Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #43
skyking650

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet ZL1 - Red/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarovigoa View Post
LMFAO!!! Wow someone is truely upset its hilarious! Bottom line your over priced over rated ''supercar'' can barley hang with cars less than half the price. The funny part about your whole post is you actually think your ''supercar'' is worth 200+K. I tried to be nice but I guess your too mad to see that the video is showing how over rated over priced your car is. Hey keep thinking your car is the best... Whatever helps you sleep better at night. The fact of the matter is you spent over 200+k on a car to get into the 10s, And I spent 65k and I still have 150+k to enjoy myself.
I'm not upset at all....I just have a low tolerance for ignorance and false hero's. So I guess you won't be accepting my challenge then?...LOL I was going to let me 75 year old dad spank you at every dragstrip along the way.

The reality is that this guy took a nice camaro and turned it into a single purpose drag car....and at that it was not even memorable at the event last weekend, just another red car making lackluster passes. He went backwards as his 60k camaro would get eaten alive by 10k mustangs on any saturday night drag events around the country. The Mclaren on the other hand could have turned hard left at the end of the track and continued to make laps around the PBIR road course, without touching anything! And there wouldn't be a chance in hell that this grandpa defaming idiot could even come close. That is the difference in what makes a "supercar". I rest my case.

I only wish that losers such as this guy would have the balls to challenge an opponent before they post their false victories from a test and tune session on the internet. He owns the slower car. Mclaren is sour grapes that he can't reach. Plain and simple.
2012 Mclaren MP4-12C (10.19 @ 137 mph)
2012 SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 2SS/RS Aqua Blue SChrged (12.04 @ 117 mph)
2006 Mercedes SLR Mclaren (10.80 @ 129 mph)
1997 Dodge Viper GTS BTR 750SS ( 9.62 @ 149 mph)
1987 Buick T-Type
2005 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle V-Rod
Citation 500 Jet Airplane
Old 01-29-2014, 08:56 AM   #44
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
I assume someone with a 9 second SS can trash talk both guys, and the LT guy can trash talk the world if he's in 9s.

The internet, it's serious business.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #45
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
This is the first time I have seen the 12C described as overrated. That is an embarrassingly stupid thing to say. Any car can be made fast, but the McLaren is a truly world-class supercar in every single regard.
I know its difficult to understand the fact that a Camaro ZL1 can compete with a Super World Class Famous Best in the World Super CAR, but if you would look at the Video it would make it easier for a man of your intelligence to comprehend.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:03 AM   #46
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
Somebody thinks they actually accomplished something because they have a internet "record". Get off your high horse man, your car is nothing special.
How would you know?
Old 01-29-2014, 09:06 AM   #47
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
^ Dude you can not be that ignorant. I don't believe it. MP4 runs 10s stock, decimates cars well above it's class in handling, braking, and acceleration, and is not a one dimensional car, unlike a car running slicks and skinnies. Actually, I do believe it, you thought it was AWD.

Excellent, I really value your opinion, you really know what your talking about
Old 01-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #48
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking650 View Post
I'm not upset at all....I just have a low tolerance for ignorance and false hero's. So I guess you won't be accepting my challenge then?...LOL I was going to let me 75 year old dad spank you at every dragstrip along the way.

The reality is that this guy took a nice camaro and turned it into a single purpose drag car....and at that it was not even memorable at the event last weekend, just another red car making lackluster passes. He went backwards as his 60k camaro would get eaten alive by 10k mustangs on any saturday night drag events around the country. The Mclaren on the other hand could have turned hard left at the end of the track and continued to make laps around the PBIR road course, without touching anything! And there wouldn't be a chance in hell that this grandpa defaming idiot could even come close. That is the difference in what makes a "supercar". I rest my case.

I only wish that losers such as this guy would have the balls to challenge an opponent before they post their false victories from a test and tune session on the internet. He owns the slower car. Mclaren is sour grapes that he can't reach. Plain and simple.

I know this video must be embarrassing to you, specially after spending all that money in your super duper overrated best in the world car, but if you need a shoulder to cry on I will be there for you. The video speaks for itself, did you see your super duper best in the world car catching up to my not uncomparable Merican car. Admit it buddy you wasted your money!!! Lack Luster passes? Your will always be know for as the super car that got parked by a Merican car less than half the price, that will show you to make better decision in the future. Remember that if your super car wants a better 60 ft then a 1.80 you have to change those super duper tires. You were also talking about false victories, you should really try your best to look at the video, maybe you can learn something. I know it hurts, but reality is tough sometimes, and eventually you will get over it!! Just think that with each post you make, you prove my point every time by defending your overrated super duper car.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #49
Panther009

Drives: 2012 camaro 6.2 supercharged
Nice job
Old 01-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #50
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Old 01-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #51
JambaJuiced

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE AGM
I am still blown away...That is awesome that the other driver was 75!!!!...and still ran mid 10s!!!...

