Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 01-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #18159
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
Nothing like leaving us hanging huh Vin?

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #18160
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebot8484 View Post
I'm not happy with GM right now....I have a claim in with GM at this time. No it's not for the Z or the Equinox.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #18161
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by td195f View Post
For anyone interested in track days/driving schools at Watkins Glen, the 2014 schedule is now posted on the WGI website.

http://www.theglen.com/About-The-Gle...ls.aspx?#Track Activity Schedules

Track Rental at the bottom of the Page. Open the link to 2014 WGI On Track. This will open a .pdf schedule of all the different organizations doing track days and driving schools. The Porsche(PCA) and BMW events are open to any make of car. Others listed as instructional/non-competitive are probably open also. Google the group for more info. Don't bother checking Group 52 that is by invitation only. Kojote Inc is for Advanced drivers only. Some of the events on the schedule will fill up pretty quickly so don't wait to long to decide when you want to go.

I plan on doing at least three two day schools this year anyone interested in going let me know and we can check dates and see if we can get to the track for some of the same schools.
Interested! Let me know when you plan on going and I'll join you! Any time is good but I need to schedule with work if it's during the week!
Quote:
I'm not happy with GM right now....I have a claim in with GM at this time. No it's not for the Z or the Equinox.
Um, mind expanding on that thought? Inquiring minds want to know!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #18162
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by techinny View Post
Old 01-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #18163
Wolfco13

Drives: 45th RS Vert, 50th SS Coupe
Andy, Sorry man. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #18164
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinman View Post
and???
Quote:
Originally Posted by techinny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Interested! Let me know when you plan on going and I'll join you! Any time is good but I need to schedule with work if it's during the week!

Um, mind expanding on that thought? Inquiring minds want to know!
It's the Hummer, I've had it in service for the same issue several times before the warranty expired and the dealership wasn't able to fix the issue. Now the warrantys up and I found the issue myself. Brought it the dealer and gm won't pay for the repairs ( 2 grand worth ). Now I'm very capable of doing the repair myself but come on gm, between me and my families business we've sent almost 200k in gm vehicles in the past two years. Ive been told by the gm rep I'll hear something tomorrow so we shall see.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:59 AM   #18165
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
It's the Hummer, I've had it in service for the same issue several times before the warranty expired and the dealership wasn't able to fix the issue. Now the warrantys up and I found the issue myself. Brought it the dealer and gm won't pay for the repairs ( 2 grand worth ). Now I'm very capable of doing the repair myself but come on gm, between me and my families business we've sent almost 200k in gm vehicles in the past two years. Ive been told by the gm rep I'll hear something tomorrow so we shall see.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:22 AM   #18166
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:
Hopefully you don't get
Old 01-17-2014, 06:51 AM   #18167
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcox2010 View Post
I think about doing the Camaro national in Maryland these year I know spike going anyone else
The Camaro Nationals is the 'official' club destination for this year. I'll post info on post 1 and the calender soon.

Also, I'm in discussions with IMSA, the track, and Chevy for the Camaro Corral at the WGI June event.
As expected, since Grand Am merged with the prima donnas of the ALMS, tickets will be at least double from last year. We'll be lucky if they're only $60. And...word is, Chevy stepped up their involvement and are also sponsoring the Corvette Corral. I'm trying to get us in on that. As most of you are aware, or should be, there will be no Camaros in the Tudor Series, only the GS class in the Saturday CTSCC event. Expect a crap load of Corvettes though. As for the Z28, even if it gets approved, it will be a long shot if see them on the track, since they aren't yet available. The teams would have to build new cars mid season. Hopefully they will. I'll post more info as it comes in.

Update: Just saw John Fitzpatrick on Barrett Jackson. Z28 debuts at Daytona next weekend. They must've forked over some pre-production cars to the CTSCC guys Mike Johnson at Stevenson was holding out on me when I asked a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited by ZED SLED; 01-18-2014 at 05:49 PM.
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:12 AM   #18168
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
...Also, I'm in discussions with IMSA, the track, and Chevy for the Camaro Corral at the WGI June event.
Thanks for doing this again this year Mark.

Quote:
...As expected, since Grand Am merged with the prima donnas of the ALMS, tickets will be at least double from last year. We'll be lucky if they're only $60.
Still cheap in my opinion. I had to pinch myself when buying tickets previous years. Ridiculously cheap for the access that we got. Ever go to an F1 race?

Quote:
...And...word is, Chevy stepped up their involvement and are also sponsoring the Corvette Corral. I'm trying to get us in on that. As most of you are aware, or should be, there will be no Camaros in the Tudor Series, only the GS class in the Saturday CTSCC event. Expect a crap load of Corvettes though. As for the Z28, even if it gets approved, it will be a long shot if see them on the track, since they aren't yet available. The teams would have to build new cars mid season. Hopefully they will. I'll post more info as it comes in.
I'm willing to give the Corvette guys their glory this year...brand new C7 and all. Maybe the Z/28 comes hard next year to give Chevy a one two knockout punch.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:42 AM   #18169
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
Still cheap in my opinion. I had to pinch myself when buying tickets previous years. Ridiculously cheap for the access that we got.

Quote:
Ever go to an F1 race?
No, but I plan to watch Rush tonight, lol.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #18170
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
Thanks for doing this again this year Mark, looking forward to this again.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #18171
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Thanks for doing this again this year Mark, looking forward to this again.
+1
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #18172
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
Quote:
No, but I plan to watch Rush tonight, lol.
I think you'll enjoy it. Great story, and well done.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote