Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-10-2021, 07:41 AM   #1
blhooker

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Do Not go to Juiced Motorsports

I know there are many posts out there about this place as far as ordering parts but I already had my parts and took my Camaro to him to have the GPI cam kit installed and to get it tuned. I paid him before I even took the car there, the "work" got done quick enough but There have been quite a few issues I have found with my car since I have gotten it back. I have tried to reach out to him about the issues with no response. I will be contacting my bank to dispute the payment and get a refund.

When he dynoed the car it only mad 55rwhpo gain with GPI SS3 cam, GPI Rod mod intake, 25% underdrive pulley (which made 15ish hp on a buddies car alone, before he went to a super charger and gave me the pulley) he said my base tune was 410hp and after was 465hp......465 on LS3 with cam, intake, underdrive pulley, headers, fastlane True CAI, 3.91 gears.......that doesnt seem right to me

- The tune is not right at all (the car is almost undrivable unless it is at high RPMs), anything under 1800-2000 Rpms it bucks and backfires. when I called him on the way home with it he said it was because of the cam that was put into it (GPI SS3). I called GPI before I called Jason and they told me it should not run like that and it was something wrong with the tune.

- Every now and then it will rev to 2000-3000 RPM and hang out there even if I push the clutch in. I assume this is due to the intake not being fully torqued down and having a vacuum leak.

- Exhaust band clamps were loose and blew off of the passenger side on my drive home

- My fuel pressure fuel pressure gauge didn't work when I got it back and it worked before

- I installed MSD coli packs with the MSD harness/relay kit and when I got there it was not hooked up and shoved down behind the fuse box because the "tech that worked on it (the same one that tore the car apart) could not figure out where it went

- Only 4 bolts in oil pan were tight and timing cover bolts were loose both of these caused a huge oil leak.

- All of the header bolts on the driver side were loose along with a handful of bolts on the intake manifold

When I decided to take it to him I thought it would be fine since the complaints I have see were on the parts supply side of things....Boy was I wrong. Live and Learn I guess. I just want to make sure no one out there gets taken advantage of again.
blhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:52 AM   #2
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Pulleys did not make 15hp some people have a gain of 2-4hp max. It’s more for the reduction of vibration more than anything else.

465 whp is average for a auto car, that does seem a little low for a manual but every car is different. No 2 cars are the same some dyno high others dyno low.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:21 AM   #3
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2017 Colorado, 2013 2SS
A GPI ss3 cam gains up to 100hp depending on supporting mods. You made a poor decision picking Juiced for ANYTHING. Get a shop with a good reputation and take it there. Make sure to share your experience with others. Best of luck moving forward.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:41 AM   #4
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Im 465 with heads and cam in an auto. It does seem low but its the other issues youre having that are concerning. My shop did the install quickly with excellent attention to detail.He took pics a vids along tbe wsy and sent them to me. Car doesnt look like its been touched. Get in touch with a reputable shop near you that can give the car a once over. Better to pay a little now then alot later.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 GEARS .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:34 AM   #5
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhooker View Post
I know there are many posts out there about this place as far as ordering parts but I already had my parts and took my Camaro to him to have the GPI cam kit installed and to get it tuned. I paid him before I even took the car there, the "work" got done quick enough but There have been quite a few issues I have found with my car since I have gotten it back. I have tried to reach out to him about the issues with no response. I will be contacting my bank to dispute the payment and get a refund.

When he dynoed the car it only mad 55rwhpo gain with GPI SS3 cam, GPI Rod mod intake, 25% underdrive pulley (which made 15ish hp on a buddies car alone, before he went to a super charger and gave me the pulley) he said my base tune was 410hp and after was 465hp......465 on LS3 with cam, intake, underdrive pulley, headers, fastlane True CAI, 3.91 gears.......that doesnt seem right to me

- The tune is not right at all (the car is almost undrivable unless it is at high RPMs), anything under 1800-2000 Rpms it bucks and backfires. when I called him on the way home with it he said it was because of the cam that was put into it (GPI SS3). I called GPI before I called Jason and they told me it should not run like that and it was something wrong with the tune.

- Every now and then it will rev to 2000-3000 RPM and hang out there even if I push the clutch in. I assume this is due to the intake not being fully torqued down and having a vacuum leak.

- Exhaust band clamps were loose and blew off of the passenger side on my drive home

- My fuel pressure fuel pressure gauge didn't work when I got it back and it worked before

- I installed MSD coli packs with the MSD harness/relay kit and when I got there it was not hooked up and shoved down behind the fuse box because the "tech that worked on it (the same one that tore the car apart) could not figure out where it went

- Only 4 bolts in oil pan were tight and timing cover bolts were loose both of these caused a huge oil leak.

- All of the header bolts on the driver side were loose along with a handful of bolts on the intake manifold

When I decided to take it to him I thought it would be fine since the complaints I have see were on the parts supply side of things....Boy was I wrong. Live and Learn I guess. I just want to make sure no one out there gets taken advantage of again.
This alone is someone who does not pay attention to detail. It's the little things that tell you a lot about someone's work. Pisses me off I hope you get a refund. Good luck.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:22 AM   #6
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
I genuinely feel bad for your situation. That Juiced shop sounds awful. It's a nightmare story.
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:04 AM   #7
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Too many issues for a car just worked on, if they refuse to correct it and back their work it’s a shame.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:37 PM   #8
Repsauce

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
blhooker, I unfortunately had the same issues with Juiced last year. Had a SS1 cam put in by them, cars valvetrain was quite noisy upon getting the car back. Never had a cammed LS before so I figured it was normal. Couple days later kept having misfire issues and took it back to him to adjust the tune. That didn't fix the issue. Took it back again and it was a bent valve. Paid for him to replace that.

Another 500 miles later I have a lifter failure.

Took the car to another reputable shop in the area. They told me it basically had a mail order tune and was not custom at all. The lifters were some cheap a$$ Chinese looking knockoffs that were horrible quality. Oh and did I also mention it had the wrong size pushrods?

Had to pay the new shop to do the entire cam swap again (with a new cam) because the failed lifter gouged the cam lobe.

Juiced took no responsibility and did not respond to emails or return calls.

Unfortunately I paid them in cash and not card where I could dispute it like you.

Live and learn. I believe karma will catch up sooner or later.
Repsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:20 PM   #9
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Stories like this, is why I trust no one to work on my car.
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:22 PM   #10
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2017 Colorado, 2013 2SS
I wonder if he's doing the same to the corvette, ls1, and ss guys.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:24 AM   #11
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1
Damn juices started screwing people
On parts now thier screwing People
On their builds .. dayum!!!
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote