Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-16-2019, 10:14 PM   #1
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Window Sticker for 2017 SS

Guys, friend of mine here in N.E. Ms. just bought a loaded 2017 SS, M6, 2LT, every option you could get except sunroof, less than 5K miles. Garnet Red Tint Coat like my Son's RS V6. He took my son and I for a ride this afternoon and got rubber in the 1st three gears very easily. He let me drive it, (1st manual since my 70 SS 396 Chevelle in 1987). My son and I were grinning from ear to ear. Now to the point, dealer here in Ms did a nationwide search and found this car of his dreams in Pa., (Doesn't know the dealer name but it has an apple emblem on the rear and has an apple tag in the trunk - may not relate to dealer). He has all the paperwork except the window sticker and would like a copy. How can he get the sticker? BTW: He had a 67 SS Camaro back in the day and is happy to have a 50th year model. Appreciate the help.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:51 PM   #2
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
The Chevy local dealer should be able to order another window sticker from the VIN number.
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:38 AM   #3
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Ask the dealer for a copy. I bought mine 500 miles away, called them up and they ordered a replacement and mailed it to me.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:11 AM   #4
Kevin_S17

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Vert Summit White
My dealer got me a replacement as well. I only had to ask.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:35 AM   #5
MR2620

Drives: 2017 ZL1 - Hyper Blue
Are you guys talking to sales to get these? I tried to get one from the dealer that originally sold mine and kept getting passed to different departments. Everybody I spoke with said it was a different department and they had no clue how to help.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
MR2620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:16 AM   #6
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
Guys, friend of mine here in N.E. Ms. just bought a loaded 2017 SS, M6, 2LT, every option you could get except sunroof, less than 5K miles. Garnet Red Tint Coat like my Son's RS V6. He took my son and I for a ride this afternoon and got rubber in the 1st three gears very easily. He let me drive it, (1st manual since my 70 SS 396 Chevelle in 1987). My son and I were grinning from ear to ear. Now to the point, dealer here in Ms did a nationwide search and found this car of his dreams in Pa., (Doesn't know the dealer name but it has an apple emblem on the rear and has an apple tag in the trunk - may not relate to dealer). He has all the paperwork except the window sticker and would like a copy. How can he get the sticker? BTW: He had a 67 SS Camaro back in the day and is happy to have a 50th year model. Appreciate the help.
When my SS came in the window sticker had a spot on the corner so I wanted a extra one, the dealer placed the order and it took about 2 weeks to come in. I think it has to be ordered by the original dealership that the car was originally sent and done within the first year. Don’t hold me to that but thought that is what I was told.

PS: no such thing as a SS 2LT.. it would be a 2SS
Old 03-17-2019, 07:22 AM   #7
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
You aren't clear whether you want an original window sticker or the info that was on it. If you want an original GM sticker that may be tough, but you can get all the information that was on the sticker here https://monroneylabels.com/ for $8. I bought my 17 Camaro used and wanted to check all the options it came with, and someone on this forum suggested the site. I was sceptical and thought it might be a scam site that just gave generic information based on the model and trim level, but the information was specific to my VIN and accurate.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:23 AM   #8
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
You aren't clear whether you want an original window sticker or the info that was on it. If you want an original GM sticker that may be tough, but you can get all the information that was on the sticker here https://monroneylabels.com/ for $8. I bought my 17 Camaro used and wanted to check all the options it came with, and someone on this forum suggested the site. I was sceptical and thought it might be a scam site that just gave generic information based on the model and trim level, but the information was specific to my VIN and accurate.
Actually he is clear, see quote from original post “all the paperwork except the window sticker and would like a copy. How can he get the sticker?”
Old 03-17-2019, 09:19 AM   #9
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Usually the dealership who first took receipt of the car would have easy access to that info. I believe you can find that when you do a VIN search.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:14 AM   #10
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Within the first 2 yrs, it's available. After that GM purges them.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #11
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Actually he is clear, see quote from original post “all the paperwork except the window sticker and would like a copy. How can he get the sticker?”
Sorry, but still not clear. You are assuming what 'copy' means.

Someone might want an EXACT copy of the window sticker, meaning it looks like a Xerox copy of the one that came with the new car. The Monroney lable I ordered is not an exact copy of the window sticker, but it does list the correct information. I did not want to mislead anyone that they would be getting something that looks like an original window sticker.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 03:37 PM   #12
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
Sorry, but still not clear. You are assuming what 'copy' means.

Someone might want an EXACT copy of the window sticker, meaning it looks like a Xerox copy of the one that came with the new car. The Monroney lable I ordered is not an exact copy of the window sticker, but it does list the correct information. I did not want to mislead anyone that they would be getting something that looks like an original window sticker.
Moroney standard vertical stickers are the go to after 2 yrs. I'm sure he is asking for original window sticker that is available thru Chevy up to 2 yrs.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:43 PM   #13
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LTLoveIt View Post
Moroney standard vertical stickers are the go to after 2 yrs. I'm sure he is asking for original window sticker that is available thru Chevy up to 2 yrs.
Thank you... I agree as I stated above
Old 03-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #14
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LTLoveIt View Post
Also since he seems to be looking for the original dealer to request the replacement. Anyone know the area that might know a dealer with that logo?