Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-14-2015, 04:59 PM   #15
Black Market Racing

Drives: Yours
No it does not. This is a
Black Market Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:16 PM   #16
2013 ZL1 #7860

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Market Racing View Post
Haha. We love all the criticism. As you can see from the finished prototype the filter is completely covered, blocking the hot air from the engine bay. It will be completely welded for production and also powder coated. Also with the ABS material the intake tube is made from, it does not get heat soaked like aluminum/SS intake material.

Yes the fab pictures were a repost. Just wanted to give any new viewers an idea of where both fit in the car for the new subscribers. We think the tape holds up pretty well. Easily replaceable. Obviously the tank will be bolt in.

I think we have someone locked down for a final test fit!
It's not criticism... It was an honest question about your product.

Until you edited the posts above, the only pictures of the heat shield you provided had a giant hole around the top of the filter. (Thus my confusion)

The new pictures have this area blocked off which looks nice. However, this is accomplished with other intakes in slightly different ways.

What is the advantage (in your opinion) of your design over previous intakes? Besides it being a 5" tube which is great!

The quality looks good but I wonder how the coolant reservoir will work sitting above the radiator? When the car is moving this area is fine but stationary this area gets very warm, especially with the fans running.

I want to see somebody make a front crash bar that is boxed in and plumbed as a coolant tank with a large fill neck in the panel in front of the radiator...
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:28 PM   #17
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
I want to see somebody make a front crash bar that is boxed in and plumbed as a coolant tank with a large fill neck in the panel in front of the radiator...[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:29 PM   #18
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Market Racing View Post
No it does not. This is a
Like most of your projects ,half finished?
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:40 PM   #19
Black Market Racing

Drives: Yours
Ha ha, I was in the middle of responding and I lost connection on my cell phone. We have many finished products for other cars. They all work exceptionally well.....including our intakes and heat shields. This prototype is completed and ready to bolt up. As anxious as we are to start production, the responsible thing to do is have a final test fit just to make sure everything is perfect. Dyno numbers will follow along with actual finished product photos. It is not uncommon for many manufacturers to show what they are building before it is ready to sell. As soon as we finish the fitting, production will begin. Once again, anyone that is thinking of doing the throttle body upgrade along with air intake system, we will sell it to you cheap as hell just to the the fitment done. That's all we are waiting on!
Black Market Racing is offline   Reply With Quote