I cant say if anyone has 'wasted' money here...if you have the funds cant hate on any level...its all too rich for my blood and I was only able to afford the 1LE and I am good with it

The McLaren is an amazing car that very few people in the world ever get to see (and I live in Orange County CA!) let alone drive...low 10s on street tires???...and on the track it is probably just a beast...

Still, congrats to the OP in his ZL1 for running consistently running great times!!!...a lot of us Camaro owners can only dream of hitting the 10s...

Hopefully next time the both of you will be able to race side by side...should be some great races!...
Old 01-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #52

Drives: Cadillac on four flats
First off, OP you have an amazing ride that is very capable and to the guy with the 12C, your car is a wet dream and is truly a work of art that is in a league of its own.

Quote:
...McLaren is AWD
You lost all credibility with this post.

Quote:
My intent was to show people out there that Chevrolet did a great job with the ZL1... Its amazing that a 60k American car can compete with a 200+k Supercar.
This is a very misleading post. Yes, Chevy did a great job with the ZL1, but everybody and their mother knows a ZL1 cannot compete with a 12C in every performance metrics. What it should have said was, "My intent was to show people out there that taking a baseline (stock) ZL1 and modding it out to 1320 specs and beating a supercar that was never intended to dominate the 1320."

Quote:
LMFAO!!! Wow someone is truely upset its hilarious! Bottom line your over priced over rated ''supercar'' can barley hang with cars less than half the price. The funny part about your whole post is you actually think your ''supercar'' is worth 200+K. I tried to be nice but I guess your too mad to see that the video is showing how over rated over priced your car is. Hey keep thinking your car is the best... Whatever helps you sleep better at night. The fact of the matter is you spent over 200+k on a car to get into the 10s, And I spent 65k and I still have 150+k to enjoy myself.
The same can be said for your ZL1. Someone can take an old fox body mod it and write the exact same post about your ZL1.

Quote:
I know its difficult to understand the fact that a Camaro ZL1 can compete with a Super World Class Famous Best in the World Super CAR...
Once again, another misleading post.

Quote:
I know this video must be embarrassing to you, specially after spending all that money in your super duper overrated best in the world car, but if you need a shoulder to cry on I will be there for you. The video speaks for itself, did you see your super duper best in the world car catching up to my not uncomparable Merican car. Admit it buddy you wasted your money!!! Lack Luster passes? Your will always be know for as the super car that got parked by a Merican car less than half the price, that will show you to make better decision in the future. Remember that if your super car wants a better 60 ft then a 1.80 you have to change those super duper tires. You were also talking about false victories, you should really try your best to look at the video, maybe you can learn something. I know it hurts, but reality is tough sometimes, and eventually you will get over it!! Just think that with each post you make, you prove my point every time by defending your overrated super duper car.
To be honest, your car is severely one-dimensional. The 12C was on your territory (1320) were you obviously built your ZL1 around and you crossed the finish line first but he still put up a better ET and Trap. Now, take your same car same setup to the 12C's territory (Road-course, AutoX, Race track) and no amount of words I can type here will explain the outcome of that. Matter of fact, by the looks of it, the 12C's original driver would beat you at your own game (1320).

Once again, no disrespect but just stating the obvious here.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:26 AM   #53
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
this thread is so silly....really.

You're bragging about LOSING to a MP4-12C. dont get me wrong, 10.55 is a killer time, but he ran a 10.54. just sayin.

i mean if he knew you guys we're having a grudge match thing thats a different story. personally, when i like up at the track i could care less whats next to me unless it was understood that me and the person next to me we're gonna go at it. otherwise im racing myself, trying to improve my times. i have a feeling that was the situation here...i doubt he was trying to compare his dads Mclaren to your Camaro. lets be realistic here.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #54
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Anyone else think its cool that someone who can own a jet and a supercar and a... also owns a couple of Camaros. Good on you bud, and its very cool you share and let others behind the wheel.

If you ever fly into new orleans and want to trade a plane ride for a trip around the track in the 1LE look me up.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #55
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Anyone else think its cool that someone who can own a jet and a supercar and a... also owns a couple of Camaros. Good on you bud, and its very cool you share and let others behind the wheel.

If you ever fly into new orleans and want to trade a plane ride for a trip around the track in the 1LE look me up.
I do... and he seems like a REALLY cool guy. How many McLaren's do you see at the track and then letting his buddies and 75yr old dad take a stroll down the track. Nice...

The OP can learn from this guy and show a little respect. Talk about digging yourself a hole with some of these LMAO "you're just mad" comments.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #56
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
these recent posts are well done
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)

Closed Thread