Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 04-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
J&R Performance (Phoenix, AZ) = AMAZING!!!

Okay, for those of you guys that are in the Phoenix, AZ area, I just have to say that you guys are so lucky to have an AMAZING shop near you guys!

I had the honor of having my 2010 Camaro SS L99 serviced by the excellent people of J&R Performance. Yes, I am from Southern California and there are plenty of shops that are much closer to me, but when I became aware that Rick and Joe started up J&R Performance:

At that point, it was just a matter of finding a way to get my car out there. Luckily, another SoCal member, tribone already had his car at J&R Performance. We decided on driving out there to drop off my car and pick up his car for the drive back. It was more like J&R Performance saying:

It felt weird knowing that I would be without my car for a while, but tribone provided comfort (tribone on the left, me on the right):

It was only a matter of time before my dumb co-workers would make snide remarks, such as “Oh, you decided to get a better car” or “Haha, you found out your car is slower than mine.” After telling them “If you think your car has even a slight chance at racing against mine, you should have bought a car with balls. But you are what you drive.” Followed by:

Finally, I was able to get my car out to J&R Performance. They have such a clean shop and everything is nice and tidy and easy to find for them. Plenty of space for the Camaro to fit in nicely without having to worry about it getting damaged.

At J&R Performance, I had a set of Texas Speed 1 7/8 Long tube headers installed, as well as a Lingenfelter 160 thermostat. I also had them perform a rear differential service and anything else they deemed necessary. They did find during the header install that my spark plugs and wires were basically toast, so they replaced them all. After a few days of tuning, Rick let me know that my car was ready.

I had to call in sick at work, so when I did, I was hoping that my boss wouldn’t answer. So when the call went to VM:

I also had to tell the gf that I wouldn’t be able to hang out with her. My face when I began the conversation with her:

After a 5 ½ hour drive, we made it out to J&R Performance. They explained to me everything that they did to my car and then gave me the keys. OH BOY did they do a great job on it! I was able to do some quick launches but I thought I saw a cop car in the distance, so I had to let off the gas. Rick even asked why I let off the gas. When I told him why, his reaction (Rick on the left, me on the right):

We decided to have lunch and we took the car on the freeway where I had a bit more liberty to mess around with it. It’s SO responsive and quick and I just have to attribute those characteristics to the way it was tuned. When we got to Texas Roadhouse, Rick asked me what I thought of the driveability. The conversation went something like this (Rick on the right, me on the left):

After having “the meal of the God’s” at Texas Roadhouse, it was time to drive back home. This is where I had the most fun with my car. Nice stretch of open road on the I-10 fwy where I could really get on it.

I felt like getting out of my car and doing this because of how good the tune from J&R Performance was:

Finally, I made it home and told my sister (who lives in Japan) of how great the car runs now. Her reaction:

I’ve had my car worked on in the past, and this is definitely not a knock on their work, but I have to say that I am MORE than pleased with J&R Performance’s service. My car would not be running the way it is now without Rick and Joe’s excellent work:

And

Now when someone asks me how my car is running, I can say:

If ever need anything else done to my car, I will definitely be making the drive out to see them again!
Old 04-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Yes, they are amazing. I drove up from tucson for them, and they took excellent care of my baby. They will be getting tons of future business from me, I have the mod bug now.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Okay, for those of you guys that are in the Phoenix, AZ area, I just have to say that you guys are so lucky to have an AMAZING shop near you guys!

I had the honor of having my 2010 Camaro SS L99 serviced by the excellent people of J&R Performance. Yes, I am from Southern California and there are plenty of shops that are much closer to me, but when I became aware that Rick and Joe started up J&R Performance:

If ever need anything else done to my car, I will definitely be making the drive out to see them again!
All I have to say is "I told you so!"

I'm glad you like it hermano.

Here is something I live by

Name:  juance.JPG
Views: 2632
Size:  30.7 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
Yes, they are amazing. I drove up from tucson for them, and they took excellent care of my baby. They will be getting tons of future business from me, I have the mod bug now.
Did I hear "mod bug"?

At least you know where you can go now.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
All I have to say is "I told you so!"

I'm glad you like it hermano.

Here is something I live by

Attachment 619280

Did I hear "mod bug"?

Yeah, but...

Nevermind...yes, you were right hermano!
Old 04-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #5
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Quote:

Did I hear "mod bug"?

Real bad, the fest is only going to make it worse.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
tribone
Searchin' ....

Quote:
Real bad, the fest is only going to make it worse.
Welcome to the club! All I wanted was an exhaust and maybe a CAI..... look at me now

-Guillermo
My Pictures
Old 04-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #7
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Quote:
Welcome to the club! All I wanted was an exhaust and maybe a CAI..... look at me now
Well it's been 5 years already all warranty is gone. So it's on now.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #8
tribone
Searchin' ....

Quote:
Well it's been 5 years already all warranty is gone. So it's on now.
Name:  tumblr_lbonwgKmCm1qawcvb.jpg
Views: 2327
Size:  25.3 KB

-Guillermo
My Pictures
Old 04-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #9
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Old 04-25-2014, 10:53 PM   #10
wocampb

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE BRM, '12 Cruze LT 6M
Rick and Joe do some amazing work! Getting ready to drop my car off with them in the next week or two.
4B00 - 10/30/13
Arrived at dealer - 11/12/13
Arrived in my garage - 11/15/13
SLP Supercharger, SLP headers, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 1in Hotchkis Springs, SLP Cold-Air Intake, Painted Chrome Strip, Painted Rear Valance, and more to come soon.
wocampb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #11
RED10LS

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS Silver
Rick and Joe are great guys, They did a tune on my V6 Camaro and it runs like a raped Ape!!! I would definatly recomend them to eveyone.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #12
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocampb View Post
Rick and Joe do some amazing work! Getting ready to drop my car off with them in the next week or two.
You're definitely going to be glad you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED10LS View Post
Rick and Joe are great guys, They did a tune on my V6 Camaro and it runs like a raped Ape!!! I would definatly recomend them to eveyone.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:17 AM   #13
wocampb

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE BRM, '12 Cruze LT 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
You're definitely going to be glad you did!
I've known Rick since he moved out here, he worked on my last Camaro and has worked on the new one as well. I don't trust anyone else working on my car but him.
4B00 - 10/30/13
Arrived at dealer - 11/12/13
Arrived in my garage - 11/15/13
SLP Supercharger, SLP headers, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 1in Hotchkis Springs, SLP Cold-Air Intake, Painted Chrome Strip, Painted Rear Valance, and more to come soon.
wocampb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:28 PM   #14
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
Do they have a website?
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote