Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #29
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 880 View Post
Stock no problem.

Let's see what he does to his 2.0T....and maybe he has AWD.
Yep, the 2.0 EB Fusion is AWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Actually the 4 cylinder ecoboost in the Fusion is supposed to be like a V6, the 6 cylinder in the Taurus and F-150 is supposed to be like a V8.
Hey, don't forget the V6 EcoBoost Flex!! Our Flex is pushing about 500 HP, with just a tune, methanol and an axle back exhaust...

Here's the Fusion that MRT did for SEMA last year:

It's a very nice car... the 2.0 EB gets it around town ok, but that's about it.....

Now, the 2.0 EB in the Focus ST... That's a different story! I picked one of those up in October! WOOHOO! What a fun car! It however is more of a twisty car than a straight line car!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #30
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDLIFECRISIS View Post
I'm waiting for the Camaro SS vs. Nissan Juke thread! Please, a Fusion is a joke!
vs. Nissan Juke R (http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...drive-review)?
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #31
Neal@NitrousOutlet.com

Drives: The Blue Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Yep, the 2.0 EB Fusion is AWD.

Hey, don't forget the V6 EcoBoost Flex!! Our Flex is pushing about 500 HP, with just a tune, methanol and an axle back exhaust...

Here's the Fusion that MRT did for SEMA last year:

It's a very nice car... the 2.0 EB gets it around town ok, but that's about it.....

Now, the 2.0 EB in the Focus ST... That's a different story! I picked one of those up in October! WOOHOO! What a fun car! It however is more of a twisty car than a straight line car!
Not all the EB 2.0 fusions are AWD. My brother is getting his wife a Platinum EB 2.0. They are deciding on the AWD option before they order it.

I was under the impression that the ST is the same motor in the fusion just a little bit of tweaks to it but i might be wrong.

I am ready to put the fusion up again my DD S60R when they get it. Should be a close race since the fusion will be a little lighter.
Neal@NitrousOutlet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #32
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet.com View Post
Not all the EB 2.0 fusions are AWD. My brother is getting his wife a Platinum EB 2.0. They are deciding on the AWD option before they order it.

I was under the impression that the ST is the same motor in the fusion just a little bit of tweaks to it but i might be wrong.

I am ready to put the fusion up again my DD S60R when they get it. Should be a close race since the fusion will be a little lighter.
My bad... was thinking the Fusion was more like the SHO/Flex where you could only get the EB with AWD.... d'oah.. usually check things before I open my mouth...

Yeah, i think the 2.0 is pretty much the same between the Fusion and ST... just the ST is a bit lighter and only comes with a manual transmission... So it gets a little bit more power to the ground then an Automatic AWD Fusion...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #33
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
I traded a 2010 Fusion sport AWD in on my 2011 Silverado. The sport was a 3.5l v6 with 267 hp. Went okay, but no match for an SS.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #34
Neal@NitrousOutlet.com

Drives: The Blue Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
My bad... was thinking the Fusion was more like the SHO/Flex where you could only get the EB with AWD.... d'oah.. usually check things before I open my mouth...

Yeah, i think the 2.0 is pretty much the same between the Fusion and ST... just the ST is a bit lighter and only comes with a manual transmission... So it gets a little bit more power to the ground then an Automatic AWD Fusion...
They need to make a 6 speed AWD fusion 3.5L ecoboost. I would replace the R with that in a heart beat!
Neal@NitrousOutlet.com is offline   Reply With Quote