Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #15
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
I was upset that my car had damage but, My dealer took care of it I'm satisfied, shit happens that's life
Old 05-06-2009, 08:29 AM   #16
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Nice to see a balanced / mature view on this stuff

I worked in a previous job as a production quality engineer for very expensive computing solutions - and same stuff applied - i.e we spent massive time and effort on assuring good quality in the manufacturing line and designing really good packaging and then we would see systems with forklift blades through them, systems dropped from backs of trucks etc...

Sadly this is pretty much a fact of life

The factory will take very good care of its "babies" but once it goes out in the world there are a huge number of other factors which come into play.

Main thing is that the cars are repaired good as new as quickly as possible
ClaymoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #17
achalk

Drives: 2SS/RS+GFX/black/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K3SS View Post
GM's QC people aren't letting these cars come out of the factory damaged. QC people aren't the ones saying "oh this one's got only one mirror, it's good to go." These cars were damaged by the people/companies shipping them. A QC check at the factory won't prevent the guy offloading the car from dropping a tie-down chain on a fender, etc. And so far, in each case we've heard about from the guys on here, GM and their dealerships are doing everything in their power to make it right for the customer.
(it's just like when you order something from Amazon.com to be mailed to you, and then the box shows up half crushed. it didn't come from amazon.com or wherever that way, but was damaged by the Postal Service.)
achalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #18
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Sorry, but this thread will change nothing.

Items get damaged in shipping. There is NOTHING you can do about it until after it occurs, because it may never occur. Does it suck? Yeah. Is it GM's fault - absolutely not. This is a DAILY occurrence in commerce.

There will be others, but a 1/10 % is incredibly low.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #19
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Sorry, but this thread will change nothing.

Items get damaged in shipping. There is NOTHING you can do about it until after it occurs, because it may never occur. Does it suck? Yeah. Is it GM's fault - absolutely not. This is a DAILY occurrence in commerce.

There will be others, but a 1/10 % is incredibly low.
I would have to agree with you. But, the tenth of a percent is just the ones we heard about. It will be higher than that but ftmp they do just fine.

For now.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:44 AM   #20
stebog

Drives: Dodge Ram Mega Cab 4x4
Geez, these threads are getting out of hand. It won't be long before someone posts that an 18 year old dude just wrapped his Camaro around a light pole. Then, someone will chime in, "I can't believe GM let this happen, no wonder they're going bankrupt!"

I spilled coffee on my shirt this morning, get me Fritz Henderson or Rick Wagoner's head on a plate NOW!

I know, off topic but this thread should have been locked right after Fireresque and Scott's replies. They got it right.
stebog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #21
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by stebog View Post
It won't be long before someone posts that an 18 year old dude just wrapped his Camaro around a light pole.
Well, at least that would be a solid reason why a car is dead. But having so many problems with an extremely hyped car like this, coming fresh off the line can't be good. Especially in the situation GM is in right now.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #22
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codefive View Post
EIGHT cars .... EIGHT cars out of 8 THOUSAND (NOT counting CFTs)... think about it ... thats really not that bad.

Come on guys, I know it sucks to be THE guy whos care is damaged but seriously, look at the odds, this IS after all the real world and sh*t happens. Lets NOT get on a "GM Bashing Bandwagon" here over such small numbers. If it were 5 or 10% ... I could see being worried but to get your panties in wad over minor damage (mostly due to delivery people who dont even work for GM) ... well ... I just dont think we're being realistic with our expectations here. As for the cars that didnt pass QC, well duh .... thats the whole point of QC! Be glad they caught it, and are fixing it BEFORE you get it instead of having to bring it back and be in a Saturn rental while your friends and neighbors ask "where's your Camaro?"

Well said.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #23
2010cantwait
not waiting anymore

Drives: vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
Well, at least that would be a solid reason why a car is dead. But having so many problems with an extremely hyped car like this, coming fresh off the line can't be good. Especially in the situation GM is in right now.
Like previous posts have said- 8 out of 8000 is GREAT!!!! This wouldn't be in issue at all if it were the Silverado.....
Old 05-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #24
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
This is why you get Jason Statham to transport all the Camaros. Your car will be guaranteed free of any bombs, and broken in. I can't speak for the body condition though..

Off-topic yes, but just wanted to lighten the thread. Seriously. The fact we're hearing about these things and that the numbers are such a small percentage speaks volumes.
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #25
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
Man, that squirrel catapult is absolutely hilarious. I woke up my gf to come see it. I wish there was another camera showing his flight path!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #26
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
It pisses me off when it rains but theres nothing I can do about it and it's really not aanyones fault. Accidents are going to happen. I just wish everyone was like me and never made mistakes.
You're and f'n riot dude !!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #27
Tigerrag24

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
I didnt start this thread as a knock on GM. In fact it wasnt even a knock on the transport company because I realize that things like this happen. I wasnt even upset when I was told about the damage by my General Manager. I knew it would be fixed correctly. Actually the title of the thread was meant to be comical. I thought it would just be away of us "afflicted ones" to make light of (not complain about) our "affliction". I have had to explain and laugh about my missing mirror soooooooo many times in the past 3 days it is unbelievable.
By the way if you need the correct paint codes for your car in the near future and your body shop cant find them, the person for them to contact is the regional GM Accessories Representative. Thats how we found the correct code for my paint. I am going to start a new thread with this information.
So, this was meant to be a thread to "make light" of our misery

Last edited by Tigerrag24; 05-06-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Tigerrag24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #28
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I can assure you that the driver of the transport did not rip the mirror off on purpose.

It's called an accident.

AS to the Duct Tape......

Would you rather that he (or she) left the holes bare so that water could get down into the door and into the speakers and wiring harness?

The driver was thinking and put the tape on there to PROTECT the car from any FURTHER damage.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote