Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #43
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGruff View Post
The people who are sending in pictures complaining about color problems are mostly from actual owners themselves. An owner is a reliable source so don't do the "sunlight angles" talk on an owner.

Is Number 3 supposed to say anything different. Of course FBod and Number 3 are going to tell people to let it go, they work for GM. You can show them problems and they may talk to people but don't expect them to say "Oh, you're right. GM messed up big time". It's not going to happen.

The only thing that will matter is that QC has been informed of this problem and works to fix the problem. Naturally there will be some problems on the first model year but what matters is how fast GM responds to reported problems.

I too am hoping something comes of this, I too have an IOM and the fascias seem to have more metallic in them as well as the Fuel Door. soon well see
whats going on.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #44
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rays View Post

My intentions are:

One. To get my car the way It should be.

Repeating this topic here will not accomplish this. No matter how many times you repeat it.

Two. To share the knowledge I have available so people can be informed and make up their own minds.

That was accomplished after the 3rd thread. We are now on the 5th...

Three. To let people know its not supposed to be like that if they think, oh well, I guess that's just how it is.

You are not the expert and, I'm sorry neither is your father, when discussing this car. I'm sure your Dad has an overwhelming amount of knowledge but he's never seen the process for this car and therefore his opinion however validated is not enough to speak as an authority on this car.

When I told my father I had pictures I could show him of the mismatch he was surprised. He says if you can see it in a picture it must be really off. You should never see it like that he says.

Until you father has seen a car in person, this is the exact same opinionated discussion we've had over and over again.

The one IOM car I saw in person was so far off it wasn't funny (pic 0602091251a.jpg taken with my cell) . My co-workers commented on the issue without ever hearing about it when they saw the car. VIN in the 2500's

The one RJT car I saw had the issue as well but not too noticeable(pic 2SS_.jpg). I didnt take that pic but I was there. Vin in the 6800's.

Again the opposing side says you are missing the fact that metallic paints look different on differently angled surfaces. Look at them from the exact same angle. Again rehashing this here is not going to get you a better paint job.

We aren't affiliated with GM other then the insiders that choose to post here.

If things are the same as they were in the past, there are a lot of painted bumper-fascias sitting somewhere ready to bolt on.

And please, no bashing anybody here. Lets be civil and respectful here people.
Thanks!
Clarification:
Bold is not yelling it is for emphasis.
Caps is yelling.

I don't really care how many different ways you want to spin this topic so we can argue another angle.

GM has not identified this to be a problem. if you have a problem with your paint then have your dealer address it when your car arrives.

This is the same conversation we've had 5 times now. We are all painfully aware of this supposed problem. So be a diligent consumer and hold the dealers accountable.

Trust me, if Number 3 is replying here then GM is aware. Now we wait to see what GM chooses to do about it.

Continuing this conversation is not going to accomplish anything.

So lets tally them up. ABL, Hood stripes, Gas door location, R6P and now paint mismatch.

Sorry Rays, Closed.

Closed Thread