Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
How can you order in October?

I just wanted every one idea on this. Now I have herd from some people on this forum that you will be able to start placing orders for the Camaro in October. Now if that is the case, how would you be able to do this if the various options and accessories will not be made available to the public till or just after SEMA? Also pricing is not going to be announced till Dec or Jan. So some one with credible info and knowledge please explain to me how this is even possible. Now unless I was dead or unconches I would not have missed options and or pricing, and that being said I know I was not so I say bravo for me.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
The first 30 Camaros roll of the line in October. They are for GM big-wigs.

Orders won't come until pricing comes out as I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Pricing in December, ordering around Mid January.

Nothing has changed here according to my info -
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Chevrolet Spokesman Terry Rhadigan told Inside Line on Wednesday that the effort is underway to give "traditionalists and enthusiasts something to whet their appetite."
Among the tidbits: Dealers will begin accepting orders for the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS and the V6-powered 2010 Chevy Camaro coupe in October. Production will begin in mid-February, and cars will be in dealerships by mid-March 2009.
You can order, you just won't know the pricing.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:05 AM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
I just wanted every one idea on this. Now I have herd from some people on this forum that you will be able to start placing orders for the Camaro in October. Now if that is the case, how would you be able to do this if the various options and accessories will not be made available to the public till or just after SEMA? Also pricing is not going to be announced till Dec or Jan. So some one with credible info and knowledge please explain to me how this is even possible. Now unless I was dead or unconches I would not have missed options and or pricing, and that being said I know I was not so I say bravo for me.
I'll give this rundown like I gave before on here. I am sure it will work for the Camaro about the same way as it did for the Solstice and Sky.

Back in October of 05 I got a call from my Saturn dealer saying i could come down and put in my request for what options I wanted. They still had no price list but they did have the option list. So I went down and placed my request. they kept a form with my choices on it. About the same time A friend of mine that was fairly high up in the chain of knowlege at GM told me how the actual production would start... First there would be 30-50 hand built pre production cars, they would be given to persons inside GM to drive for evaluation and last minute suggestions. In about late December early January they would build 500 test run production cars.(this was also the actual time that the dealer placed the orders with GM) these would be gone over with a fine tooth comb by the engineers to see if there were any production bugs needing to be worked out. these cars would eventually find their way to customers (I actually got the 251st Sky built) The mid January regular production would start slowly and cars would start being shipped to dealers in mid Feb. I recieved my car on March 26th of 2006. I am going to assume that will probably be around the same time of the year the Camaros start arriving at dealerships March 2009...
Old 09-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #6
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
You can order, you just won't know the pricing.
More like, you can take a deposit. GM was against this for a while. I take this as there blessing to start taking in money.

Nothing has changed on every dealer source I used. Orders are still scheduled for Mid January. Pricing and allocation in December.

Do you really want to place an "October order" before the dealer knows how many he can order in the system, in January?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #7
fbird777
SOM WS6

Drives: 2002 SOM Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
More like, you can take a deposit. GM was against this for a while. I take this as there blessing to start taking in money.

Nothing has changed on every dealer source I used. Orders are still scheduled for Mid January. Pricing and allocation in December.

Do you really want to place an "October order" before the dealer knows how many he can order in the system, in January?
I think I will just wait. The dealer may only get a handful of Camaros in and there may be 100+ people on the waiting list which equals reallyyyyyyy long wait time.
fbird777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #8
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbird777 View Post
I think I will just wait. The dealer may only get a handful of Camaros in and there may be 100+ people on the waiting list which equals reallyyyyyyy long wait time.
Another reason to make sure your deposit is 100% refundable anytime during the process!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #9
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
My advice is just relax and wait till the official prices come out so you can do a normal order.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Hummmmm????? I think I stand by my original statement. Does anyone really wonder why General Motors and the rest of Detroit is in such bad shape???? I have never seen anything like this in my life and I bought my first car in 1957. I thin the new 370Z will be out first and I just might have to buy one of those and I am getting tired of waiting on Chevrolet to either shit or get off the pot!
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #11
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=131586

this may help ^^^

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #12
16yearoldcamarodriver
Advanced Senior Member

Drives: Mercedes ML350 '06
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Pricing in December, ordering around Mid January.

Nothing has changed here according to my info -
So if I order in January, will it take around 2 months for them to build it and ship it to my dealership? That's what they had to do for my Honda Oddesy.

16yearoldcamarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #13
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
It took six months to get the 1993 formula Firebird I ordered back then,I think I can wait for my RS model to be built in the same time frame. Back then most of the new genration 4 F bodies were shipped to California first, Just be patient !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #14
Silverghost

Drives: Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalometalik View Post
Something tells me that the author took Terry Rhadigan's comment on GM producing the few in Oct as the public being allowed to order one in Oct. With how much GM has riding on the Camaro I just can't see GM telling only edmunds and not letting the Dealerships or general public in on when they can order so close to to October. Just today I Fbodfather posted that they will not release pricing until end of this year begining of next year. Something just isn't right.

www.rivercityperformance.com
Silverghost is offline   Reply With Quote