Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
bowtie628
Auto body and paint guy

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
removing front seat

anyone know how to remove the front passenger seat, or have a write up of how to do it? i have a idea.. but now a 100% sure.
bowtie628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
there are a couple of threads on the first two pages of this section that go into detail.

I actually JUST finished removing the bolts so that i can take my seats out and work on them.

if you move the seats all the way forward, take a look on the railing behind the seats, where the seats are attached to the floor. there is a bolt on each railing that attaches the railing to the floor of the car.

take those off and then the lift up and move the seats and the railing back so that they unhook from the front. that's it.

don't forget to remove the connectors for the wires (i didn't get that far yet).

i wish you luck, i started doing it yesterday but had to stop because those bolts on the railings have locktie on them and they are FREAKING tough to get out. i had to get a big torque wrench and a long extension so that i could get good leverage to remove the bots.

the size of the bolt is a 50 size torx.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #3
2011*Camaro*SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
Sorry to bring this back...

I was a little too excited trying to get the bolts out and stripped one.... How do I get it out????? Ive tried many different things and nothing its pretty bad also......
Old 02-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #4
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Oh,oh, how did you "strip it" removing? I used an air wrench. Does it just spin around?
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
So I am condfused about removing the front seats.. Yes I did a search... Everythings just says to remove the back bolts, but I can't get them to come out. With a little muscle I loosened them up and unscrewed them most of the way, but once I get to the point that I think they are about to come out they get so tight I can't turn them anymore. Is there a nut or something under the floor panel? and if so how do I get the bolt to come off? Just more muscle cause it gets really tight almost like I'm tightening it down.
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #6
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
There is lock-tite on them and yes they get tougher just before they finally come out. Tighten them, loosen them tighten them, back and forth and it will go a little farther each time, you are essentially removing the lock-tite.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #7
BigmanSS

Drives: 2014 camaro ss/rs 6.2L with a 3.91
Quick question I was going to remove my front passenger seat and I got the bold half way out before I realized there seems to b a free floating wing nut that will drop if I remove the bolt all the way and there is no access hole under the car. Do I need to cut a hole to access the nuts
BigmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:22 AM   #8
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmanSS View Post
Quick question I was going to remove my front passenger seat and I got the bold half way out before I realized there seems to b a free floating wing nut that will drop if I remove the bolt all the way and there is no access hole under the car. Do I need to cut a hole to access the nuts
Don't worry about the nut, it will go nowhere. The nut will stay in place.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:25 PM   #9
Jesmid
2015#1178 Red/AC/Speakers

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
The seat track screws on the back are T50 Torx socket head on my '15 Z/28. If you crank the seat all the way up and forward, you can get a 1/2 drive with some extensions straight on it, or even use a wobble extension if you want. I put some WD40 to keep the Locktite from binding and potentially stripping the head out. I worked them out a bit with a 1/2" drive ratchet, back in, and you could feel them loosen up. Hit each with the impact and they came out nice. Pull the ribbed button on the end of the connector to unlock it and disconnect by pulling it apart as illustrated in this thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100176 . Remember to crank the seat back down before removing it and put something on your door sill to prevent the seat tracks from scratching it when you take it out.

Last edited by Jesmid; 03-23-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Jesmid is offline   Reply With Quote