Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #15
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
If you really want it, you will be able to do it yourself. Getting a linear electric motor and the other hardware won't be all that expensive. It would be more difficult for the average Joe to make the system smart enough to stop when it is fully open then stop again when its fully closed. Getting it to apply the proper force to raise it but not slam it open, then to lower it gently and be able to latch it would be more tricky. It can all be done, the question is why would you?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #16
ckellyme3

Drives: 1986 IROC 406 stroker
I dont really think I need to add this but this has to be the dumbest question ever asked about the camaro.

My scheme

ckellyme3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #17
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckellyme3 View Post
I dont really think I need to add this but this has to be the dumbest question ever asked about the camaro.
Possibly, but only because he called it a tailgate instead of a trunklid. Other than that, it is a neat 'gee whiz' feature, it just doesn't suit a Camaro
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #18
ckellyme3

Drives: 1986 IROC 406 stroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Possibly, but only because he called it a tailgate instead of a trunklid. Other than that, it is a neat 'gee whiz' feature, it just doesn't suit a Camaro
Come on man. A tailgate lift?? The trunk of a sports car seriously cannot weigh over 10lbs and thats pushing it. Plus all trunks already have those little hydrolic lifts when you open it up 2 further assist in opening it. Who in their right mind would even wonder if the camaro would come with it?? Trust me, it was the dumbest I've ever heard.

My scheme

ckellyme3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #19
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
But they want to sell Camaro's to daily drivers. That means running to the store and hitting the remote. It would be a good option but of course not needed for the LS or non RS.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #20
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
But they want to sell Camaro's to daily drivers. That means running to the store and hitting the remote. It would be a good option but of course not needed for the LS or non RS.
This was kinda the point I was getting at, thanks . And yes there is no question that the trunk is easy to open/close from the outside, and like I said before I cannot think of a situation where a power trunk open/close is necessary on a car, and the only reason I can think of justifying one on an SUV is if the person is too short to reach the top of the hatch. But to me it is just something that adds to the "coolness factor" of the car. Now obviously many of you don't agree, but I know lots of people that like this feature who are not that interested in cars, and I think it would be smart of GM to appeal to these people who may currently think the Camaro is only for rough and tough people with few comfort features. Of course GM needs to first please the enthusiasts (you guys), but you must see GM can't sell 100,000 of these cars a year for a few years just to enthusiasts. Sorry for the "stupid question", but I think if this car is to survive for another few generations it needs to appeal to a larger group of people.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #21
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I'm not knocking your idea but can you name any other car in this price range that has this feature?
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #22
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It won't be on the Camaro.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote