Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #57
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
Im in stl and EVERY. Dealership in town has these things. A bunch of cars in chicago. My buddy in Indy sends me pics every other day.. they are getting real easy to find around here.
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #58
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
What would you do?

Hello CFivers,

Well here is the update. First thanks to everyone with their opinions and suggestions. For the last couple of weeks the dealer let me drive another brand new vehicle while they fixed my ZL1 vert. If you read my first post on this thread you would have read that some jacka-- opened the drivers door into the concrete wall of the detail shop. They tried to fix it before I got there. It was obvious it was damaged. They were going to fix the door to my standards ,but then they came up with another option. They removed the door from a ZL1 coupe ,yes you can swap doors between coupes and convertibles. I seen it and it looked fine. There are no serial numbers on the doors or anything else that would make that option say illegal (different vin #'s on the doors). It looked fine, but because I am very passionate with my cars especially a nearly 70k car I opted for a new car. It has already been ordered I should find out in the next couple of days its ETA. This is the best option because it will be in perfect condition (they are not going to touch the car until I get there) and by the time it comes in it should be close to spring. I am willing to wait for this car because it will be totally worth it. I drove the first one for a weekend and it was awesome. That means becky I will be talking to you a couple times a week for 2-3 months again. Thanks again looking forward to that permagrin
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #59
yellow69z28rs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible Black
Send a message via AIM to yellow69z28rs
IMO, if u dont get another car you may always be sick about it, when you damage it, YOU DID IT. Not the wash boy!
I've owned a auto accessory shop for 27 years, when we damage a customers brand new vehicle and have to repair it, we always give freebies, special treatment etc. But some customers will always remeber us for the damage not the fact we did all we could to make it OK.
On the other hand some customers make sure to tell everyone about how good we took care of them, and are happy, and never look back.
WHICH CUSTOMER ARE YOU???

Rag Top Rob
yellow69z28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #60
z28-conv

Yellow69

When the next car is in my possession I will announce the dealer here on this forum. THAT IS THE KIND OF CUSTOMER I AM. I will give them five stars and recommend them to anyone who is willing to come to Maryland to buy their next new car.I can say I am impressed with how they have handled this unique situation. I know they did not have to mention that the car was damaged in the first place. To this point I have to say they are doing an excellent job to do whatever it takes for me to be 100% satisfied. It was an "accident "from one of the detailers. 2 of whom were terminated on the spot.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #61
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Personally I wouldn't accept delivery. Why would I pay full price for a compromized car?? Besides this, you have to worry whether the dealer's body shop can get the damaged repaired properly.

That's my opinion, however. You will have to judge what's your best option based on your situation.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #62
family man

Drives: .
I'd want a new one.

Sure, things are going to happen in the course of owning a car, but to get a new one that has been messed up, no thanks. Good luck on what ever you choose.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #63
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
replace the entire door and a $1,000 gift certificate for upgrades.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #64
THR ZL1 #1
Perma Grinning

Drives: 2012 Tom Henry Racing ZL1
^ It would be helpful if people READ the thread before posting . . .
THR ZL1 #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #65
z28-conv

Yes it would In my last post I said they ordered a BRAND NEW CAR. Im just waiting for an ETA for the new one. Min. 2-3 months is my guess. I dont know what they are doing with the original car but the car does look good. the whole door was replaced with a brand new door from another new car. It is just not completely original so I just can't except it. That is why I ordered a brand new one.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #66
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
Yes it would In my last post I said they ordered a BRAND NEW CAR. Im just waiting for an ETA for the new one. Min. 2-3 months is my guess. I dont know what they are doing with the original car but the car does look good. the whole door was replaced with a brand new door from another new car. It is just not completely original so I just can't except it. That is why I ordered a brand new one.
You did the right thing. This way you can feel good about the purchase.

Be advised though that this NEXT car might have damage somewhere else. You better look it over with a fine tooth comb. you might be very focused on the door panels, but then overlook the quarter panels. You should BE THERE while they are unloading the car. Don't do anything to make the unloader personnel nervous. maybe hide somewhere.

To me, just based on pure statistics, it has to be difficult to deliver a car and expect those guys to be "extra careful" and not scratch it. There could also be highway debris that could contact the car in transit.

Good luck. You did the same thing I would.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #67
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Glad they did you right. But what if they ding it up at the factory and take another door and replace it? J/K but that was the senerio that came into my head.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #68
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
Make dealer call when it arrives on the truck

z28-conv

Many of us, including myself, have had our sales person call as soon as the car arrived on the truck. There is no reason why you cannot be there when it is unloaded, if you live close, and watch them take it through the delivery prep phase. My dealer took pictures of it throughout, starting with it on the truck!

At some point we have to decide when what we do is "overboard" and my guess is your dealer will make darn sure nothing touches that car this time around. Too bad you had this experience, but, it is nice to see the dealer did offer you the options he did and do the right thing.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #69
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Get a new one AND get a discount for the trouble.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #70
RonnieSVT

Drives: 2001 Lightning
What if the new car has paint imperfections after waiting 3 months? What would i do? Order a GT 500
RonnieSVT is offline   Reply With Quote