Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
'10 Cammed Nitrous LS3 vs '15 Z06 stock

Finally got to race a new Z06. I was pretty sure of the results already bc I've run a buddy's C7 making more power than the Z06 and beat him but I just wanted to find out for real.

Lined up with the Z06. I am 650hp/683tq on spray.

My TC grabbed and tried to slow me down when the nitrous hit and the Z06 got about 3 cars ahead. Once it let me go and I got into 3rd I walked the Z06 so bad I thought he had let off. He showed me the video from his go pro and you could see when my front end lift and just cruise by him.

I REALLY NEED A GO PRO....and here's why.

The guy in the Z06 after the race was showing everyone the video and telling people how fast my car was. He was even trying to get Garrett from 1320 to post the video or get another one. I thought the guy was cool about it. The next morning I find him on Instagram and he posts the video but cut it off once you saw my car lift and start to come back. Told everyone he smoked a 680hp Camaro. Needless to say, I called him out about it and wasn't happy but we both know what happened. I'd be embarrassed if I got my brand new Z06 beat up on multiple times as well but I wouldn't post a video faking the win that didn't happen.

He got beat by every Vette and Camaro he raced but would only post loses against other Vette's. A friend of mine with a C6 said "it's just a Vette thing..when you have one you don't really respect Camaros the same way" ..Idk . Going to get a C6z next spring so I guess I'll know what it's like then.

Either way...I beat a new Z06
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #2
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I find that every Corvette I pass on the road...doesnt matter the year. Will not even look my way....this was my 3rd summer with my car and the streak is alive and well. Besides the 2 guys racing know the real story ....he knows your faster.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #3
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
Finally got to race a new Z06. I was pretty sure of the results already bc I've run a buddy's C7 making more power than the Z06 and beat him but I just wanted to find out for real.

My TC grabbed and tried to slow me down when the nitrous hit and the Z06 got about 3 cars ahead. Once it let me go and I got into 3rd I walked the Z06 so bad I thought he had let off. He showed me the video from his go pro and you could see when my front end lift and just cruise by him.

The guy in the Z06 after the race was showing everyone the video and telling people how fast my car was. He was even trying to get Garrett from 1320 to post the video or get another one. I thought the guy was cool about it. The next morning I find him on Instagram and he posts the video but cut it off once you saw my car lift and start to come back. Told everyone he smoked a 680hp Camaro. Needless to say, I called him out about it and wasn't happy but we both know what happened. I'd be embarrassed if I got my brand new Z06 beat up on multiple times as well but I wouldn't post a video faking the win that didn't happen.

He got beat by every Vette and Camaro he raced but would only post loses against other Vette's. A friend of mine with a C6 said "it's just a Vette thing..when you have one you don't really respect Camaros the same way" ..Idk . Going to get a C6z next spring so I guess I'll know what it's like then.

Yeah, there should be no question who the winner would be there. I'm still amazed at the people that don't believe my Camaro was faster than the Z06, but what can you do. Just let him live in his own world, you know who made the kill.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:31 AM   #4
ytown87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I find that every Corvette I pass on the road...doesnt matter the year. Will not even look my way....this was my 3rd summer with my car and the streak is alive and well. Besides the 2 guys racing know the real story ....he knows your faster.
Ha! Good to know this is an actual thing then. Well if I get out of my Camaro and into the C6Z as I plan to next year, I will be sure to still acknowledge the Camaro drivers
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:58 AM   #5
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ha! Good to know this is an actual thing then. Well if I get out of my Camaro and into the C6Z as I plan to next year, I will be sure to still acknowledge the Camaro drivers
Old 10-12-2015, 12:55 PM   #6
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Make sure you wave
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:57 PM   #7
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
+1
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:07 PM   #8
Joseph1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE, 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Besides a few exceptions this is true for me as well... They won't acknowledge me, however I will regularly catch guys in their Vettes breaking neck to catch a good look at my car.

2015 Camaro SS 1LE- sold
2001 Camaro SS SOM M6- sold
1999 Firebird Formula A4- sold
Joseph1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:59 PM   #9
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph1LE View Post
Besides a few exceptions this is true for me as well... They won't acknowledge me, however I will regularly catch guys in their Vettes breaking neck to catch a good look at my car.
I had my car out of the garage in my driveway this afternoon giving it a quick clean before my wife and I went out. I live in a subdivision. I hear a nice rumble coming around the corner ...I look up to see a early 70's Vette vert coming down the street. I was 10 ft from him beside my car as he drove by I was checking out his ride. He gave me the ya it's a Vette glance as he drove past. I don't really like Vettes from the 70's anyway.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:50 AM   #10
Joseph1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE, 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
I had my car out of the garage in my driveway this afternoon giving it a quick clean before my wife and I went out. I live in a subdivision. I hear a nice rumble coming around the corner ...I look up to see a early 70's Vette vert coming down the street. I was 10 ft from him beside my car as he drove by I was checking out his ride. He gave me the ya it's a Vette glance as he drove past. I don't really like Vettes from the 70's anyway.
Yeah the C3s aren't one of my favorites either. I did get a thumbs up from a guy in a beautiful blue C7 Z06 a month or so ago which was nice. Theres been a couple exceptions like that, but for they most part they just think they're too cool for us haha.

2015 Camaro SS 1LE- sold
2001 Camaro SS SOM M6- sold
1999 Firebird Formula A4- sold
Joseph1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:54 AM   #11
jman123

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:

At least you know what really happened lol.

By the way Are you running a 150 shot? I want to run some nitrous but I'm a bit scared to go that high.
AGP Twin turbo kit, base 54/57 Borg Warner turbos, TSP stage 4 N/A cam, AGP twin 430lph e85 pump fuel system w/ flex fuel sensor, 1000cc FIC injectors, Grimm speed manual boost controller. (830 rwhp 778 rwtq @ 15.5 psi)
jman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:40 AM   #12
ytown87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman123 View Post
At least you know what really happened lol.

By the way Are you running a 150 shot? I want to run some nitrous but I'm a bit scared to go that high.
Ha....then you definitely wont want to do what I'm doing. I'm running a 175 shot. Pulling 9* timing out with the LNC2000. Really could do 8 according to what the car showed on the dyno but 9 to be safe.

The day I dyno'd it the base pull was 489/447 (it was a hot day). With spray I gained 159hp/236tq. When it hits, it pulls so freakin hard like being kicked in the chest almost.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:59 PM   #13
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Quote:
And this is why I choose a ZL1 or the stingray. No Joke corvette owners are douches, they act like there driving a ferrari or lambo and there to good for anyone. I couldn't own a corvette and be a apart of that..

But your right I've never had a corvette even look at my car, a few days ago the thumbs up in his stingray and he just looked away, like wtf?

When I got my ZL1 I took it by my MMA studio to show everyone. I found out days later one of the students with a stingray made a remark to our master saying "his car is way better than mine". When that dick got his corvette I was nothing but nice and said how cool it was, I get my car and he doesn't even ask about it or go out to look at it, then says his car is better????

Sorry for the rant I just hate corvette guys, mainly fat white dudes in there 50-70s.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #14
ytown87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
Sorry for the rant I just hate corvette guys, mainly fat white dudes in there 50-70s.
that last post just made me laugh. as a car guy I give respect to all good cars, especially the fast ones (even mustangs when worthy), so I'd expect the same back from a Vette owner. but hey what can I do but make sure I am at least faster?

If I get the Vette I plan to next spring, I will definitely blow peoples minds by NOT being part of the above demographic lol. Moderately in shape, different race, and under 30