Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #15
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I. will void. LS3 is so de-tuned it's begging to be messed with.
your best bet would be to just buy a 2nd PCM module, tune it, and if something happens... put the factory one back in before you take it in for service
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #16
RudySRT8
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT
Isn't 426 HP enough for american driving ???
RudySRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #17
JackoMan

Drives: Shotgun
I'm going with the V6, ill prob void the warranty after i decide i need more power. Planning on putting a dual screw supercharger if it will fit. Definitely gonna put in CAI and catback exhaust, because they wont void the warranty.

Former Cars
'94 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
'01 Volvo C70

"When the train of history goes around a bend, all the intellectuals fall off."
JackoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #18
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudySRT8 View Post
Never enough
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #19
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudySRT8 View Post
Hell no, I think for Americans 800RWHP is the limit

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #20
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
if i remember right, the hot cam will still void the engine warranty because it ain't a stock part
From the GMPP FAQS:

How much camshaft lobe profile change can I run in my engine and still retain the factory fuel injection set-up?

The fuel injection "Set-Up" consists of several different components including an ECM (Engine Control Module), software calibration and matching engine components (i.e. fuel injectors, cylinder heads, camshaft, ect). The ECM calibration and Fuel Injectors are designed to work well with the supplied cam shaft. Changing any components that affect fuel consumption and emissions, may require a different calibration and/or fuel injectors. GM does not provide or support the use of any ECM calibration other than the one provided with the ECM."

Are adjustments and tuning covered under my warranty?

No, any work and associated costs related to installation, adjustment, set-up or tuning is the responsibility of the Owner.

Can I replace parts on my GM Performance Parts engine without voiding the warranty?

Yes. However, GM will only warranty engines and components against a defect in GM's material or workmanship. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper installation, negligence, or damage caused by the installation of parts that are not approved by GM.

So no installing the cam wouldn't void your warranty if you used the stock tune. Of course you can't really replace the cam and run a stock tune so you might as well consider the warranty voided, lol.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #21
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Here are some facts about your warranty:
• Your dealer will do anything to avoid warranty work on a performance-modified car.
• Your warranty is valid for any parts broken unless it breaks as a direct result of a part that is not factory.
• Non-factory parts are not warranted.
• Modified factory parts are not warranted, even if the modified or alternate parts come from the manufacturer. Such parts may have a separate manufacturer warranty, but the original car warranty is now void. For instance, if you get a GMPP cam, then the engine is not covered under the new car warranty, but the cam is covered under a separate GMPP warranty.
• Extended warranties only cover the same or less than your original factory warranty.
• I have provided a link to a guide on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #22
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Here are some facts about your warranty:
• Your dealer will do anything to avoid warranty work on a performance-modified car.
• Your warranty is valid for any parts broken unless it breaks as a direct result of a part that is not factory.
• Non-factory parts are not warranted.
• Modified factory parts are not warranted, even if the modified or alternate parts come from the manufacturer. Such parts may have a separate manufacturer warranty, but the original car warranty is now void. For instance, if you get a GMPP cam, then the engine is not covered under the new car warranty, but the cam is covered under a separate GMPP warranty.
• Extended warranties only cover the same or less than your original factory warranty.
• I have provided a link to a guide on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Good Post
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #23
Bawt
Future Camaro Owner!

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT soon
I'm putting in Kooks headers and a Magnaflow, but I don't think that voids anything. amirite?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #24
Positiveyouth

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Living in the Communist Republic of California (with our gorgeous highest in the nation taxes and sexy double digit unemployment rate) it is practically illegal to modify your engine or exhaust in any way, so my powertrain warranty will probably remain intact. Most of my mods will involve the seats, weight reduction, braking, and suspension improvements.
^this, sadly
Positiveyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #25
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
i'll be doing a zr1 cam, magnacharger, long tubes with hi flow cats, magnaflow exhaust, hotchkis lowering springs and sway bars and a big brake kit. my only concern is how the diff will hold up.
urr2slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #26
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawt View Post
I'm putting in Kooks headers and a Magnaflow, but I don't think that voids anything. amirite?
Unless your dealer feels like trying to find a way to blame those items for whatever issue you brought your car to get warrantied on.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:12 AM   #27
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
So just what is the max one can get away with and have NO warranty issues. I would guess as soon as you "open the engine up" i.e. cam, it's over. Headers, cat-back, pulley, MAF, CAI, etc...; stuff like that shouldn't void anything IMO. Unless it requires a tune (predator or whatever)- apparently from what I've read here, that could create issues, right?
Old 03-02-2009, 01:14 AM   #28
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by urr2slo View Post
i'll be doing a zr1 cam, magnacharger, long tubes with hi flow cats, magnaflow exhaust, hotchkis lowering springs and sway bars and a big brake kit. my only concern is how the diff will hold up.
i believe i heard somewhere that it can back up to 600-650hp range. let me check

edit: i can't find the thread, but i remember seeing that in a discussion somewhere.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote