Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #253
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Not at all!!

I would be very disappointed if it did.

The only low blow here was him posting and making public the emails you guys shared, no need for that because it's not like you are lying or anything.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #254
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
All I will say is that when I was shop hunting for where to get my work done everytime I brought up Jannetty people would laugh. How about ECS " yeah great shop" or lashway " yeah great guys" Livernois "you cant go wrong there" Jannetty " umm lol, yeah we make a lot of money fixing his tunes". It was quickly apparent to me that the only people that trusted Jannetty was the people only on this forum.

Supercharged SS its seems to me that ECS is not very far from you and they are easily one of the most respected and knowledgeable shops in the country who have built a large following by always turning out quality work. I would not hesitate to let them do my work and my tunes for me if I were you. ECS was always one of the shops that other shops would tell me is one of the best in the country.

2012 L99, whipple, Roto-Fab, Stainless Power headers, ZL1 fuel pump, cat delete.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #255
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Of course there are a handful of us that just like to bust your balls for shits and giggles. For instance, Abercrombie Visor?
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #256
dan0617

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange SS Convertible
Thread should NOT be deleted.

I'm happy with my Jannetty tune and service. I bought blower setup and got tons of advice from Matt. Installed it myself. Jannetty tuned it. I added in a wideband gauge, and set up a FireWire to add wideband to datalog. I think this is needed for a tuner to get it spot on, since dyno tunes are not right for track use.

I also set up the nitrous as standalone and tuned it in myself. I have done 100's of hours of research and had several setups. Nobody listens to me when I say about the nitrous to fuel ratio needs accounted for when setting up your target air fuel ratio on spray. I had a thread in this forum about it. Some get lucky and some don't, depends a lot on the rest of the setup.

Trust me when I say, if you target 11.5 AFR on boost, that will be lean on spray. Nitrous has more oxygen per volume than fresh air, and your gauge is calibrated in fresh air only. This error has a lot to do with your plug melting problem, and the plugs you were running leave NO room for error.
2011 SS IOM Vert. ECS Vortech 13+ psi, Water/Meth, ID850’s, ZL1 pump with MSD Voltage Booster, 2800 stall, LT headers, Drag radials, Drag alignment, Cradle Bushings. A million other supporting mods. Tuned by Ted.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #257
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Thanks guys.

Busting balls is perfectly fine. Especially in a thread full of gloom. I look forward to it.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #258
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

I'll even bust my own balls. Could I have chosen a more fitting plate!! Thank God the new one has shipped.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #259
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Very informative. Keep it.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #260
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
Very informative. Keep it.
You sir, are a sadist!!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #261
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
It should be changed to BLWNUP
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #262
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
It should be changed to BLWNUP
Cruel, but accurate.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #263
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
It should not be deleted but if it is it's just another example of a vendor trying to cover their asses and a forum aiding in doing so.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Old 10-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #264
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
Not at all. You simply stated the fact that the motor went boom again because of the wrong plugs....again. You never mentioned anything about JRE until someone asked you about it. Even then you were very courteous about saying it was just time to move on and "explore new options"

On top of that, you had a moderator throw a comment in here that was supporting you and nothing about bashing any company. Simple as that. There are no grounds to close this thread. This isn't even a vendor review.

There's no doubt Ted is good at what he does. No one is arguing that fact especially since he is owning up to fix the problem. You just decided it was time for a change of plans. That's all.
Deleting threads is just getting plain ridiculous...... it just makes the whole site become advertizing and warm fuzzys. The information provided starts becoming swayed and good decisions can't be made any longer.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Old 10-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #265
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
I think the exchange in this thread has shown both you and Ted to be adult, professional and honest.

This thread has been mild compared to the flame-fests you read elsewhere on the 'Net. That is a credit to the members of Camaro5 and the mods.

The thread is useful because 1) it keeps vendors thinking about customer service, and 2) it instructs us average Joes on the questions to ask and things to watch out for.

Keep pushing Jamie! You're an inspiration and some of us are right behind you breaking sh*t too!

Padre
I've noticed some vendors/shops don't like it when potential customers ask informed questions.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
Old 10-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #266
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I've been informed by Ted that he is pushing to have this thread deleted.

All I've done is told the truth. I've lost 4 motors in four years. I've never once bad mouthed JRE or Ted. I still think the world of them and just felt it was time for a change.
I push my stuff hard. It's going to break at some point. I've accepted that as part or drag racing.

Please be honest and let me know if i have crossed the line.

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
And let it be know that Ted has reached out to fix the car at no cost to me. I don't want anyone to think that he's slammed the door in my face. He hasn't.

Even at the risk of spending more money I just wanted a change.
Yes this is True.

No I don't think you crossed any lines, I may have and I am sorry.

Regardless of how this was written, I got My Ass Kicked and it reflects on JRE as a Whole company, I dont' think that is fair to my employees who work so hard to uphold the JRE Name, when this is not even 1% of the work that we do in a Year.

Correct me If I am wrong as I recall it was a broken piston when the meth failed to fire at Island, back in 2010, that's when we installed the Forged rods and pistons in the stock engine, it lasted 3 years of continuous Pounding and turning up the power, We added NOS then fried a piston at Indy this year, did a Complete engine upgrade, and took out a piston at Island last Friday, If I missed something let me know.

Again I am truly Sorry.

Yes I did Offer to Repair the Engine and Transmssion at NO Cost, Then he could take it elsewhere and I also offered to support Jamie and work with what ever shop he chooses.

On a Build this intense No One can handle it alone, it took a Team of 7 Guys to get it to this level with 24-7 Support from JRE.

We spoke and Your mind is Made Up and I am OK with that, It doesn't Mean Our Friendship has to end or we can't help you in the future.

It has been an amazing build right from the get go always Setting the BAR higher and Higher.

Sincerely
Ted.

Closed Thread