Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #15
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong...I went to Indy last September and sat in the seminar with almost everyone connected to the Camaro at that seminar. I remember someone saying that if you had GMPP parts used in your mod and, if it was installed by a certified GM mechanic at a GM dealership it would not affect the warranty at all.
Word from the GM dealer was that any GMPP parts installed as part of your purchase (parts put on as part of the sale, or before you buy the car) would be covered under the full warranty. Anything put on after the sale has it's own 12k (1 year?) warranty, and would not void the rest of the warranty, but that part would only be covered for it's specific warranty.

So if you have not got your car yet, and want GMPP parts, get them put on by the dealer before you buy so you can benifit from the full warranty.
Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote