heart, Chris graciously drives my Dad and I back to our house and the Lowe's nearby, to grab the bolts we need. When we get there, we discover that they still don't have the bolts we're looking for. Before despair could set in and I was imagining the shame of still driving with my stock headers, Chris had a great idea. Since the fine thread bolts were only to match up the nuts that came with it...why didn't we just buy new bolts and nuts that would fit?!

Let me just reiterate that Chris, is honestly the best and coolest guy around. OF ALL TIME.

So at this point, I've taken the header install way late and I'm invited for dinner (which I will pay you back for! No ifs, ands, or buts about it!) and we head over to the local Publix to grab hamburger buns and cheese.
Chris takes me for a little whirlwind tour in THR #22 on the way to Publix and shows me the absolute difference suspension mods make. Oh and a supercharger of course. We also managed to cream a bird that decided to take a leisurely flight in front of his grill lol.

Oh and remember how I said I'm the Disaster King? Yeah well, get this...
We go into Publix quickly to grab some supplies, I try not to run into little old ladies because of my eye, and we check out and head back to the parking lot.
A big Ford pick up (not even joking, I think it had it out for us) put its trailer hitch right through Chris' front bumper as we were walking out. My jaw dropped as I saw the damage and shook my head as I just officially made Chris' day even worse.

But once again, Chris' attitude was upbeat and calm. I really can not praise him enough because I've read some stories of other members on this site and the way Chris responded would have left them scratching their heads.
Anyways, we finally get back, throw on the driver side headers after some tweaking since the front sensor was short compared to the bung, and eat dinner. My eye left me pretty much useless except for bringing sockets and wrenches to Chris, and around 10:45 we finally finished. 2-10:45. Ladies and Gents, that's what happens when you're the Disaster King.

Chris, you sir are one of a kind. I sincerely can not thank you enough for all you've done in the timeframe of one day. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you, and I will try to keep my disasters to a minimum from now on. You have my eternal gratitude and will gladly help you whenever I can!

Oh and remember how I said I got something in my eye? Yeah, I went to bed last night, praying that all I felt was irritation. Haha, yeah right.
This morning at 6 I was in the ER. Luckily, (something I'm only used to on the bad variety) the doctor located the piece of metal embedded in my eyelid and pulled it out quickly. I scratched my cornea on the top of my eyeball, so my vision's only blurry from the medicine and swelling. I feel a hundred percent better today and will be driving tomorrow :woot:
Then I can install my VMAX ported throttle body and RX Catch Can!

Pictures tomorrow!

Thanks very much for the kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you and your Dad.

I was glad to help you and I'm sure you'd do the same if roles were reversed.

I'm glad you enjoyed the ride in THR22. But I have to confess... I think Mina sounds meaner than THR22... She's certainly louder...

No worries about the fender bender. May give me the excuse I need to get the ZL1 front fascia....

I'm very glad to hear that your eye is feeling better.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #89
Lycanine

No disaster stories today folks, I managed to install my catch can, my ported throttle body and breather cap today! All before the storm came too I'll post some pictures tomorrow
Man it sounds gooooooooooood
Old 06-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #90
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Old 06-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #91
Lycanine

Pics!
Name:  Catch Can.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  32.5 KB

Name:  enginebay.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  32.2 KB

Name:  enginebay2.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  41.2 KB

Name:  enginebay3.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  139.1 KB

Name:  enginebay4.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  30.1 KB

Name:  enginebay5.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  30.1 KB

Name:  NewvOldTB.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  29.7 KB

Name:  oldtb.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  31.2 KB

Name:  RXTB.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  53.1 KB

Mina's new growl

Last edited by Lycanine; 06-06-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Lycanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #92
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Old 06-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #93
Lycanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Did I embed the video right?
And how's the repair looking?
Old 06-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #94
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
Did I embed the video right?
And how's the repair looking?
video looks good.

I'll get the estimate tomorrow... as it is right now it looks like a ZL1 front fascia may be in the cards... We'll see.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #95
Lycanine

Excerpt from Book :)

I've been working on and off with my book for quite awhile now (like three years ), it tends to get bogged down during the school year since I can't really focus on it without letting my grades slip. I'm just not that great at multi-tasking lol.

Anyways, I wanted to write my car into it. It probably won't make the final cut, but just wanted to share!

He could feel his brow swelling. Grit from the asphalt rubbed into the lacerations on his cheek and split lips. All he wanted, was to be done running.
Slowly, Toby opened his eyes to see a much different landscape than the shadowy and undulating world from before he was thrown. The darkness was spread apart by two paths of light. Despite their open ends, the image of halos seared into Toby's retinas as pure circles of light. It was guaranteed to cause some lasting damage, but considering the timing it wasn't unpleasant. Toby welcomed the sudden addition of light to the darkness around him. Mainly, because he knew It didn't enjoy the light.

He had seen these headlights before--dark, powerful, sleek and aggressive--the car behind them had carved up the roads near his house on several occasions. Its roar was victorious, a recognizable shockwave that scattered shadows and shook streetlights. Its driver was hidden behind a dark tint, and although he was no vigilante fearing recognition, the neighborhood knew nothing of who he might be than they did this elusive car.
The color was smooth, transitioning from each dark body line to the next as a stealthy cat might slink from one branch to the shadowed bark of another. But from his memories, that was the only way in which this car could be compared to a simple feline. The lunge of the car was a vicious acceleration that made all other car launches look like the way a house cat might pounce on a toy mouse.
Less than a year ago, Toby had been out for an evening jog on a late March evening. The heat from the day had all but released from the tarmac and the crisp, savory taste of the air was at its peak flavor. Breathing was more satisfying than his mother's patstitsio Attribute it to his imagination, or self-delusion, but Toby often imagined his feet rising with that last escape of snaking heat. His feet gliding on thermals as an eagle may rise in a slowly ascending circle.
It was in this moment--the freedom between strides--that he first witnessed the "lunge".
Coming around a corner, the car's body filling the inside stretch of a narrow pass, its wheels were much like Toby at the moment--seemingly weightless and between strides. Yet to emerge from the shadows of the night, the car moved like a phantom on the empty street.
Then, the wheels "bit".
Much like the variety of animals, there's a correlation to the aggressiveness of the animal to its perceived power as it moves. A sophisticated car would compare to the stealthy moves mentioned before, but this car was no more fit for "slinking" than it was fit for "country touring". While it moved like a predator from the jungles of South America, a "stalking shadow", it revealed its true nature at the "bite".
The leap and lunge is familiar to many muscle car enthusiasts. The generation of immense torque being thrown to the rear wheels, clawing at the pavement for some semblance of traction. The acceleration of a true muscle car is a wild, barely controllable, launch that showcases the best in American spirit. A proud, strong display of craftsmanship and
power. While a sophisticated car would seem stealthy, its power humble in its display--the muscle car's power is often paired with the image of a destructive beast for this very lunge. Nothing about the way this car moves gives an impression of culture--the thrill, the adrenaline behind these cars are primal. It is the desire within all men to harness power that draws both young and old alike to it.
The car's rear end broke loose at the sight of the straightaway ahead and in nothing more than a half-drawn breath the car surged out of the shadows into amber of the streetlights and off into the next pocket of shadows along the deserted road.
But that moment, that leap, was forever seared into Toby's eye--the possible beginning of this memory now--the beast throwing its hood towards the sky, its front wheels skirting the ground. Its brief time in the light revealed its make and color--metallic flakes embedded in a dark blue shone from the darkness, piercing his eyes, along with a sharp glint of a metal bow tie.
Toby's right foot caught the ground as his head swarmed with memories of his father--this was a dark blue Camaro much like his father's, newer but eerily reminiscent--and something pumped through his heart as its wheels carried it off into the night. The slight hesitation before it roared into third, the squat and renewed lunge as the wheels spun again--Toby ached for his lost father as the night air around him, what had been savory and filling before, forced him back into the cooling ground that had seemed so far below him previously.

Laying on the ground, still blinded but safe in the headlight's defensive glow, Toby pushed himself up onto his knees. A string of blood and saliva stretched to the small pool of blood below.
Slowly, the intense swatch of light moved from his face and passed to the right of his body. Panic swept over him as the bright light continued to pass over him and the car revved against the night.
"No, don't go..."
Toby reached out a tired and heavy hand to the car as he heard it idling nearby.

The pop of a door was barely audible against the lope of the car's V-8.

"Son. Get in."

....end of excerpt
Old 07-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #96
Lycanine

Took the car to Doc at EFI Alchemy in Green Cove Springs, FL. Here's the numbers from the Dyno pull
Name:  001.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  121.6 KB
The car is fantastic where it is, but I'd love to get into the 400s, even just to break 400. But! That'll have to be a next year mod lol.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #97
Lycanine

So I managed to guess one off on the last ZL1 MY for 2012 and the lovely, amazing, super, super awesome Becky D sent me this box of goodies!
I seriously can't thank you enough Becky, this is just too good to be true!
Name:  2012-07-11 16.18.05.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  42.5 KB

Name:  2012-07-11 16.18.18.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  76.1 KB

Name:  2012-07-11 16.18.28.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  83.9 KB

Name:  2012-07-11 16.19.15.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  63.9 KB

Name:  2012-07-11 16.19.53.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  129.4 KB

Name:  2012-07-11 16.47.51.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  108.4 KB

Name:  2012-07-11 16.51.39.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  183.9 KB

Name:  2012-07-11 16.55.26.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  153.6 KB

Name:  2012-07-11 16.55.45.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  86.0 KB

Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #98
Lycanine

Hey guys, long time no see...so I've run into a huge problem lately. Over Christmas I was rear-ended and took my car into Progressive off Atlantic to have it fixed. When I got it back from the paint shop I noticed dimples and pieces of grit that were painted into my back bumper. I brought it back to them to fix and they touched it up with touch-up paint and then scratched my bumper on top of that. So I brought it back to them a third time and they took it to a different shop. This time around I had the worst luck in the world...late Saturday night about two weeks ago, a drunk guy at IHOP across from the body shop decided to strip naked outside the restaurant, sprint across the street, and then dove through the glass door to the body shop. The glass sprayed all over my car and left scratches everywhere. I swear, this isn't a joke.
So I talked to the owner of Auto World on Atlantic and he swore to me that he'd take great care of my car and make sure it was done right this time around.
I went to pick up my car yesterday and the same kind of dimples and little bumps were all over the back bumper again. There were some on the front too, where they repainted it for me as a favor, but the shop owner said it was because of my rock chips.

So here's my conundrum. Am I being too picky? The supervisor said, "it's the human element--you'll get this with any paint job". I think that's a load of crap, but when it's your baby in the shop I guess you freak out more than usual. If anyone has been through this and can offer me advice I greatly appreciate it. I really don't know what I can even do at this point.

Tags
custom paint, florida, imperial blue metallic, painted interior trim, southwest speed