Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Transmission / Driveline

Old 06-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #1
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
WTB LPW Differential Cover

Looking to buy a LPW differential cover. Please reply here and/or message me if you've got one you'd like to part with.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
'yo man...so sorry to see yer probs so soon after the cam! now you HAVE to come to 'cfest this year...just to make all this hard work and aggravation worth it! lol...good luck on your search...

peace

btw - fyi...my LPW has been on order since Feb 22....and per Doug the owner no eta as of yet....DAMMIT!
Old 06-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #3
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
'yo man...so sorry to see yer probs so soon after the cam! now you HAVE to come to 'cfest this year...just to make all this hard work and aggravation worth it! lol...good luck on your search...

peace

btw - fyi...my LPW has been on order since Feb 22....and per Doug the owner no eta as of yet....DAMMIT!
I have to take another look at timing, 'CFest would be a blast for sure.

It's a shame about the LPW covers - as I really think it's a key piece for keeping my next 4.10 alive. The more guys I talked to the more a common thread emerged - everybody running a 4.10 (that drag races the car routinely) has two things in common - Motive gears and an LPW cover.

I ordered gears and the cover from JEGs yesterday, because they had a 6/11/18 ship date on the LPW. Of course once you order they tell you oh, we have an estimated ship date of 6/26/18. I'm actually on hold with them right now to see if that's firm, or just a shot in the dark.

I suppose for now I'll get it together with the stock cover and just enjoy cruising the car without beating it too bad, and once the cover comes I hope I can swap it right on the car by just lowering the diff some. Then I can finally pull down some track times.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #4
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

I talked to LPW this morning - they indicate they finally have the covers cast from the foundry, and hope to be machining them soon. Probably still gonna be a few weeks before they start shipping out - but that's progress!
Old 06-08-2018, 05:36 PM   #5
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Hello! Just happen to be browsing the site and came across this. I just bought a 4.10 diff out of a low mile 2011 SS. Pardon my ignorance, but could someone explain the importance of an LPW cover when it comes to having a 4.10 diff? I don't plan on running her at the strip anytime soon, but if this is a future mod I need to look into getting to help with the longevity of the diff I would surely appreciate any info you can give! Thanks fella's, hope to see you guys at C'fest
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:55 PM   #6
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
the lpw cover puts a slight pre-load on the bearing caps...with DR's, cam etc the extra power causes the ring gear to want to twist out of the case....relatively inexpensive insurance when you think what a blown diff can cost ya...

peace.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:03 PM   #7
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
the lpw cover puts a slight pre-load on the bearing caps...with DR's, cam etc the extra power causes the ring gear to want to twist out of the case....relatively inexpensive insurance when you think what a blown diff can cost ya...

peace.
Thanks man, I'll definitely have to get one of those soon!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote