Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #29
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Looks great.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #30
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Thursday seems like a long time away, LOL

I'll have about a three hours ride home so it should be all good
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #31
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Just an fyi... PQ and I both have 315s for rear tires. They look great, imho.
That is the size I have been looking at, wider seems better, just got to find the right wheels at the right price I guess. I pm'd IPS about the brake lines and haven't heard back from them which is kinda odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yer gunna luv uht.

I know I do. And you will have fun testing it out too.
I sure hope I do, but I don't thiek you would "Steer" me wrong, LOL
Old 08-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #32
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
That is the size I have been looking at, wider seems better, just got to find the right wheels at the right price I guess. I pm'd IPS about the brake lines and haven't heard back from them which is kinda odd.
IPS is moving into a new shop right now. IPS Brandon usually checks his pms on weekdays. You can always call them on Monday.They are usually VERY good about responding.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #33
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Maybe he was busy this week, and will get with me early next week. I can then have Vengeance install that when I go
Old 09-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #34
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

OK Folks the next round of Mods have been completed by Vengenace Racing. I had the Pfadt Trailing arms, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt front and rear sway bars with end links, IPS stainless steel brake lines, MGW Short Throw Shifter, and Borla ATAK axleback ( from T and T Performance ) was installed. Here are a few pics that Vengeance took at their shop.

A couple of opinions on the things that I had installed.

Pfadt Suspension - After talking with PQ and Darth Emma I decided to to go with the suspension upgrades. After driving 3 hours home this is absolutely a great mod even for the regular guys and gals. I do not see any drop off in ride quality, like I had heard before. It handles extremely well, especially on curvy country roads, probably the most aggressive driving I will do.

I probably bugged Blair and Aaron from Pfadt too many times but they answered every question I had about the suspension upgrades and I really appreciate the advice, patience, and great product they provided.

IPS Brandon - Stainless steel brake lines. Brandon was great to work with on this. Emma helped me with getting in touch with Brandon becuase they were moving but he quickly got the parts on the way and they arrived when they were supposed to and they do increase the braking feel of the car.

I have not done any tests as to the benefits but they do feel better.

MGW Short Throw Shifter - I really didn't know what to expect from a short throw shifter since I never had one, but I can tell you that this shifter is GREAT. Shifts are precise and solid. There are no missed shifts with this shifter and it is absolutely a must mod in my opinion.

Borla ATAK Axleback - Let's see........... Well this exhaust is more than I thought it would be. It sounds absolutely great when going through the gears but that is where it ends. This exhaust has ALOT of drone in 6th gear. At 75 MPH I usually run about 1800 rpms and the drone is really annoying to say the least. Don't really know if I will keep it on at this point, running around town is great but on the interstate it is not good, like I said tooooo much drone.
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #35
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Nice. I really like the lowered look on your RJT. How much is it lowered?

I plan to do all that stuff you just did sometime after my supercharger install.

It's looking real good. I never noticed you had the SS windshield untill now, I ave on eon mine too

Also how does the MGW shifter feel??
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #36
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Looks great lowered.

When I see one that isn't lowered it just looks funny to me now.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #37
tkrupinski
Hugger Orange

Drives: 2010 Hugger Orange 2SS/ RS YSI/4l80
Quote:
Vengeance ( Ron) really have treated me great. They fixed my car and it runs great now, but just have to save money for the S/C.

Been looking at wheels. What do ya'll think of these?
Wheels are killer and realy like the floor matts "gotta get me some of those"
tkrupinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #38
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Looks excellent lowered. Dr. Jkel is a madman...
Old 09-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #39
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
Looking good, you got it track ready now with all your up-grades..R U going to the MTI Fun Fest this year??
Old 09-09-2010, 07:24 AM   #40
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post
Nice. I really like the lowered look on your RJT. How much is it lowered?

RJT. I am not real sure but I believe that the front is lowered 1" and the rear is lowered 1.25", I can tell you that it rides great. I did not lose any ride quality at all.

The MGW Shifter is Awesome. It has short throws and postive shifts. I kept the stock knob to retain kinda the stock look, I was really surprised at how much I like it. I would highly recommend it to anyne wanting to change shifter. I took them a little bit to install, probably about an hour and a half. I wouldn't want to try it in the driveway

Also how does the MGW shifter feel??
It's looking real good. I never noticed you had the SS windshield untill now, I ave on eon mine too

I put the SS on shortly after I bought it. Just a little added touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Looks great lowered.

When I see one that isn't lowered it just looks funny to me now.

I really like the look of it being lowered, I think when I get some 22's it will even look better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrupinski View Post
Wheels are killer and realy like the floor matts "gotta get me some of those"

The floor mats are great, real durable. They are Lloyds mats. Although I have the trunk mat, I really like the way Emma did hers. Looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Looks excellent lowered. Dr. Jkel is a madman...
Thanks, Just an everyday guy, lol, before I transform

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's maro View Post
Looking good, you got it track ready now with all your up-grades..R U going to the MTI Fun Fest this year??
Michael, I appreciate it. I am thinking about going to the MTI Fun Fest, but 89.00?????? I may be a spectator. I remember last year it killed my tires the few warm up laps I did. I think that there is a meeting the night before at a couple of eating places and I may go to that also.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #41
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:

I put the SS on shortly after I bought it. Just a little added touch.

I really like the look of it being lowered, I think when I get some 22's it will even look better.

The floor mats are great, real durable. They are Lloyds mats. Although I have the trunk mat, I really like the way Emma did hers. Looks great.

Thanks, Just an everyday guy, lol, before I transform

Michael, I appreciate it. I am thinking about going to the MTI Fun Fest, but 89.00?????? I may be a spectator. I remember last year it killed my tires the few warm up laps I did. I think that there is a meeting the night before at a couple of eating places and I may go to that also.
Cool thanks for the answers. I was thinking of a short throw, but haven't found one yet just looking around. But now I am considering the MGW
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #42
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post
Cool thanks for the answers. I was thinking of a short throw, but haven't found one yet just looking around. But now I am considering the MGW
I really don't think you would be disappointed with the MGW, probably one of the best mods I have done so far, it is that good.