Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
SargeantSarcasm

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Vibration???

Did some upgrades recently and my clutch began slipping pretty bad (expected since I have 40k miles on the clutch, was time for an upgrade anyway), so I have a new clutch on the way. Got stuck in traffic the other day and noticed a subtle vibration in the gas pedal just after the clutch engaged under moderate acceleration at lower rpms...sometimes I can almost hear the vibration as well, but if the clutch is pushed in and I rev the car up nothing seems out of place. No vibration and no sound. Could this be a clutch issue?

Thanks
SargeantSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:15 PM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
What kind of clutch did you get?

A aftermarket racing clutch able to handle the extra HP is great but it may add the vibration your felling on slow launches.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:17 PM   #3
SargeantSarcasm

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Still on the stock clutch as of now.
SargeantSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 10:00 AM   #4
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantSarcasm View Post
Did some upgrades recently and my clutch began slipping pretty bad (expected since I have 40k miles on the clutch, was time for an upgrade anyway), so I have a new clutch on the way. Got stuck in traffic the other day and noticed a subtle vibration in the gas pedal just after the clutch engaged under moderate acceleration at lower rpms...sometimes I can almost hear the vibration as well, but if the clutch is pushed in and I rev the car up nothing seems out of place. No vibration and no sound. Could this be a clutch issue?

Thanks
When their gone they don't mate up well to the flywheel when spinning thus they are out of balance, you will need to check your flywheel as well an a definite replacement of the pilot bearing which can add to the vibration.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:16 PM   #5
DerrickG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Did the new clutch fix this issue? I have a new Monster Lt s triple disk clutch kit on the way myself. I only have 30k miles but over 700rwhp (so time for an aftermarket clutch anyways). Clutch isn't slipping yet but I have been feeling a slight vibration under moderate throttle. Every now and then the clutch makes a light rubbing noise as well when releasing the clutch between shifts. Minus the slipping it sounds like the same issue.

Rotofab CAI, 2.55 upper, 8.6 lower, heat exchanger, ID850 injectors, boost a pump, custom ground comp cam, kooks long tube headers with high flow cats, E85 conversion flex fuel, nkg plugs, NT05R Drag radials, 712 rwhp built by Lethal Performance. Instagram Gonz_ZL1
DerrickG is offline   Reply With Quote