Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-26-2018, 11:20 PM   #1
Gonzo SS

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Adams Pumpkin Spice

Looks like I'll be doing some fall cleaning this weekend. Got them for $40 shipped, good deal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gonzo SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:16 AM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
That Guard & Gloss is a really good product. I went through a gallon of it doing my car and many others with it. It works well on top of any type of polymer sealant, or as a stand alone product. On top of wax it won't last very long, so if you use wax, put it on top of the G&G

I tried many different towels for application, an 1100 gsm towel worked best. The only thing I do different from Dylan's application process is I use 3 towels instead of 2.

Put 2 towels in your bucket with clean water instead of one, while the car is still wet spray one panel, then wring out one wet towel, spread, and use dry towel. Put the used towel in the bucket underneath the fresh one and repeat this process over the entire car.

By using two different wet towels, you avoid loading one towel up with product, and ensure a consistent, even application on each panel. If you happen to have a hazy spot when your done, just wring out one of the wet towels, but leave a little more water in it. The hazy spot is just product that hasn't been activated. Wipe it gently (no pressure) to activate it, and it will be gone in a couple passes of the towel.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 10:11 AM   #3
Gonzo SS

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Thanks Joe for the tips. That stuff is awesome. I didn't realize that about the wax and I'll try the two wet towel method next time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gonzo SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 12:49 PM   #4
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
NICE.....Thanks!!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote