Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #71
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Are you going to use the . Sequential feature or the regular?

I'll run the sequentials at first. We'll see how I like them that way. If I don't I'll change it. From what I can see all you have to do is unplug one wire to make them standard turn signals.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:06 PM   #72
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
I'll run the sequentials at first. We'll see how I like them that way. If I don't I'll change it. From what I can see all you have to do is unplug one wire to make them standard turn signals.
Yes thats it..real simple. It actually has a pretty cool effect when the third brake light slightly comes on first and then the sequential feature afterwards it's definitely noticeable to people behind you
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:42 AM   #73
3rdGenAg2010

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
I thought i would provide an update on this. After not hearing back anything from Phasetek other than "thats just how they are...." They send me this.....

so..... i need to install reflectors with my taillights.... Is this to make them legal or what lol. did anyone else get this in the original box of taillights or did they come later in a seperate shipment.

Note: No way am I going to slap these ugly ass reflectors on the bumper. Seems like a lawyer got involved lol.
3rdGenAg2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:26 AM   #74
Dylan1214

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS L99
So that's why they've been out of stock for week's....

Last edited by Dylan1214; 11-12-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Dylan1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:35 AM   #75
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Yea mine arrived a couple weeks later as well. I think they just decided to provide these as a way to sell the lights legally without have to declare them "for offroad use only". I think I'm going to put mine on the back of my kid's Power Wheels, there's no way in hell they're going on my car. I don't know about other states, but cops around here are not going to enforce that law. I've had about 10 cars with aftermarket tails that had no reflectors and I've never had a cop say anything to me about them. Hell one of them was a murdered out 300C that was lowered with 22" rims and dark tint. That car was a cop magnet so they came up with several ridiculous reasons to pull me over, that was never one of them. lol
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:00 PM   #76
3rdGenAg2010

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Yea mine arrived a couple weeks later as well. I think they just decided to provide these as a way to sell the lights legally without have to declare them "for offroad use only". I think I'm going to put mine on the back of my kid's Power Wheels, there's no way in hell they're going on my car. I don't know about other states, but cops around here are not going to enforce that law. I've had about 10 cars with aftermarket tails that had no reflectors and I've never had a cop say anything to me about them. Hell one of them was a murdered out 300C that was lowered with 22" rims and dark tint. That car was a cop magnet so they came up with several ridiculous reasons to pull me over, that was never one of them. lol
Yeah weird thing is the lights have DOT stamped on them so i wouldn't think the "offroad use only" deal would apply. Who knows.
3rdGenAg2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:37 PM   #77
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
I got a set in my box of tail lights. I talked to J Rod up there and after his opinion decided I wasn't sticking mine on either. They'll just rest in the glove box, just in case.

As an aside I measured an increased delay on the new lights. The control boards add another .3 seconds to the already .3 in the stock lights. I averaged four different activations that came to .64 seconds total.

Here's the long vid

And the short one.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:37 PM   #78
Domo14SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
RESTOCK if anyone was looking for them!
Hoping my experience goes well!

Got some Sequentials from the folks at RGV to match the Smoked Sequential Tails.
Domo14SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:58 PM   #79
Zezima

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
I got a set in my box of tail lights. I talked to J Rod up there and after his opinion decided I wasn't sticking mine on either. They'll just rest in the glove box, just in case.

As an aside I measured an increased delay on the new lights. The control boards add another .3 seconds to the already .3 in the stock lights. I averaged four different activations that came to .64 seconds total.

Here's the long vid

And the short one.

I don't really dig them, I prefer the ones that come with the RS package
Zezima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:40 PM   #80
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGenAg2010 View Post
I thought i would provide an update on this. After not hearing back anything from Phasetek other than "thats just how they are...." They send me this.....

so..... i need to install reflectors with my taillights.... Is this to make them legal or what lol. did anyone else get this in the original box of taillights or did they come later in a seperate shipment.

Note: No way am I going to slap these ugly ass reflectors on the bumper. Seems like a lawyer got involved lol.
i got them in the mail and threw that shit away lol..we get taillights to look more 6th gen ..but they give us . Reflectors that look like a 2010 backup lights....ridiculous
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:13 PM   #81
grandpamike

Drives: 2014 2lt rs
installed mine today. does anyone know what all the other connections are for? there are a few more wires with connectors attached to the lights.
grandpamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:32 AM   #82
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpamike View Post
installed mine today. does anyone know what all the other connections are for? there are a few more wires with connectors attached to the lights.
There are connectors for both RS and non-RS wiring, just use the ones for your car and tuck the others away as they will not be used.
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:41 PM   #83
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
I also installed the Hero Taillights, that delay is closer to 1 sec. I have a feeling they put the load resistors in the wrong place in the circuit, causing the delay - I fixed this by buying micro red led strip , placing them on the upper portion of the Lights and wiring them to the third brake light. I now have Brake lights that come on immediately and a second brake light shortly after, which I like, makes the driver behind more aware of your Brake lights- sorry no pictures,my camera wont load on computer
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:59 PM   #84
Domo14SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Got around to installing mine.

Have to say, that Delay may be a bit long, but they look soo much better than Stock!

Will just have to do what I can to give people behind me enough time to stop.
Attached Images

Domo14SS is offline   Reply With Quote