Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-10-2015, 03:02 AM   #71
MRREVINTO7

Drives: 14 1Le --14 chevy ss sedan 07shelby
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
I wonder if there are any stick shift Scat Pack owners out there who regret their purchase and wish they had an automatic 6 cylinder Camaro?
LMAO ....NO!!!
MRREVINTO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:06 AM   #72
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
I wonder if there are any stick shift Scat Pack owners out there who regret their purchase and wish they had an automatic 6 cylinder Camaro?
As much as I love my v6^^ you are right

But the Camaro still looks better, so if speed/going fast isnt your thing then I can see why some would say this.

I would probably take the 2016 Camaro V6/i4 over a Challenger RT.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:29 AM   #73
dklowrider

Drives: 2012 1SS, 6spd. many mods 478 rwhp
We bought a 2011 6 cyl. Challenger for my wife awhile back. Had the super sport package which makes a big difference in how those cars drive. That was a great driving car for a road trip. Got just shy of 30 mpg hiway, had plenty of power for normal driving, was comfortable, handled twisties ok, rode nice. It was bought because it was Blackberry Pearl w/twin white stripes trimmed in red, and chrome wheels.

This pic was a car cleaning day right before we got rid of it. Right after getting the Camaro.

dklowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:33 AM   #74
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRREVINTO7 View Post
i just bought a 15 scatpack A8 to replace my 2014 1LE in daily use as i build my 1le to big hp ..1st off only the automatic has dod feature that shuts down 4cyl i get 27.8 mpg on hwy at 71 mph .2nd a v6 camaro vs scatpack 6.4 who in there right mind wouldn't take a 485hp car that pulls .93g on skid pad with active dual mode exhaust brembo brakes 0-60 4.1 and 12.2 114mph out of the showroom over a base camaro ..3rd who rents one and only 1/2 throttles it ..i owned vettes,shelbys,camaros and love them all for different reasons but this car dodge has managed to pull it all together ...my paint is flawless pearl white and interior is very well done along with 8.4 inch connect ..srt race pages and trackpack button with options to change steering to comfort norm or sport ..tune the engine to comfort mode or race mode and the ability to have 3 tracion modes including no torque management ....this is 1 of the best performance values i ever driven or owned and I'm not a dodge fan usually but must say this car is a rocket and it does everything well !!! just my o2
Interesting to hear your perspective. I've never really been a Dodge fan either, but the Challenger sure is compelling. Now that the Camaro and Mustang have gotten smaller I think the Challenger really has some solid advantages for those of us who use these cars as daily drivers. It arguably has similar performance and as much style as the Camaro, but it also has a usuable back seat and trunk. My only complaint about the '16 Camaro is than the backseat and trunk opening got even smaller. In my opinion it went from marginally usefull to almost useless. I really thought they would maintain or even increase legroom. Even the new Camaro is pretty big on the outside, to me a useable rear seat should be doable. I know a lot of people think that the rear seat and trunk in a Camaro doesn't matter, but for people who drive it every day or have kids it does. Otherwise why not get a Vette?

It will be interesting to see what the next gen Challenger does. Of course with Chrysler's track record it could be a long way off if it comes as all.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:37 AM   #75
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
The close up shot of the paint looks like the surface of the moon.
Or the surface of our Camaro.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #76
dklowrider

Drives: 2012 1SS, 6spd. many mods 478 rwhp
My issue isn't the size of the trunk, it's the size of the opening. I had a package one day that appeared to fit the trunk with room to spare. But I couldn't get it through the opening. Had to drop the back seat, stick it through longways, and turn it sideways back into the trunk.
dklowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #77
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
I dont care about gas mileage or the planet!, also why did the previous generations get to enjoy all the nice gas guzzlers while we are being forced into these small shitty engines with FI? Doesn't seem right we have to pay for their wastefulness , GM needs to make a v10 already. Take my money.
So are you saying you would take the S65 V8 over the S55 turbo 6 in your M4?
Old 07-10-2015, 09:43 PM   #78
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I like challengers, I;m just a huge fan of modern muscle now that the Camaro is in the ranks.

lucky you, I wanna drive in one. lol

revived is offline   Reply With Quote