Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #15
RickyTheStorm

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS,04 Colorado,06 ZX6R
First and foremost - sorry about my grumpiness in my earlier posts - I had the flu and the car just added to the horrible days I had been having.

Second - and I want to make this clear - My DriveTrain Warranty is gone - yes. Not my electrical (which is what I thought it was originally because everything would lose power for a split second), cosmetic (I have to get the steering wheel and carpet replaced for various issues), suspension, wheels, etc. So if for example the problem was with my engine itself - yes, I would have to pay for it. However if the problem was bad wiring that had nothing to do with anything I did - then it is technically under warranty still. I understand my engine, transmission and rear end are not covered anymore - but warranty covers more than just drive train which is not impacted by the mods I have done, which is basically what JMaryT said - they have to link it to my mods. In either case I am going to have them secure my computer better, double sided sticky tape - really

Now - that being said - the issue was IN FACT the tune!!!!! I want to thank PaulSS, Scott@Bjorn3D anyone else who mentioned tune. Once my flu passed I was able to think clearly, and what I had done last to the car was applied a tune that someone helped with on here to help with surging and stalling issues, but I also made changes to the TCC settings to try and get those right. On hot days it apparently did not show any issues or else I would have been able to link it right away to the tune. Once the weather started cooling down the issues started, and the colder it got the worse they got. I returned my tune to the way it was before the two modifications - my Stabilitrac issue is gone and my limp mode issue is gone, car runs great again (with the exception of the surging and stalling). I am going to bring the changes I made and the tune the way it is to my tune shop and see what they can make of it to get the car running without the surging and stalling but also without the limp mode and stabilitrac issues. Car is running so good that New Years Eve I managed to almost get arrested Ended up getting careless driving with in the comments "Driver exceeded 80 MPH in a 35 and 45 MPH zone" - I have no idea what he is talking about I can't help it their little ford cruisers can't keep up Anyway, needless to say I was so excited the car was working again I was driving like an idiot.

@CammieChix - The good news is you have no mods so there is no issue of warranty coverage. Sounds like something with the computer to me. It does sound like a lemon law issue at this point - hopefully you can get it taken care of and get one that works! Also - sounds like another dealer service department might be needed who will pay attention to you and the problems. As I said in my original post, I have a service department who will do everything they can to figure out and fix the issue under warranty regardless of my mods (unless as a direct result) - it is just an hour and a half away. Best of luck and hopefully you brought in the new year with some kind of good news.

IOM - 2SS/RS - Auto - IAP - Sunroof - Ordered 10/13 (#7 at dealer)
3000(accepted to production ): 4/19/09
3300 (scheduled for prod ): 5/11/09
3400 (broadcast ): 5/16/09
3800 (produced ): 5/22/09
4150 (invoiced ): 6/01/09
4200 (shipped ): 6/01/09
5000 (at dealer ): 6/12/09
6000 (delivery to me ): 6/12/09
RickyTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote